Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a question about pee... page

MmmFat is offline Senior Member

I have a question about pee...

Primal Fuel
    Does eating grass-fed meat make pee smell funny?

For the past 2 days, after eating my lunch of grass-fed organic roast beef, in the afternoon, I've noticed that my pee smells funny. I can't tell what it smells like, but it smells. I'm definitely in ketosis, but I have been for most of the time I've been primal - and I haven't smelled anything in my pee before (aside from coffee).

I've been eating organic beef before, but this is my first week with grass-fed. Breakfast is nuts/seeds/coconut and a teensy bit of dried fruit. Lunch is roast beef with some cooked onion. Lately, I've been drinking only water and a coffee here and there.

I'm not worried, just curious. Thanks for any insight

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Maybe the cows were pastured on asparagus.

Interesting question...but I have no answer!
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

lesliek is offline Member
    I really can't imagine it would. But I'm eager to hear if there's evidence to the contrary.

LOL I ask the tough questions!

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member
    Did you say in another post that you were kinda new to PB??? I'm in my 3rd or 4th week and have noticed the same thing when I am under 50g carbs a day. Soooo maybe that's it!!!
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    In another post, I asked if grass-fed beef gave anybody else greenish turds! That's the only difference I noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    In another post, I asked if grass-fed beef gave anybody else greenish turds! That's the only difference I noticed.
    Oh, the wonders of the human body! I've only ever noticed that from blueberries.

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    it could be all the green leafy vegetables you're eating (eat enough and that'll happen). Coincidentally, purple gatorade also has this effect.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by federkeil View Post
    it could be all the green leafy vegetables you're eating (eat enough and that'll happen). Coincidentally, purple gatorade also has this effect.
    Well, I've always eaten tons of broccoli, spinach and cabbage, but I suppose adding the grass-fed beef could be the tipping point.

Jim_H is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Maybe, stop the beef for a few days, shift to chicken or something else, and see. If all else is equal, then the ketones will stil be there, causing an odor.

BTW, it should not be foul smelling, and there should not be any burning or pain with urination, nor changes in frequency. If that is the case, you may have an infection. That is just my PSA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast