Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark, I really could use your help!!!! page

Beana534 is offline Junior Member

Mark, I really could use your help!!!!

Shop Now
    My name is Christina. I was at one of the primal seminars backin April, I think it was April. I didn't follow through, however I did complete a whole 30 at the end of September and have been primal since. I have a big problem with sugar. Since going primal, I really have not had much processed food, except maybe on 2 occasions. I have had some dark chocolate, cocau covered almond, a primal approved dessert and some almond butter. Every time I have one of these things, I want them every night. I end upmeating them every night. It is such a terrible battle in my mind. I had 2 terrible pregnancies ( very much weight was gained) over the past 4 years and literally was addicted to sugar... Cookies, chocolate, etc. Now that I have allowed myself some, I am having the hardest time stopping. Do you have any advice on how often one should indulge in dark chocolate, almond butter, etc? I still have so much body fat I need to take off and I know with the added sugar it will probably not go???

I have another question; I have been eating primal and definitely lost several inches I am sure, but still have body fat everywhere... I have yet to really start working out. What needs to be eliminated and or done to get me where I really want to be? I want to be lean and healthy, not how I am now... No muscle but still lots of fat. Please any advice would help.

Thanks!

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beana534 View Post
    My name is Christina. I was at one of the primal seminars backin April, I think it was April. I didn't follow through, however I did complete a whole 30 at the end of September and have been primal since. I have a big problem with sugar. Since going primal, I really have not had much processed food, except maybe on 2 occasions. I have had some dark chocolate, cocau covered almond, a primal approved dessert and some almond butter. Every time I have one of these things, I want them every night. I end upmeating them every night. It is such a terrible battle in my mind. I had 2 terrible pregnancies ( very much weight was gained) over the past 4 years and literally was addicted to sugar... Cookies, chocolate, etc. Now that I have allowed myself some, I am having the hardest time stopping. Do you have any advice on how often one should indulge in dark chocolate, almond butter, etc? I still have so much body fat I need to take off and I know with the added sugar it will probably not go???

I have another question; I have been eating primal and definitely lost several inches I am sure, but still have body fat everywhere... I have yet to really start working out. What needs to be eliminated and or done to get me where I really want to be? I want to be lean and healthy, not how I am now... No muscle but still lots of fat. Please any advice would help.

Thanks!
    read the book
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Christina. Welcome.

Mark no longer is able to read and respond to all the forum posts. You can send him a message at Contact | Mark's Daily Apple but we can help you here.

>>Since going primal, I really have not had much processed food, except maybe on 2 occasions. I have had some dark chocolate, cocau covered almond, a primal approved dessert and some almond butter. Every time I have one of these things, I want them every night. I end upmeating them every night.

You can have primal dessert every night as long as you are losing fat, which you are.

Primal is not a fast weight loss diet. I know it is hard to be patient but there is no healthy way to lose fat quickly.

Exercise is good. In the long run, yes, you should do it. But food is 80% of primal.

You said 2 terrible pregnancies. I hope they were successful though. See my blog post for parents of young children.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Christina, the same would happen to me, especially in the beginning. So I decided before starting this to have zero, absolutely zero treats until I had lost all the weight I wanted and therefore needed a few added calories to stay the same. No sugar, no chocolate. Nothing that I felt I may have a chance of binging on. After the goal was achieved I brought home some chocolate ice cream made of coconut milk, so very primal, even low sugar. I found myself going back for more......that is when I threw it down the sink quickly to stop that binge cycle. If I find myself wanting sugary carb or binging, I usually realize that I have had too many carbs and not enough fat. A spoon of coconut oil and a drink of water usually curbs that. Good luck.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Silvergirl, it does not necessarily sound like Christina is binging. Sounds like she is just having some primal dessert nightly, and losing fat. If she can do that, then I think she would be setting herself up for failure by never having primal treats.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist2 View Post
    Silvergirl, it does not necessarily sound like Christina is binging. Sounds like she is just having some primal dessert nightly, and losing fat. If she can do that, then I think she would be setting herself up for failure by never having primal treats.
    I probably used the wrong word saying binging. I easily get on the same cycle as her though, wanting some every night. I have found that to escalate. If she is feeling out of control needing it I don't think that is good. I am way more relaxed and happy to have the dessert out of mind... And body
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Thank you!

I figured mark wouldn't be able to reply to everyone. Thank you all so much! I did read and study the book, I think I just always get very nervous when the sugar/ chocolate cravings come every night. I am still eating primal within treats, I didn't know it was ok to have dark chocolate daily. I am loosing, but since the chocalate nights...it has stalled. I will try to be more patient.

My babies are very healthy, thank you! I was the only one who was affected.

I really Appreciate all of your experience!

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Hey there, fellow chocolate addict here.

You say you get "dark chocolate" at night - what does that mean exactly? I find that if I up the percentage - say to 85% or 90% I end up satisfying my chocolate urge with smaller/fewer pieces. I'm now down to a 1-inch square not even every night.

I've also found that melting the chocolate tricks me into thinking I'm eating more when really I'm eating less. A teaspoon of almond butter melted with a small piece of 85% chocolate in a little ramekin looks like a real dessert not a nibble!

SaraSue,
    I am eating about a quarter bar of 70% dark chocalate... I love almond
    Butter, but I find if I have it in the house I eat all of it over a few days time. I will try upping the chocalate to 85%-90%. Did it take you a long time to get the cravings for something sweet under control?

Which part??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast