Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Potato diet - Epic Fail, Glorious Victory page 3

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    There are things I'd like to say here, but I'm already on like my 5th warning from the mods. So instead here's ron paul with a pancake]
    You're like a walking ray of sunshine though
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    I don't see the point of this. It doesn't follow the guidelines.

1.) You didn't eat a high carbohydrate diet. You ate a low fat diet. You bulked it with outside protein. The initial thread said throwing in even greens like peppers was enough to throw stuff off. You didn't follow the diet at all. This is enough to disqualify the whole thread, but I'll continue because the other errors are glaring.

2.) While your diet more closely mirrors a high protein diet than a high carbohydrate diet, you clearly were eating more carbs on average than normal, particularly relative to your normal macros. You clearly put on water weight, which is why you saw an initial decrease in weight followed by an increase. You dumped water initially due to a caloric deficit, then you stabilized and your glycogen reserves pumped up.

3.) Your high fat follow through simply caused all the excess water weight you were carrying to be purged, resulting in a huge release of water with the low carbohydrate AND low calorie count.

When I did the UD2, after my 1000g carb-up, I'd be 143 lbs. Come Wednesday after I went on <50g of carbs per day with 4 hours of hideous glyocgen-depletion workouts, I'd drop 11 lbs. It was 10 lbs of water, 1 lb of fat due to my caloric deficit. Nothing shocking.

Your weight tracking, simply put, did not hold long enough. All you did was spend a few days on a reduced calorie low fat diet and you measured water weight fluctuations. That is not even close to an all-potato diet.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 11-26-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Paleobird Guest
    PK never said this was an "all potato diet".
    He never claimed it was a direct counterpoint to anything Otzi and bandwagon jumpers posted.

This is a separate, different, and very interesting self experimentation with interesting results.

"He didn't do it right! He's disqualified!", is just silly.

Terry H is online now Senior Member
    Gasp!!!! I think PK may have added seasoning too! The dirty b*****d. What wd. Otzi think? PK shd. find something else to do such as findinghisabs.
    Last edited by Terry H; 11-26-2012 at 05:08 PM.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    Gasp!!!! I think PK may have added seasoning too! The dirty b*****d. What wd. Otzi think?
    I liked the experiment and website. I wish it would have worked, but alas, I think it has to be all-potato to be effective. It's probably not the diet a powerlifter or crossfitter would want to do, but I have a sneaking suspicion the potato diet will get a lot of attention/use after the holidays...

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I liked the experiment and website. I wish it would have worked, but alas, I think it has to be all-potato to be effective.
    What about cycling in a little raw broccoli and spinach then - or will that completely destroy the effect of this magical diet?

Rookie is offline Junior Member
    I've been doing a similar variation to that on FTA. Just potatoes Mon-Fri and then my usual lifting on Saturday followed with relatively normal primal meals for Sat-Sun (plenty of meat, veges, some fruit). No changes to my lifts (still increasing slowly) and I'm now down 3.4kg in the 8 or so days I've been doing this. Prior to this I'd been stuck at the same weight for the last 4-5 months.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    What about cycling in a little raw broccoli and spinach then - or will that completely destroy the effect of this magical diet?
    I think you could probably add as many things as you want, raw veggies certainly seem benign enough. I just love the utter simplicity of all-potato. I find I'm completely satiated on just potatoes, when I try to add stuff in, it starts pulling me in a direction of the old calorie restriction diets of past when I would be miserable and hungry. I think it is more mental than anything, but when I tell myself "Only Potatoes" I'm good to go. If I allow myself a few almonds or a carrot, it opens the flood gates to seeing how far I can take it.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    I've been doing a similar variation to that on FTA. Just potatoes Mon-Fri and then my usual lifting on Saturday followed with relatively normal primal meals for Sat-Sun (plenty of meat, veges, some fruit). No changes to my lifts (still increasing slowly) and I'm now down 3.4kg in the 8 or so days I've been doing this. Prior to this I'd been stuck at the same weight for the last 4-5 months.
    Hey, Rookie - Another first time poster, I see. I think this potato diet deal has pulled in more first-time posters than anything else.

I think I will do the potato diet again in the spring. When I do, it will be a well-thought-out approach not unlike what you are doing. 14 days is a long-ass time to eat potatoes, 3 5-day cycles sounds much easier. What I've seen, a day or two off does not hinder progress at all, unlike a ketogenic diet where a day of carb consumption can set you back weeks.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    i came here to make fun of these stupid diet hacks, again. but i can't think of anything funny. but i would like my asshole-ish intentions to be noted, cause these threads are all really, really stupid.

are any of you people happier doing one of these 'hacks' where you eat only potatoes, or only potatoes, tuna & egg whites? it's way more fun to eat food, you know, like different types of food... or to be able to go out and eat with other people. try it.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast