Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's this cookie cutter Ketogenic diet (Prevent mineral deficiency) page

thex1138 is offline Junior Member

Arrow How's this cookie cutter Ketogenic diet (Prevent mineral deficiency)

Primal Fuel
    Alright so, I was trying to find a Ketogenic diet plan that prevented the typical mineral deficiencies (sodium/magnesium/potassium), without having to take much supplements.

Here would be my typical foods throughout the diet : 4 avocados, 5 eggs fried in coconut oil, about 8oz of fatty beef, a green salad (with either kale, mustard greens, dandelion greens, or a combination of) with some olive oil and Bragg's apple cider vinegar.

I'll also be making a drink called "Sole" (So-lay).. You make this by putting a bunch of Himalayan Salt in a jar, pouring water in, and waiting about 24 hours until the water is saturated with the salt. After that, I'll take about a half, or full teaspoon, and put it in each glass of water that I drink for extra minerals.. I'll be salting my food with Celtic Sea Salt, that way I get a combination of the benefits of both every day.

I'll be taking a tablespoon of fish oil everyday, and I'll also try to fit in a tablespoon of straight coconut oil here and there whenever I can do so without feeling too full.

Yes, there are a lot of PUFA's in Avocados, nonetheless they are very good for you, and will provide me with 2g+ of potassium everyday. I will also meet my magnesium requirements between the avocados, salt, eggs, and dark leafy greens.

So, how does this look to you all? Assuming I can work up an appetite to eat all this... Does it sound sustainable?

Keep in mind I'm not doing this to lose weight.. I'm doing this for the mental/energy benefits of ketosis. Even if I gain weight, that's fine.

Ljphalen is offline Member
    It sounds pretty well-rounded, but you can never go wrong by adding some liver.

Quote Originally Posted by Ljphalen View Post
    It sounds pretty well-rounded, but you can never go wrong by adding some liver.
    True that! I've actually never tried liver before, but I'd definitely be up for it. Perhaps I can replace my fish oil with cod liver oil instead.

Anyone else have input?

Paleobird Guest
    I second the liver and cod liver oil suggestions and would suggest changing up the greens from day to day to include some spinach. (You didn't list spinach so I wasn't sure if you meant to include it.)

Also for a change of pace and to keep the palate from getting bored, you can make your greens cooked and creamed using cream cheese or sour cream if you're ok with dairy or coconut cream if you aren't.

If you want a way to get all the benefits of liver plus some more wonderfully keto levels of fat, try my liver pate.
    https://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65193.html

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I second the liver and cod liver oil suggestions and would suggest changing up the greens from day to day to include some spinach. (You didn't list spinach so I wasn't sure if you meant to include it.)

Also for a change of pace and to keep the palate from getting bored, you can make your greens cooked and creamed using cream cheese or sour cream if you're ok with dairy or coconut cream if you aren't.

If you want a way to get all the benefits of liver plus some more wonderfully keto levels of fat, try my liver pate.
    https://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65193.html
    I introduced my SIL to your liver pate (with 8oz baby bella mushrooms added, and some Chardonnay cooking, and some Remy VSOP for deglazing the pan ) while visiting her... She fell in LOVE.
    She is perpetually anemic for female reasons... and she tole me it was the most delicious vitamins she ever ate. She was devouring it!
    And DEMANDED the recipe.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I introduced my SIL to your liver pate (with 8oz baby bella mushrooms added, and some Chardonnay cooking, and some Remy VSOP for deglazing the pan ) while visiting her... She fell in LOVE.
    She is perpetually anemic for female reasons... and she tole me it was the most delicious vitamins she ever ate. She was devouring it!
    And DEMANDED the recipe.
    Oh good. I'm glad the recipe is getting spread around. Mushrooms are something else that the OP could use. Lots of nutrient and taste bang for the carb buck. I saute some shrooms in a bunch of fat until they become like a lumpy sauce, then toss what ever meat slab I'm cooking (burger, steak, etc.) in the pan and it soaks up all that shroomy goodness.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    I've never had liver pate before. I'm scared of it. What does it taste like?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Well, I never really liked liver but it was more of a texture issue than a taste one. Pate tastes like liver but without the squidgy texture. You can also add all kinds of flavorings to it such as capers, peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Well... I do suggest that you like the flavor of liver, but I LOVE IT!
    And my SIL obviously loved it.
    She demanded I make a second batch and write the recipe down for her... and was eating huge slabs of it daily.

Ohhh... and if one can get rabbit livers to make it with. *sigh*
    I went cotton tail hunting while in TN and made a wild rabbit pate. *swoon*

Or duck livers... those are good too. Brother was woody hunting training his Chessie.

But chicken livers are mild and a good place to start.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast