Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for other Primal/Paleo parents nearby page

bmeine is offline Junior Member

Looking for other Primal/Paleo parents in DFW area

Primal Fuel
    Hi everybody! I'm not completely new to PB, just lurking on the forums for a while. Started out low carb after watching Fat Head, then found PB and have been doing it for about 1.5 years now. My name is Brad and my wife's name is Michelle. We have a 3 year old girl, Kari.

Anyway, we're interested in finding other primal/paleo families to get together with for some good food and fun once or twice a month on the weekend. We live in Texas in Grand Prairie within the DFW area.
    Last edited by bmeine; 11-25-2012 at 07:23 PM.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Maybe say your state/location in the thread title?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Yeah, should have included that. Edited, so it's at least bolded at the top of the first post now...it won't change the thread title on the list of threads unfortunately.

Cha
    Cha is offline Junior Member
    I am just south of the DFW area. My kidlets are 5,4, and 3.

Hey Cha! How long have you been primal?

I don't know how far from Grand Prairie you are, but if you're interested in meeting up sometime that'd be great and I know Kari would have a blast. I'm open to any ideas for locations and activities. I know there's plenty of parks, a few climbing gyms (I have a membership to dyno-rock) and I only know of one good hiking area close by (Cedar Hill Nature preserve).

Cha
    I've been primalish for a year, maybe more. I really didn't keep track. I just stuck my kids on it though. I'm down by Cleburne in Johnson County, But I am up in Fort Worth frequently. Mansfield seems to be about the halfway point, and they have some nice parks there. Is the Cedar Hill Nature Preserve by the state park? I've been to the state park many times. One of their trails has an old farm you can go through. I'm pretty easy going, as long as it doesn't cost a lot.

Mansfield sounds good. I had the name of the nature preserve wrong, it is in Cedar Hill, but it's called Escarpment Nature Preserve and it's very close to the state park...it's on Mountain Creek Pkwy and it's donation based. Climbing can definitely be expensive...especially for 4+ people at $16/person for the day.

Which day/times are best for you on the weekend? With 3 kids, I bet there's a lot to work around. Saturday usually isn't good until 1 or 2 depending on if we go to Sprouts after Kari's gymnastics. We are usually free all day on Sunday.

Cha
    Sundays would be great! The next Sunday I am available is December 16. We could meet at Town Park in Mansfield.

December 16th at Town Park it is. How about around noon and we can all have lunch?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast