Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Zee's Whole30 Primal Journal page 5

Grokalicious is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I envy you, Zee. You seem to easily embrace the whole 80/20 thingy and I simply can not. Maybe when I finish the oh-so-strict Whole 30 I will be able to succeed with 80/20. Dunno. But envious of you, indeed.

One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards.
    Oscar Wilde

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    It's rather surprising me, actually. I usually go all out with something new, be it a workout, hobby or whatever. Then that gets replaced by the next new thing. Thus far, I am truly enjoying cooking. It helps that I'm not starving(!) such that I must eat immediately... gives me time to consider what I want/can make. Of course, sometimes that means dinner isn't until 8 p.m. like tonight!

Yesterday's meals: B: Tuna in nori, kalamata olives, dill spears. Macadamia nuts. L: The rest of the curry. Salad w/store-bought italian dressing. D: Liver and onions! (Never liked liver but MAN was it good.) 2 dates.

Today's meals: B: Bluberries, blackberries & raspberries in coconut milk smoothie. L: Tuna and dill spears. Salad w/olive oil and balsamic vinegar (tasty! must do that again). D: Chicken cooked in garlic ginger "marinade" (from the new book!), kale, onion, bacon in turkey broth (Sabine style - also tasty!).

New workout yesterday, the first one in Stage 3 of NROLFW. I am SORE today. Had planned on a bath tonight but just don't have time. Maybe I'll take one in the morning.

Walked at lunch today on the 'mill while I caught up on a few things on the 'Net and starting reading PB. (Finally bought the book.)

Our younger son called this afternoon to get his travel information. (He is in Basic Training right now, coming home for Block Leave over the holidays.) I was on my way home and didn't have it with me. Long story short, he already had it in his locker - in mail that came today but he hadn't had time to open yet. So he's all set to come home. YAY! Unfortunately, he's currently sick which is making training difficult. Hope he can kick that soon.

Which reminds me, I need to get some pictures printed up and ready to mail to him. Off I go!

Zee
    Busy, busy bee. That's me this past week. Quick(ish) recap: work and more work, cookie/candy making with my mom, grocery shopping, cookie/candy eating... fast food eating... more cookies and candy plus a beer or three over the past week means I've gained back 2# that I'd lost. I also realized that I have rather strong willpower to avoid anything so long as I avoid it completely. I can have ZERO cookies or candy or alcohol and be fine. If I have ONE... then I am fine... but the next time I have two, then six, then I stopped counting.

So, I'm going to avoid all cookies and candy and alcohol for today. Just for today.

Maybe I need a 12-step program?

Grokalicious is offline Senior Member
    One week in the scheme of things matters not. It's a tough time of year to stay strong. This I know!
    One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards.
    Oscar Wilde

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Zee
    Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

Happy New Year!!

The holidays are now behind us. My kids were able to come home for ~2 weeks to visit, which was absolutely wonderful. They're now gone, and their best friend (who is like my third son) will be leaving later today. I'll take the weekend to clean the house, laundry etc. and generally get things back in order around here.

Last weekend the boys and I went snowboarding. It was my second time ever. I hated it, and loved it. Then regretted it just a bit the next day, and the day after that. Actually, no regret... but BOY was I sore!!! I could hardly move. I have really done no exercising this week, though I know that a little activity would likely help resolve the remaining issues. I'll either walk at lunchtime today, or try a little roller skating tonight. Perhaps both. Time will tell.

I've definitely gained back some of the weight I'd lost lately. It was expected the way I let go. I enjoyed my holidays and do not regret that at all, but do plan to return to the Primal WOL. The short amount of time that I had eschewed grains and sugar had me feeling SO good that it would be silly to ignore. I have yet to finish the book. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

Let's see... that means my to do list for the weekend is laundry, vacuuming, bathroom and general house cleaning and pickup. Hair appointment. Clean the refrigerator (long overdue) and clean it OUT. Arrange the pantry and cupboard of what foods remain from the boys' visit, tossing or giving away what we won't eat. Also need to clean the fish tank, clip dogs' nails and brush them well. Should at least vacuum the car, if not wash it, too.

I'm tired just making that list!! lol

Have a good weekend, all.

Zee
    As per usual, yesterday started out with much resolve and willpower, then took a nosedive in the evening. I halfheartedly started logging my food, which I know in the past has helped me get nutrition in order. Just that little bit of accountability (though no one else may ever see it) is enough to help me stay on track. Usually.

Unfortunately, I gave in to the easy route of eating what my husband prepared for dinner which was carbs, carbs and more carbs, also known as spaghetti with garlic bread. I also polished off the rest of my chocolate bar. I tracked everything but UGH!!!

My husband just woke up so I can start in on my chores for the weekend. A good primal breakfast is planned!

Zee
    Halfway through the weekend. How does the chore list look?

Done
    General house cleaning and pickup. Cleaned out "junk drawer" in kitchen, assembled one bag of items to donate.
    Hair appointment
    Arrange the pantry and cupboard (done-ish*)
    Clip dogs' nails and brush them
    Clean OUT refrigerator
    Grocery shopping (wasn't on to-do list but needed to be done!)
    Letter written and mailed to son in BCT (also wasn't on previous list...)

In process
    Laundry

Still to do
    Vacuuming
    Bathroom cleaning
    Clean the refrigerator
    Clean the fish tank
    Vacuum (and wash?) the car
    Donate items

*Pantry arranged (necessary to put away groceries), cupboard not so much. For now, I think I'll designate the cupboard for non-Primal-foodstuffs. So I just need to move a few things from there to the pantry.

Snowing outside now, with a decent chance it shall continue to snow all day. No washing the car! Can still vacuum it though.

Food for yesterday: good... unless you count the alcohol, which I do. Without the drinks, my carbs were just over 100 (one cutie, one banana and one sweet potato) and calories were acceptable. I am happy with that.

So far today, I've had one cup of coffee. I'll switch to tea/water for the rest of the day. Think I'll have bacon, eggs, spinach and onion for breakfast; then make Thai chicken curry for lunch. Dinner... seafood or turkey, or more chicken curry.

There's something wrong with my right leg, maybe a pinched nerve or something in my back. It hurts to lift, like you do when putting on pants/socks or going up stairs. Definitely not a sore muscle. Wish it would just heal already. It's been almost a week.

Zee
    Quick check-in: doing okay. Chores almost all done last weekend (didn't clean the car and still have the bag of items in it to donate). I've been reducing carbs and increasing fat each day this week, aiming for a ratio of 10/20/70 (carbs/protein/fat) along the lines of EMF. Yesterday ended with 14/22/64%.

Today I made the Primal Non-Dairy Coffee Creamer for my coffee, which was more satisfying than drinking it black. In addition, breakfast includes bacon and coconut milk. For lunch, I have tapenade and celery sticks, a few extra olives, hard boiled eggs and cottage cheese. I also have some macadamia nuts if I'm hungry between meals. Will pull something out of the freezer and figure out what to do with it for dinner tonight.

Took measurements and weight this morning. Last time I measured was just before Thanksgiving. I'm down one pound; measurements are about the same. Looking forward to some positive reductions next time.

Zee
    Didn't need the nuts for a snack today, though I had a few pieces of fresh fruit prior to my workout. I think that helped me push during the intervals. That's my story anyway.

My husband suggested pizza for dinner and I told him in no uncertain terms that was not in my plan. Then I found H20 Goddess’ Oopsie Pizza | Your Lighter Side. YUM!! I had to run to the store to get toppings but it was totally worth it. Also picked up some pork rinds and more cream cheese, had some of the pork rinds with dinner. I also had a glass of Rough Justice afterwards.

Macros for today were excellent: 10/21/69 (c/p/f) though I went over on calories by a bit.

I'm making a batch of the Oopsie Rolls themselves to have a bacon-egg-oopsie for breakfast tomorrow. Can't wait!

Zee
    Ahhhh... low carb flu. Feeling very miserable this morning. headache, nauseated, and achy. Felt pretty good when I woke up, had a cup of coffee with Primal Non-Dairy Creamer then BAM! Finishing a cup of green tea and starting to feel a bit hungry now.

Anyone use MyFitnessPal's website/app on their phone? The iPhone app has the graph that I love to check but it's not on the website. This morning I was researching the symptoms of low carb flu (to see if I had that or the real thing... ) and found a link to Configuring MFP which adds a column for Net Carbs AND the graph for the day that the website is missing! SWEET!!

Staying home for the day. Hope my nausea doesn't bite me and I can keep down my breakfast... wish me luck...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast