Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sensitive teeth? page

sbhikes is offline Senior Member

Sensitive teeth?

Shop Now
    I will probably have to get some major dental work. But I was curious if I could improve my extremely sensitive teeth somehow. I can hardly eat or drink anything cold without deep, severe pain. We're talking a glass of cold water or even a salad is just too much. The pain is in all the molars where I had crowns put on last year. I'm so unhappy I had this dental work done. It ruined my life. I almost don't even chew my food anymore. Anyway, I know I need to get a dentist to help me, but in the mean time, has anyone done anything primal-wise to improve the sensitivity of their teeth?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

twa2w is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like your roots may be going and you may need root canals or extractions.

Bone broth and gelatin.
    You could try oil pulling and brushing with baking soda or a natural toothpaste. Try to avoid cold foods and acidic foods - citrus, many other fruits, tomatos etc

Hope it is just a temporary thing.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I will probably have to get some major dental work. But I was curious if I could improve my extremely sensitive teeth somehow. I can hardly eat or drink anything cold without deep, severe pain. We're talking a glass of cold water or even a salad is just too much. The pain is in all the molars where I had crowns put on last year. I'm so unhappy I had this dental work done. It ruined my life. I almost don't even chew my food anymore. Anyway, I know I need to get a dentist to help me, but in the mean time, has anyone done anything primal-wise to improve the sensitivity of their teeth?
    Couple suggestions:
    1. Make sure you are using a soft toothbrush;
    2. Use Sensodyme -- it's a good product and it works;
    3. Are you grinding your teeth at night? You may need a night guard and only a dentist will be able to tell
    4. Research a product called MI Paste. This is to be used on your teeth after you brush and floss at night. You apply a small amount of MI Paste and it remineralizes the teeth and reduces sensitivity.

I have very very sensitive teeth due to brushing too hard and grinding my teeth at night. I cannot eat any cold fruit or drink anything that has ice cubes in it. Ice cream has me on the ceiling -- so all cold things are a 'no go'.

Best to check with your dentist --- make sure the Crowns are okay and no other issue.

Best of luck.
    /Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    I have a very similar condition like yours and what ive found is very useful is to mix it up.
    One week go with the herbs, the next week with sensodyne, the next with colgate, the next with oralB, and so on.
    Its like the IF-carb refeed thing, gotta keep those thresholds on their toes!!!

"If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

Razorburne is offline Junior Member
    Mixture of Cod Liver oil and butter oil, as recommended by Weston A. Price's research (a dentist himself)....can actually help re-mineralize teeth and create a 2ndary dentin. Bone broth is also great to add in the mix as mentioned above.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I had a bunch of crowns done at once due to chemo wrecking my enamel. It took my teeth a year or so to "settle down" and stop being sensitive but they did. All by themselves. The nerves have just been jangled on a deep level in the grinding down process. Just give it time.

All the advice about re-mineralization is good but it doesn't really apply to crowns.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I've noticed that if I use regular toothpaste, they're sensitive. Even Sensodyne. I'm currently using Earthpaste and loving it. No pain, nothing. My teeth feel cleaner, too.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I keep hoping they will settle down. I'm really very unhappy. I cannot close my mouth all the way anymore. One of them sticks out too much and I don't like the way it grinds/sticks/catches on the one below it. I went to the best dentist in town, too. I had multiple referrals from friends and the dentist had won the local best of award multiple years.

I noticed my natural toothpaste says that it's whitening and tartar control but no fluoride. I can't see how that would affect crowns, but perhaps it does.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you have something a bit too exposed there.

My teeth are naturally sensitive, so I brush once a day, max (the natural film that people often call "plaque" numbs sensitivity and I haven't yet got a cavity!), I instinctively lick my teeth after eating sweet things and scratch excess plaque away with my nails or a toothpick. Mouth-wash is the best option forthe vast majority of the time. And don't brush after a meal or a sweet, as the enamel is softened: mouth-wash instead.
    Unsure if it'd help you, as yours came on after dental work. :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast