Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Zee's Whole30 Primal Journal page 8

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sunday morning I had a cup of coffee with HWC, then cleaned my kitchen (badly in need of cleaning - now we can see the table again!). That made me hungry so I cooked up some uncured bacon and had 3 slices of that. I mixed mascarpone with a frozen berry mixture from Trader Joe's and nuked it for a little bit. Yummy and very filling! So much so that I wasn't the slightest bit hungry until almost 4pm. Flank steak with a couple cream cheese clouds and a glass of red wine to finish off the day. Calories were good, macros perfect: 68/11/8 (which doesn't even come close to adding up to 100%... I blame the wine).

Anyway, a good day and very productive.

Yesterday I mixed up the primal non-dairy coffee creamer (hmm... shorthand of PCC maybe?) and had that with my cup of coffee. I took mascarpone w/fresh blackberries to work and ate that for breakfast. Should have nuked just a bit but was still tasty. Leftover carnitas and avocado for lunch. Dinner was also leftovers: grass fed roast with a little non-primal steak sauce and half a slice of bacon, with cream cheese clouds for dessert. And more wine again. I should probably nix the wine for the rest of the week. It messes up macros. Calories were a little high, macros at 55/16/11. Fat was a bit low for the day, as was protein.

Yesterday work was BUSY and stressful in the morning, with meetings for most of the afternoon. This means I feel as if I got nothing accomplished. However, the meetings were productive in that they gave me direction that I needed on three separate projects, and removed the need for another one. So today, I get to take action on each of those projects. Hoping to end the day feeling productive. For that to happen... I need to get ready and get myself off to work!

Zee
    I copied breakfast and lunch from yesterday for today, though forgot to mention the bit of jalapeno pepperjack with the carnitas. Oh and I had the bacon with breakfast today rather than with dinner. Dinner is stirfry of chicken thighs, garlic, onion, peppers, celery, and a few cans of other stir-fry veggies (aka I forgot what all I put in it) cooked in a variation of the stirfry sauce from Mark's book. A variation because I didn't have all the ingredients so substituted a bit. Really, really good! As I told my husband, "I'm awesome... or I'm really hungry." LOL He agreed that I'm awesome so we'll stick with that for now.

Calories were a little higher today. I don't stress over that, especially on a lifting day. Macros of 65/16/13 (hey look, it's almost 100%). Yeah, I had a glass of wine before dinner. Work was crazy again. And it's just not going to let up. At least I stuck to one glass! We won't mention that the bottle is empty and I didn't see the point in opening another one.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    My problem is, I can't pick just one. If cheese weren't dairy, I would choose alcohol. Since it IS... I can't decide.
    You do know that Mark considers dairy and (in small amounts) red wine to be primal? So we really don't have to choose only one But we really should give up the sugar.

I have two dogs and two cats. The dogs are Jackson (my profile pic), an almost 2-year old Australian cattle dog mixed with sneaky neighbor dog... aka rescued from a local kennel with unknown origins) and V (who shall remain otherwise nameless to protect the innocent), a 10+ year old miniature dachshund AKA "Baby Dog". The cats are Tia and Leeloo, sisters who are NOTHING alike.

Photo??? Ahhh, let's see if I can figure out how to post one of those.

Attachment 10550

Edit: That worked! This is my family's zodiac signs, in our favorite colors.
    Thanks!
    Very nice tat!

a couple cream cheese clouds
    These are just cream cheese and butter, right? Do they taste that much better than just the cream cheese? I've thought about making them, but didn't know if they would be "worth" the mess.

Yeah, I had a glass of wine before dinner. Work was crazy again. And it's just not going to let up. At least I stuck to one glass! We won't mention that the bottle is empty and I didn't see the point in opening another one.
    HA! That's usually what happens when/why I only have one glass
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    oooh I like your tattoo. I have a huge one on my calf.

Zee
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy
    You do know that Mark considers dairy and (in small amounts) red wine to be primal? So we really don't have to choose only one But we really should give up the sugar.
    You speak the truth. But what's the point of small amounts of wine?

These are just cream cheese and butter, right? Do they taste that much better than just the cream cheese? I've thought about making them, but didn't know if they would be "worth" the mess.
    They taste like cheesecake to me (almost typed cheeseSTEAK - must be hungry) and I lerve cheesecake. It doesn't seem to be that much mess, although they take up room in the freezer while on the baking sheet.

Very nice tat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    oooh I like your tattoo. I have a huge one on my calf.
    Thank you both!

I had a dream/nightmare this morning just prior to waking. I do not usually remember my dreams and this was VIVID. Also unusual is that I am certain the meaning of it - I feel powerless regarding my youngest son. He's in Basic Training for the Army right now and the last letter he sent to his gf, he was really homesick. His Company provides updates on Facebook about what they are doing on a semi-regular basis (which is great and much appreciated), so I know that last night and tonight he'll be outside for night exercises. The forecast calls for rain. I hope he doesn't feel like he's drowning (he was in icy river rapids in my dream, struggling to stay above water).

Freaky.

I need to write him today.

Grokalicious is online now Senior Member
    Zee, cool tatty!!!
    One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards.
    Oscar Wilde

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Zee
    Thanks!

So yesterday was a pretty good day nutritionally. Went out for lunch with coworkers and stuck to my plan, having some of the chips and salsa but avoiding (most of) the rice, beans and tortillas. I also didn't over-stuff myself. Ended the day at 67/19/14.

Today was good too, though I was SUPER hungry before my workout at lunchtime. I think I need to be prepared with a snack - macadamia nuts or a hard-boiled egg or two, maybe cheese. Especially on lifting days. I made it through but I would not have been able to do the HIIT that was on the schedule. We did 3 sets of everything rather than 2 plus the HIIT. Intervals tomorrow, so I must have enough food for that.

I confess to having pizza and beer for dinner so carbs are a little higher, yet still below 100. Macros are 56/23/21 but calories are good.

Tomorrow is Friday and I've been told my son will be able to call. Woo hoo!!!

Zee
    January Progress:

4.8 pounds gone
    6.25" gone (chest, waist, navel, belly, hips and both thighs)
    Body fat ~22% (from 24.75%, calculated by measurements)
    LBM gain of ~1/2 a pound
    Fitting into my smallest pair of jeans comfortably

Primal agrees with me.
    Declining treats entirely is easier than limiting them.
    Higher fat is satisfying.
    Energy levels are much more consistent.

I am having some issues in the late afternoon. How do I describe them? It's not concentration exactly... more like, well, as I've been telling my coworkers each time it happens, "My brain finally caught up with my mouth!" I have been blaming it somewhat on thinking out loud, trying to figure things out, so of course sometimes I'm going to get off track. But I am starting to sound like I'm spouting nonsense and arguing with myself such that one of my coworkers is getting very close to just telling me to shut up and not listening anymore! I can't blame her, but WTH is going on with my BRAIN?

That's mostly a rhetorical question, by the way.

Off to work. Have a good Friday!!

Zee
    I signed up for the Dirty Dash this morning. The course is 3.5 miles of obstacles, with mud and an optional beer obstacle (which I will be doing, TYVM!! --- never mind that my start time is 9AM!). Haven't convinced my husband to join me yet, but I'll work on that.

Work was stressful again today.

I have an urge to get my nails done. Hoping to be able to find someplace to take a "walk-in" with a call right beforehand tomorrow morning. Then I'm going to head to my mom's, pick her up and drive ... maybe we'll head towards my nephew's so she can visit him and his wife, see her great-grand-daughter. Or maybe we'll just go somewhere for the hell of it. No particular destination in mind. Just a day away. Or two. We'll come back when we feel like it (so long as it's no later than Sunday as I do have to work Monday morning).

We will not discuss my nutrition for today. lol

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Great results for Jan!
    Good luck with the dirty dash

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678