Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas..... page 2

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    If I see it, I will eat it. Indiscriminately.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Well, I figure my sisters will keep me up most of the night as we all sleep in one room on Christmas (tradition) and despite the fact that we are now 37, 34, 29, and 27 (plus a 38 year old wife) we will probably act like 7 year olds and spend half the night talking until my dad comes in and tells us to stfu. Then we will fall asleep and wake up to see that Santa Claus brought presents. Yay for the jolly, red suited, fat man.

Then after opening said gifts we will all trek to Waffle House (tradition again) where I will consume multiple eggs and probably some shitty bacon. Later in the day I'll probably cook turkey and things that go with turkey including stuffing and mashed potatoes, oh, and roasted potatoes too. Then I will eat the food (though probably not the stuffing...so I will stay primal if you include potatoes).

Then we will all sit around groaning and watch Christmas Story. Hopefully no one shoots their eye out.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    I am sticking as primal as I can be. I don't like how gluten makes me feel so many of the sweets are out. I'll eat the prime rib and potatoes. Salad and veggies. I'm sure I'll eat some chocolate or some black licorice since that is already bought for my stocking (sad how mom fills her own stocking).

I just don't want Christmas day to turn into Christmas week or Christmas month. I'm not good at stopping.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    I would love to say that I'm going to throw caution to the wind and eat whatever I want, but I know that would be a lie, lol!!! Because what I would really want is cookies.....xmas cookies to be exact. And since I have discovered my gluten intolerance, I know that I probably wouldn't eat any of those. Unless I wanted to spend the next three days really uncomfortable and unhappy.

I should figure out how to make some gluten free cookies.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Turkey, squash, green beans with bacon, some other veg....may splurge with ice-cream at the end but dairy does not bother me.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    At this point I prefer real food to any kind of cookies, crackers or stuffing anyway. I'm not sure what to have for dinner though. The idea of prime rib sure is appealing, but so is rendering another quart of fat out of a roasted duck.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    At this point I prefer real food to any kind of cookies, crackers or stuffing anyway. I'm not sure what to have for dinner though. The idea of prime rib sure is appealing, but so is rendering another quart of fat out of a roasted duck.
    Standing rib roast is good... I grilled a great one a couple of years ago. I prefer the bone on when doing large meats for flavor.

And you've reminded me it's time for a goose roasting some time between now and then. GOOSE FAT.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    I will try and "primalise" as much as possible. We've got a goose for Christmas Day (roasted with onions and apples, and served with vegetables and the occasional roasted potato), and a 3-rib of beef for roasting on Boxing Day (courtesy of the quarter cow being delivered next week!). My family are all gluten intolerant anyway, and I'm cutting the sugar quantities in the cake (and subbing some coconut flour for some of the plain flour) as well as in the mincemeat, and I've got REAL suet this year! It will be interesting to see whether or not anyone notices the changes ... Otherwise we'll be eating much the same as usual ...

lauralou42 is offline Junior Member
    Hi all,

Just loving hearing what you will all be eating, very interesting considering the array of goodies available at Christmas!!! Glad I won't be on my own being tad naughty!!! Just got to cook the whole thing now.......hummm would like to go out this year...less washing up!!! Hope you all have a lovely Christmas!!

xx

Laura

lauralou42 is offline Junior Member
    LOL!!!!! Watch out people.......

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast