Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zee's Whole30 Primal Journal page 3

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi Zee,

I read this thread because I want to do Whole30 next month. You're doing great!

I lived in Spokane from 1998-2001 and loved it. I interviewed for a job there last year and was heartbroken when I didn't get it.

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Hi Violet, thanks for stopping by and providing encouragement. I have lived in Spokane since 1985, minus about six months when we moved to the Seattle area. Its such a great place to raise a family.

Day 4 is just about over. I came home from work and finished my last workout for Stage 2 of NROLFW, which included HIIT. Showered then cooked up some turkey burgers in olive oil. No veggies... cup of tea to wash it down.

Going out to lunch for my birthday tomorrow with coworkers. Mongolian. I should be able to stick to meat, veggies and ... Well, oils might be a little off plan. Going to another birthday lunch next week. I think that will be Mexican food and I'll have taco salad, without eating the shell.

Tired now, will have to catch up on other journals this weekend

Grokalicious is offline Senior Member
    Curious if you've had cravings or how your hunger levels feel. Sounds like you're right on course!
    If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces,
    never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.

Flavia Weedn, Flavia and the Dream Maker

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Zee
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokalicious View Post
    Curious if you've had cravings or how your hunger levels feel. Sounds like you're right on course!
    I was just in your journal mentioning my cravings - didn't even realize you'd posted here! Ha! As for my hunger levels, they've been a LOT better than pre-Whole30. Other than yesterday morning (which those macadamia nuts satisfied), I really haven't been hungry until mealtime. Even then, my hunger doesn't have the urgency it used to... and I don't turn into a raving ornery beast until I eat! I'm much happier.

My husband came home from work while I was eating my dinner last night. He had stopped by the store on the way home and picked up sausage for my breakfast at my request (are those okay on Whole30 or am I pushing it here...they sounded good). He also saw some sort of steak wrapped with bacon that he bought for me... "I'm not sure if you can have these but I saw them and thought maybe you'd like it". YES PLEASE! It's not organic or grass-fed but I'm okay with that.

It's Friday! My official schedule allows me to work a shorter day today, going in an hour later and leaving an hour earlier. With a major project in the works, I'm not sure how that's going to play out... and I'll likely have to work tomorrow. But, I'm going in at my usual, later time. That gives me extra time this morning to get some things done.

Breakfast this morning will be hazelnut coffee (black as usual this week), 3 eggs and 3 sausage links. Thinking... veggies. Hmm. I have trouble with veggies for breakfast, other than onions. Oh! I have fresh pea pods... that'll work!

Lunch as I said will be out for Mongolian. Dinner shall be steak and bacon wrapped yumminess, with steamed broccoli. Then I must purchase more veggies as I'll be out of options.

On to Day 6!!!

Zee
    Since this is my journal (and not Facebook where all my friends and family are reading...yet anyway), I want to take a moment to say... I'm worried about my brother E. He's got medical issues going on right now, can't work because of a seriously high pain level yet no insurance. No money to speak of. Nothing. He's lying on a couch/bed all day and night, struggling just to breathe, with steroid meds from a lung dr but no pain meds other than ibuprofen... which he takes WAAAAY too many of to take the edge off. He's seriously wasting away because he isn't able to eat.

I just sent messages to his girlfriend again to MAKE that man eat... puddings, yogurt... drink protein shakes, milkshakes, chicken soup/broth... anything to get some nutrition in him. He's skin and bones right now.

We have some past issues that I'm truly mad at him for, and he knows it. He's made promises after promises, really ruined relationships with all of his siblings, nieces, nephews... his own daughter (who lives with her mom thousands of miles away from him right now). As I told coworkers yesterday, he's an ass. But he's still my brother. I still love him.

No one should have to live like he is right now....

I just don't know if there's anything more I can do to help him get the help he needs. I have to work full time, live half an hours drive from him and can't be his advocate as much as I'd like. I don't know if his GF is doing everything she can... I want to believe she is but it's so damn hard when I see him lying there.

I stopped by yesterday over my lunch hour (hour and a half...oops) just to bring him ibuprofen and TP that he asked for. And pumpkin pie. I hope he eats it.

And now I'm going to be late to work... gotta leave in 10, haven't dressed or had breakfast yet. Spent the past hour researching advocacy and free medical/whatever whatever assistance.

Happy Friday. Blah.

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    OK, here I am wishing you LOTS AND LOTS of luck, and great results.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Zee
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    OK, here I am wishing you LOTS AND LOTS of luck, and great results.
    Thanks!!

So breakfast was actually 2 hard boiled eggs and the fresh pea pods. I'll have proper fried eggs and sausage tomorrow when I have more time. Lunch was Mongolian... lots of fresh veggies with beef and chicken, assorted oils and whatnot (not great choices maybe but okay). My bacon steaks are cooking now.

Then I'm going roller skating, where I'll meet up with my younger son's girlfriend. Also dragging my husband along. Play time!!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hey Zee, Sounds like you are doing great. I am still following W30 even though I only have 24 days until xmas eve. Keep it up.

Grokalicious is offline Senior Member
    Nice to see you out for some play with the family, Zee!

If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces,
    never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.

Flavia Weedn, Flavia and the Dream Maker

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Zee
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hubby and I had fun skating. Sons gf didn't show until after we left. I knew she had a prior obligation so no worries. Next Friday maybe. I got new skates! Have to break them in. They're rather slippery at the moment. I had one whoops moment when I almost took down a 3-year-old. Luckily her mom had hold of her and I didn't hang on for long. Embarrassing moment of the day.

Can't wait until my son comes home to skate with me again.

Been thinking about getting a tattoo. Found the artist so now just have to pull the trigger. Have the design in mind already.

Time for some pumpkin pudding!! Going to watch Brave with my hubby and likely fall asleep on the couch.

Night!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast