Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Potato diet - Epic Fail, Glorious Victory page 5

otzi Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    ... President Otzi's?
    If elected, I promise a potato in every pot!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    If elected, I promise a potato in every pot!
    Sorry man... if you put a potato in my pot I'll toss it right at your head.
    (Low carb for neurological reasons.)
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Yeah... from what I gathered on that thread it was from eating eggs and only eggs, mostly cooked in fat.
    Certainly didn't tempt me to try it, though I thing eggs are a lovely topping for protein when fried sunny!
    Found it. It was called Eat Moar Eggs. Original title don't you think?

from the OP there : 21 whole eggs and 21 extra egg whites per day. I am allowed to eat less eggs but not more. This I will eat for four days per week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. On Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday I will eat half of this, = 11 whole eggs and 11 egg whites AND 3 pound of potatoes.

This is basically what PK did with the high protein plus spuds.

I just don't see why all those lovely egg yolks should go to waste. That's the best part.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 11-26-2012 at 10:01 PM.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Fount it. It was called Eat Moar Eggs. Original title don't you think?

from the OP there : 21 whole eggs and 21 extra egg whites per day. I am allowed to eat less eggs but not more. This I will eat for four days per week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. On Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday I will eat half of this, = 11 whole eggs and 11 egg whites AND 3 pound of potatoes.
    If I had to eat that much... I would want to DIE.
    Thank the gods I get to embrace FAT.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    i came here to make fun of these stupid diet hacks, again. but i can't think of anything funny. but i would like my asshole-ish intentions to be noted, cause these threads are all really, really stupid.

are any of you people happier doing one of these 'hacks' where you eat only potatoes, or only potatoes, tuna & egg whites? it's way more fun to eat food, you know, like different types of food... or to be able to go out and eat with other people. try it.
    Dude, what?! That's crazy talk! Why on earth would anyone doing primal actually want to eat a variety of real foods or spend social time with their tribe?
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Hey, PK,

What would you say about an all egg diet? It seems to be the perfect balance of fat and protein with low carbs. And, like taters, it would be economical.

I could eat a dozen eggs a day and be stuffed while only having 840 calories plus cooking fat so say 1000 calories. That would be 500 below maintenance for me.

It might actually work. Hmmm.......
    I think that would be very interesting. I used whole eggs ( about 8 per day ) for the last part of my experiment instead of adding any other fat or oil, and like you I also find them extremely filling. Given my body mass, I needed to add protein, though, and the only way to remain within my caloric constraints was with a low fat protein source like the canned tuna. Depending upon your particular caloric and protein goals, I think you could easily do an all egg diet.

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    The thread title is "Potato diet - Epic Fail, Glorious Victory".

So I think that it certainly implies that, even if it doesn't explicitly state it.
    Perhaps an indefinite article would have absolved me of any guilt by association : "A Potato diet - .... "?
    Notice I didn't make it "Eat MOAR TATERS, Gain MOAR WEIGHT" which might justify the implication.

So until someone from the church of the magic potato trademarks the English words "Potato" and "Diet" when they occur together as in "Potato Diet (TM)" I think we can safely use them to refer to a selection of food ( a diet ) comprised principally of starchy plant tubers ( potatoes ). I intend to do that until I receive the cease and desist letter from the IP lawyers.

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I would caution with all egg diet, because it is relatively easy to sensitize to eggs when eaten in large quantities. I presume if eaten exclusively, it will be even worse.

Also, I again, voice the agreement with the BMR over-estimates; particular the modifiers for activity. One of the questions I have for you, what's your BMR if you estimate it by Mifflin with a completely sedentary lifestyle? That's the only BMR estimate that is anywhere close to the truth for me (and the one that is very hard to sustain in the long run). I believe that adding a modifier for activity only works if you do not then add in the exercise separately.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    On page 4 pklopp said:
    See, the whole point of the experiment was to prove that a calorie restricted diet is a calorie restricted diet, and therefore, an all chocolate diet ( with adequate protein ) would be fungible with an all potato diet.
    I don't mean to pick on you. Trust me I have more productive things to do with my day, but this simply drives me nuts. It cant be "all chocolate diet" when you immediately add "( with adequate protein)". Not possible to supplement adequate daily amount of protein from chocolate alone. Even more so when you limit calories to 1 500.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hmm, I am ~ 100 lbs lean body mass, if I had to replicate the experiment, I would have to take 150 g of protein. 5 cans of tuna, 600 calories. My BMR is ~ 1250, 0.75% of BMR is 940 cals, so I will have 600 cals from protein and 340 calories from anything else. In case of chocolate, it will be ~ 9 squares of generic brand 72% chocolate they sell in the Superstore. Or about a kilo of cauliflower/cabbage. So, the diet is 60% lean protein actually.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast