Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Sandamel page 4

Sandamel is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 12. If someone can explain what in tarnation happened to me today, you'll get good karma points for the next week. In the afternoon, I had an all-out, totally irrational chocolate almond binge. Out of nowhere. I thought I was done with insane sugar cravings. Ugh. So disappointed.

On the bus:
    Double espresso with coconut oil

Breakfast:
    Leftover fritatta
    Handful salted nuts
    Water

Mid-morning:
    Black coffee
    Water

Lunch:
    Leftover chicken with coconut cream sauce and mushrooms over cauliflower rice
    Water

Afternoon:
    ENTIRE bag of dark chocolate covered almonds. Which I had to go out and buy. Which I didn't need. I don't get it.
    Water
    Latté with unsweetened chocolate almond milk (mostly to wake up from the massive sugar crash from the almonds!)

Dinner:
    I made a new fritatta with bacon, onions, tomato, mushrooms and broccoli

Seriously, I don't get the chocolate almonds binge. Is my body fighting back from me nearly reaching a new milestone? Is my body fighting the concept of becoming a fat burner? Am I not eating enough during the day? Am I reacting to yesterday's cheats? What??? I'm feeling like a major bummer about this. Le sigh.

Ooh, I've not kept up with my journal. Here are the last 2 days, to the best of my recollection!

Day 13 -

On the bus:

Breakfast:
    Fritatta
    Salted nuts
    Water

Mid-morning:
    Water
    Black coffee

Lunch:
    Big-ass salad with chicken
    Water
    Herbal tea

Dinner:
    GONG SHOW, but I'm ok with it. It was my DH's work Christmas party at an Indian buffet. The next morning my tummy explained quite pointedly that although naan is delicious, its gluten content is not appreciated.

Day 14 -

I was served coffee in bed! Love that. Double espresso with unsweetened chocolate almond milk
    Fritatta

Lunch:
    Coconut maple steamer

Dinner:
    Large salad with nuts and seeds
    Leftover chicken breast with coconut cream sauce and mushrooms
    Water

U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    yeah, i feel your pain, i had a similar damned binge on friday, no idea why (i walked pass a starbucks and could not resist the oatmeal raisin cookies) maybe if you try to focus on the overall picture. you daily menu is still looking pretty darn good!
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

Thanks U2sandrah!

Day 15 - Today I went WAY out of my comfort zone. I had a boudoir photo shoot so I could give the photos to my DH for Christmas. Needless to say, I was so nervous that I did not have a bite to eat until AFTER the shoot! I still can't believe I did it. Anyhoo...

Morning:

During the shoot:
    Mini-bottle of champagne. Lovely!

After the shoot, I went a little crazy:
    2 pieces of Brie cheese on rice crackers
    1 "cakette" - It's like a cake ball, no stick.
    2 chocolate-covered pretzels

Afternoon:
    Handful salted nuts

Dinner:
    Primal chicken masala casserole (with cauliflower rice base)
    Water

You know, I think I have to stop focussing on perfection just yet. I've chosen a difficult time of year to radically change my diet and I think I'm doing pretty well, given the circumstances and also given how carb-heavy my life used to be. I've lost some weight, my body comp is changing (the pesky muffin top is disappearing!) and I continue to try every day to eat well, despite some little setbacks.

Day 16 -

On the bus:

Breakfast:
    Baked eggs in avocado

Mid-morning:
    White tea
    Black coffee
    Water

Lunch:
    Steak salad
    Water

Mid-afternoon:
    Water
    Dark chocolate with almonds (seriously, this little chocolate/almond issue is totally related to work. Boo.)

Dinner:
    Leftover primal chicken masala casserole

very cool to have this confident attitude!
    your menu has been pretty tight the last couple of weeks! this change takes some time or so ive read.
    patience and discipline is key. gotta get some of both for myself!

im trying so hard to undo the pastry binge i had on friday! i am having huge carb cravings which i havent had in a while.
    its like the flood gates have opened and have to undo that damage one little step at a time...

i do realize that this is a pretty crazy time to think on changing menus for life, but here is a thought: imagine how much carbs you are avoiding and all the wheat not getting into your system compared to any other past holiday! a little primal is better than no primal at all!

I agree with you - even though I've had many little slips off of my perfect plan, my diet now is so much better than even a few weeks ago. It's all about baby steps.

Good luck with the after-effects of the carb binge. I've been there so I feel your pain!

Desperately looking for advice on kicking my new mid-afternoon craving for dark chocolate covered almonds. If I could eat one or two, no problem. But my old, deeply-ingrained habit around sugar is to eat it all until it's gone, which is so destructive. I can't leave any "for later". So I know that I have to stop buying the chocolate covered almonds since I eat a whole bag at a time. Even though I feel like ass afterwards.

Day 17 -

On the bus:

Mid-morning:
    Black coffee

Lunch:
    Big-ass salad with salmon

Mid-afternoon:
    BAG of dark chocolate-covered almonds
    Water

Dinner:
    Leftover primal chicken masala recipe (with cauliflower rice)

Maybe portioning your almonds into smaller bags?

I eliminated my compulsive nut eating with my morning coffee, by doing this: I only take out of the bag a limited amount of almonds, I put them in a little pile next to my laptop and I put away the rest of the bag. I end up eating only what is out there.

If you tend to go look for the rest of the bag, then maybe putting in your purse only a small number of almonds and having nothing more than what you have in hand. Or if you are studying and at the mercy of the study munchies, then try replacing your water by some tea with coconut milk or something like that, something a little bit more entertaining than water. It sounds to me that the munchies are out of boredom or just a mania to keep your hands/mouth busy while studying.

Today while I studied, I had a big mug of coffee with a splash of cream. That kept me busy while reading and not reaching for nuts or dark choc, since I went to a study hall instead of my house, so I had no snacks on hand except the mug of coffee!

Ana Tane is offline Junior Member
    Sandamel

I dont know if you are but try not to think to much about the sleep issue as i am a strong believer that you can make it worse in a subconcious way.
    If i have an issue that is persistant i take the time to sit down, have a cup of something to relax and think the problem through. I always find a way to solve it, but sometimes i think taking the time to have a good look at it will put your mind at ease and helps.
    How is your sleeping going now?
    Ana-Tane = (Cave Man)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast