Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
What there is a little on is the use of ketogenic diets with Alzheimers sufferers. Here's Dr. Mary Newport talking about that:

The LLVLC Show (Episode 612): Dr. Mary Newport Updates Latest On Ketogenic Diet And Alzheimer’s Disease « Jimmy Moore's Livin' La Vida Low Carb Blog

and see here:

alzheimers ketogenic - PubMed - NCBI

I'd have thought a low carb diet, such as the Primal Blueprint, with plenty of coconut oil would be an option to discuss with one's doctor for anyone in that position.
Thank you,
I had started using coconut oil with my mom a while back, it seemed to be somewhat helpful, but she was not on the Primal way of eating yet. We stopped using the oil because we are an a limited income and it is expensive. I have just finished my MA in Early Education and have gotten a new job that starts in Dec. and will try using the oil again along with the primal diet. It is difficult to get her to understand and REMEMBER that it is not good for her to eat breads and ice cream, but I keep encouraging her and helping her to understand.

We have listened to Dr. Mary Newport in some of her talks and have started listening to the link you sent (I want to listen to it with my mom today) and will read the other article you posted.

Thank you
Sandyboots