Hello! I have been perusing this site and forums for about two weeks now. I love to research and learn all I can about nutrition and exercise so you can probably imagine the amount of time I've spent on the site. I've been on vacation this past week, but returning to work tomorrow so my free hours will decrease then.

Just so you know where I am coming from, I am a 41 year old woman, married with two boys, who as of one week ago are both in the Army. My family has always eaten relatively healthy, or so we thought. With the boys out of the house, I think it will be easier for us to keep the krap out.

I found this site and started reducing carbs and eating more primally two weeks ago. With Thanksgiving (twice) and the impending departure of our son, there were many more opportunities for eating out and not to plan. I read about a book called It Starts With Food, bought the kindle version and started reading it aloud to my husband while he drove us home from his parents yesterday. We decided to start our own Whole30 plan immediately.

We both have a bit of fat to lose, and occasional lower back pain, which can be very debilitating when it hits. I also struggle with acne and dry skin. Otherwise we really don't have any major health complaints. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next thirty days.

So far, we have had breakfast of eggs, spinach and avocado, and lunch of steak cooked in coconut oil with mushrooms and onions, and a side of mashed cauliflower. Dinner will be scallops with bacon, and a salad. I bought a variety of meat and veggies today, as well as eggs, dates and apples.

My goals for this next thirty days are to eat according to plan every day, with zero alcohol which will be the toughest part for me. No dairy and no sugar will also be difficult. As said earlier, I also wish to lose some fat...while I am not overweight, I am over-fat. A flat midsection is my ultimate vain result. I also want to repeat my two-minute plank, and achieve my first ever pull-up before the end of the year.

Wish me luck!!