Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Paleo Banana Bread

Paleo Banana Bread

Shop Now
    I made this recipe today and am very pleased with how it came out. Nice flavor, nice texture. Better texture, in fact, than some of the banana bread loafs I made in the past. I cut the recipe in half as I've only a small food processor and baked it for 25 minutes. Perfect.

I've used this small food processor more in the 4 months since going Paleo than I have in the 3-4 years I've owned the thing. I am starting to think I need a larger one...but cutting this recipe in half is great for one person. I figure the carb content is quite high with the quarter cup of coconut flour so I want to consider it a treat and freeze slices of it. I COULD eat this all at once, and that isn't going to happen

I just made a 1/4 recipe and added 2T mini chocolate chips. It made 10 fabulous mini muffins. Best paleo version of a family favorite I've tried so far!
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Great, thank you for sharing! Will try this at the weekend for my husband

Any guesstimates on what the macronutrient values are for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Navy87Guy View Post
    Any guesstimates on what the macronutrient values are for this?
    I plugged the recipe into Chronometer - a HALF recipe is the following (rounded up):

Calories = 792
    Carbs = 83
    Fat = 44
    Protein = 26

I keep my carbs between 50-70 for the day, so I sliced my half-recipe into 8 slices and froze 7 of them. It makes a pretty nice treat with coffee, and divided that much it isn't a hard hit on my carb allowance for the day. I prefer to get my carbs from veggies

This looks super-simple. I would like to try it, but substitute almond butter with quark (since I have lots of quark )
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    I plugged the recipe into Chronometer - a HALF recipe is the following (rounded up):

Calories = 792
    Carbs = 83
    Fat = 44
    Protein = 26

I keep my carbs between 50-70 for the day, so I sliced my half-recipe into 8 slices and froze 7 of them. It makes a pretty nice treat with coffee, and divided that much it isn't a hard hit on my carb allowance for the day. I prefer to get my carbs from veggies

Thanks! I'm relatively new to the Primal lifestyle, so this is the first time I've heard of Cron-O-Meter. I should have figured there was a tool out there to help with that! :-)

This came out fairly good for me! I'm not the biggest fan of coconut flour...mine always tastes a little bitter to me but the banana flavor won out over the coconut flour! Loaf has a nice crumb and slices beautifully!!

090.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shop Now
    It made 10 fabulous mini muffins.