Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zee's Whole30 Primal Journal page 2

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi Zee, welcome to the journals.

Sounds like you're off to a great start!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Grokalicious is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you're doing great! Yay!!
    If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces,
    never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.

Flavia Weedn, Flavia and the Dream Maker

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Ahh that sucks about the hubby - maybe he can do Primal 'lite' for a while? I started my BF off by begging him to give up grains for just a week! He hated me that whole week, but felt better at the end of it. We've had a few speedbumps, but now we're on the same track Maybe try that instead? Compromise is better than nothing!

I see we have two more things in common - dates and NROLFW! I try not to buy dates because I will eat them all, they are like crack. Maybe you could freeze them for now? And I've just started stage 4 of NROLFW too, killer program
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    if he eats even one good meal a day, he's about 10 steps up from a lot of others
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    Ahh that sucks about the hubby - maybe he can do Primal 'lite' for a while? I started my BF off by begging him to give up grains for just a week! He hated me that whole week, but felt better at the end of it. We've had a few speedbumps, but now we're on the same track Maybe try that instead? Compromise is better than nothing!

I see we have two more things in common - dates and NROLFW! I try not to buy dates because I will eat them all, they are like crack. Maybe you could freeze them for now? And I've just started stage 4 of NROLFW too, killer program
    Goose, thank you for the suggestions!! I talked to my husband about maybe just giving up grains and he agreed. Although we do have some leftovers in the fridge from Saturday that I think he's going to eat for lunch today. After that though, he'll try it. I told him I won't give him krap for the rest of his diet if he does that. lol Along the lines of what bloodorchid said, if he still has dairy and sugar but limits the grains (or eliminates them entirely) then there's some benefit.

FREEZE the dates!?! Why didn't I think of that!! I took them in to work yesterday and it didn't look like anyone had any. I'll bring them home tonight and freeze them. Awesome!!

I started NROLFW a few years ago but didn't finish. Now I'm working through it with a coworker, two days a week at lunchtime. We have a lat machine but no bench, and dumbbells up to 10# so it's not AS effective as it could be (especially for deadlifts and squats). Better than nothing though. I can supplement with free weights we have at home.

Day 4 begins! I have three eggs fried in coconut oil, small serving of spinach and avocado leftover for breakfast. Maybe the carrots I left at work if I'm still hungry. Roast with carrots and onions, pumpkin pudding for lunch. I think I'll maybe lamb and steamed broccoli for dinner tonight.

Have a great Wednesday!

Zee
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Hi Zee, welcome to the journals.

Sounds like you're off to a great start!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Grokalicious View Post
    Sounds like you're doing great! Yay!!
    And feeling great, too!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    if he eats even one good meal a day, he's about 10 steps up from a lot of others
    Good point. Getting him to eat breakfast (per the Whole30 plan) and maybe dinner with me, without snacking/drinking in the evening will definitely be better for us both.

Zee
    I have truly fabulous coworkers. They found out about my current diet plans and have started teasing me... They are celebrating birthdays this afternoon (a different department so I wouldn't normally be involved anyway) with cake and ice cream. Another coworker is apparently selling candy bars for a fundraiser. My neighbors (in the other dept) are teasing me about going and looking at what is available. I offered to buy one for them. Lol

Seriously people! Way to support your coworker and friend. Haha.

Truth is I know they support me.

I do wonder if I can use this torture for my defense.

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    I have truly fabulous coworkers. They found out about my current diet plans and have started teasing me... They are celebrating birthdays this afternoon (a different department so I wouldn't normally be involved anyway) with cake and ice cream. Another coworker is apparently selling candy bars for a fundraiser. My neighbors (in the other dept) are teasing me about going and looking at what is available. I offered to buy one for them. Lol

Seriously people! Way to support your coworker and friend. Haha.

Truth is I know they support me.

I do wonder if I can use this torture for my defense.
    Yeah my cooworkers are similar, since I gave up all sugar this month. It's constant 'omg you're too healthy' etc etc. But you can tell there is some envy involved because they can't stop shovelling donuts in their faces and are overweight. There are some people in the office though that gave me props for the whole 30 when they found out what it entailed.

Dates - yeah I've never frozen them, but I bet it would be good! You could freeze them whole or cut them up. Then blend them into protein shakes/smoothies as an when you want them. Or as a snack it would be good because it would take so much longer to eat.

Good luck on the hubby - I plied mine with heaps of tasty PB fare at dinner (so he didn't even realise he was eating PB) and plenty of bacon, eggs and sweet potato. A way to a man's heart....
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Zee
    Yeah we'll see how it goes with the hubby. Hopeful anyway.

Day 4 yesterday ended well, though I did feel a bit more rundown than usual. Had pumpkin pudding after dinner also. Half portions each time so total of one for the day

Started this morning with coffee as usual. Really hungry though. Had lamb and carrots for breakfast. Hungry again a few minutes ago so had one ounce of macadamia nuts. Been drinking water and tea all morning.

BAS for lunch. Not sure about dinner yet...

Zee
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Craving sugar. Definitely not hungry though. One more hour until I can leave work.
    Maybe some tea will help. Water isn't cutting it.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast