Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Good carbs? page 8

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I will never understand why some folks think it's just one way for everyone. Just a few variables are metabolism, genetics, gender, age, and weight (overweight vs healthy weight). Add various health conditions, and I would imagine it would be easy to see that there's not just one solution. Hence a blueprint one can tinker with until it works for the individual. I just plain out like lower carb eating. I like eating animals more than I like eating plants. The wonderful side effect is lessened hunger.

So rock on, low carbers. As for the chocolate, tuber, fruit, and white rice lovers among us, rock on to you also.
    Yes indeed, rock on to everyone! Let's just get back to that phase where we accepted the differences in diets and in individual needs and remember that not everyone reacts the same way you do to particular food substances.

Let's not make unfounded and bold pronouncements about food substances that aren't backed up by solid evidence and let's not assume there is one true path that everyone MUST follow.

Let's DO continue our discussions on the effects of carbs, fats, and proteins on our bodies, and let's DO continue to debate the optimal dietary lifestyle. But let's NOT make accusations about someone who may disagree with us, or have their own personal reasons why they can't eat the same way we do.

Being open-minded is a beautiful thing.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I'm all for being open-minded.

I'm interested in the differences, while knowing and understanding what works for me. Let's celebrate diversity.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I'm all for being open-minded.

I'm interested in the differences, while knowing and understanding what works for me. Let's celebrate diversity.
    That's where I'm at right now, I'm still learning about nutrition, but I know what works for me.

I'm trying to develop a diet that is healthy and yet interesting enough that I am prompted to stay with it. High fat has been a wonderously easy regimen to stick to.

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This is an unnecessary complaint.

It's obvious that when people are referring to e.g. apples vs candy carbs, they know that the sugar is chemically the same. Using the term "good carbs" is just shorter than "good foods containing carbs". Again, if EVERYONE understands the meaning behind the words, why raise an issue?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678