Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I ate about 1/8th of this recipe.... still hungry? page 2

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Same thing others have said, just phrased differently:

You ate (in essence):

1 slice bacon ~50kcal
    3/4 cup of mixed chopped peppers/onion ~30kcal?
    6 ounces of ground meat....given the mix of meats ~400-500kcal
    3.5 ounce of canned diced tomatoes ~20kcal?
    1/8th spaghetti squash ~50kcal?

Totals out to maybe 550 to 650 kcal as I read it...maybe add 100kcal for cooking oils and the like, maybe not.

Yesterday my breakfast was:
    1 (14.5oz) can of salmon ~600kcal
    3 eggs ~270kcal
    bunch of brussel sprouts, 7-10 shoots of asparagus, 1 bell pepper (didn't precisely measure) maybe ~100kcal
    bacon fat for cooking ~100kcal
    1 ounce smoked cheddar ~120kcal

Totals out to about 1200kcal, about double what you ate. When lunch time rolled around I decided to go to the park and do a 1hr walk instead of eating. In other words, I wasn't hungry right away. I did have lunch, I just wasn't starved for more half an hour after eating.

I'm not going to claim my food was "primal" really...I used ingredients I've been buying far longer than I've known the term "primal" as it relates to food/lifestyle. The main change is that two months ago I would've gotten up later, rushed out the door, stopped on my way to work for a (much smaller/less satisfying) breakfast burrito or the like, and then had an early lunch too. I'm in about the same weight class as you BTW, and I am dropping weight.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Huge difference here when it comes to age, activity level etc. I would certainly feed that amount to my hubby, who is a bit overweight and pretty sedentary right now. For me I would need less carb in that though. Lately when I have had chili I feel tired and uncomfortable, so last time I took some out of the freezer I added a half of an extra burger. Felt much better. The other thing is to have a spoon of coconut oil or other extra fat.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12