Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Special K commercials page

Monk is offline Senior Member

Special K commercials

Primal Fuel
    I was sitting, eating my ribs, minding my own business and the commercial comes on. A lady in her car, drinking something. She stops at the intersection, this huge creepy cupcake comes up and offers her a cupcake. She rolls her window up, even though she is in a convertible and drives off. This is a new Special k commercial for their new protien cereal.

I didn't see any bacon in the dish of this other commercial for the same product.
    Special K Commercial 2012 - YouTube this is the one where the little girl goes to the lady's door, to sell her donuts and the lady is eating the new "protien" special K.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    10g if protein oh well at least they are admitting it will help keep you full longer but the CW crowd will just say it is the fibre doing that.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    There's another cereal, (maybe one of the Kashis?) that touts that it has as much protein as two eggs. I looked it up when I first saw it and you have to eat like 230 calories of the cereal to get the same protein as in the 140 calories in two eggs.

Then there's the ad with the farmer riding around on a tractor singing some crap to the tune of 99 bottles of beer on the wall.

Yeah, I take a bit of offense at these. But I very much disliked the cereal manufacturers way before I became primal because even if you believe CW, the sugary crap they market to kids is disgusting.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    It's rather laughable that the Special K commercial implies that a bowl of Chocolate Special K would be a heathier, more satisfying choice over chocolate. There's probably 3 flakes of mockolate in that shit and that ain't satisfactioning me.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    Wow! 10 whole grams of protein?

I bet it's soy based protein too...
    "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Aw, but I'm sure it's low-fat and has a ton of hearthealthywholegrains too. It's good for you.....rolls eyes...
    These commercials get on my nerves. What really makes me snap the tv off is when cereal commercial is followed by one for lipitor..
    But, hey that's how big agra and big pharma make their billions........rant over.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Cheerios has a commercial that makes me cringe too.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    Yes! I cringe every time I see those Cheerios commercials. I like the one where the kid asks his dad if there's a prize inside. Oh yeah, there's a prize inside...Type II diabetes!
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

B2B
    B2B is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Koozie View Post
    Yes! I cringe every time I see those Cheerios commercials. I like the one where the kid asks his dad if there's a prize inside. Oh yeah, there's a prize inside...Type II diabetes!
    Very funny....unfortunately, very true.
    “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

SW (January 2011): 208.5
    LPW (March 23, 2013): 156.0
    CW (July, 4, 2013): 172

Shelly6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Koozie View Post
    OK, sad but true, but that was funny...

The only cereal I sometimes miss is Rice Krispies. I loved them as a kid. I can live without the squares you make with marshmallow, but sometimes a bowl of RK's sounds good.

Then I notice that there's BHA in them, and I figure I'd probably get more nutrition if I ate the cardboard box...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast