Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vibram FiveFinger Sale! page

tcoop2232 is offline Junior Member

Vibram FiveFinger Sale!

Primal Fuel
    Hey Barefoot Enthusiasts!

Vibram is doing a sale on specific styles and colors through 11:59 PM tonight!

These styles are discounted 50-60% off! For example, a Men's Komodosport (Yellow version) is $55!

FiveFingers Thank You Sale

Check it out, something may work for you!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Aaahhh if only I had the money! I don't even have the $40 for the pair I want Thanks for sharing, anyway!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    well, its only money. thanks for making my bank account a little lighter!

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member

tcoop2232 is offline Junior Member
    Haha! Glad I could help!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    My gf and I snatched our first pairs, thanks for the link!

I might have to do an adjustment to mine due to webbed toes, but we paid $90 altogether so not a bad deal at all.

PrimalMama is online now Senior Member
    FYI, I still have the $40 price on Women's Sprints coming up on my screen today... maybe you'll have the same luck

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    Ok, gotta say...

I've been struggling with running/sprints because even a little ends up killing my tibialis anterior muscles and the whole way I was running felt wrong, but I couldn't change it. I went to a running shoe store and they watched me run/walk and suggested a shoe with some sort of post because of "pronation"..."Brooks" somethings...felt okay in the store and they were clearing some of my 12.5 EE size out for almost half price...but same pain and maybe ankle pain too. Bummer.

Saw this thread, this sale, ordered a pair of "Bikila", which arrived today. These things kick ass! I went walking/sprinting in a nearby park, ran faster than I've run in a long long time, farther than I have in years, and no pain, no awkward feel. I could go back out now and do some more.

I don't know if my experience would be typical...I spent a LOT of time as a kid/teenager and into my 20s going everywhere barefoot (I was the reason for "no shoes no service" signs), and I'm still one of those people who takes his shoes off at any opportunity (in the car, the instant I get home, I usually wear flip-flops or teva-style sandals outside of work/riding my motorcycle). I'm also seriously overweight (270ish lbs) and had been very sedentary for about two years, ending two+ months ago. I'm probably not the usual buyer of these things, but I'm glad I did!

Anyway, thanks OP!
    Last edited by Him; 12-03-2012 at 05:44 PM.

stewie97 is offline Member
    Be very careful, it is easy to over do it your first couple of weeks of barefoot running. Read the directions and start slowly. You are using/stretching muscles and connective tissue that hasn't been used in a LONG LONG time. If you over do it now at the very least your calves will be sore for a week, at the worst a side lining injury.

These are great shoes, but you really have to ease into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Him View Post
    Ok, gotta say...

I've been struggling with running/sprints because even a little ends up killing my tibialis anterior muscles and the whole way I was running felt wrong, but I couldn't change it. I went to a running shoe store and they watched me run/walk and suggested a shoe with some sort of post because of "pronation"..."Brooks" somethings...felt okay in the store and they were clearing some of my 12.5 EE size out for almost half price...but same pain and maybe ankle pain too. Bummer.

Saw this thread, this sale, ordered a pair of "Bikila", which arrived today. These things kick ass! I went walking/sprinting in a nearby park, ran faster than I've run in a long long time, farther than I have in years, and no pain, no awkward feel. I could go back out now and do some more.

I don't know if my experience would be typical...I spent a LOT of time as a kid/teenager and into my 20s going everywhere barefoot (I was the reason for "no shoes no service" signs), and I'm still one of those people who takes his shoes off at any opportunity (in the car, the instant I get home, I usually wear flip-flops or teva-style sandals outside of work/riding my motorcycle). I'm also seriously overweight (270ish lbs) and had been very sedentary for about two years, ending two+ months ago. I'm probably not the usual buyer of these things, but I'm glad I did!

Anyway, thanks OP!

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the warning.

No soreness so far. Yesterday I used the VFFs for exactly the walk/run I've done 3 times in the past 2 weeks now with "brooks adrenaline GTS 12" (IIRC) conventional running shoes. I've only done it 3 times with the running shoes because after each try my tibialis anterior muscles and the like (shins basically) were sore for a long time (several days). I'm not talking about long runs, by the way... basically doing three short (maybe 100 yard) "sprints" spread out over a 1.5-2.5 mile walk..and with the conventional running shoes they weren't very fast sprints because it didn't feel right - more like fast jogs. Yesterday with the VFF was legitimate running (a bunch faster than with the brooks) but about the same distance (I ran farther, but not by a LOT...maybe an extra 100 yards total) and walk/run balance. After yesterday? No pain! I could go back and do the same again right now, which was not my experience with the others. You have no idea how much better these are for me.

I suspect I use my feet differently than most people. Beyond the fact that I still spend a lot of time walking barefoot/in flip-flops I mean. E.g. my tendency to walk on the balls of my feet. I was looking at a pair of my old flip-flops and they are worn almost completely through at the ball/right behind the toes, then the toes are kinda worn down (especially the big toe), and the heel shows basically zero wear. I spent a lot of years walking barefoot/in sandals through all sorts of terrain and staying up on the front of your foot seems to give a lot more control/balance. Or maybe I'm just compensating for only being 6' tall, I don't know. (that's a joke...it's not as though my heels are actually lifted, it's just that the weight is supported more forward...I weigh 270ish and can walk on my tip-toes) I have strong calves relative to most people.

That said, EVERYTHING about running is "take it easy" for me... I'm not a habitual runner, so I'm easing up to it slowly. It's just that before, every time I tried I was hitting a wall with that tibialis anterior muscle where I couldn't do much the next few days because of pain. Even if I keep easing into things, hopefully I won't have that pain messing with me.
    Last edited by Him; 12-04-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast