Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Special K commercials page 2

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    I'm wondering if the extra protein is gluten...

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    heh, almost as funny as the new reduced fat chocolate's from hersheys. With 30 or so fit looking people dancing around an office...

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldingHank View Post
    heh, almost as funny as the new reduced fat chocolate's from hersheys. With 30 or so fit looking people dancing around an office...
    We DVR the few shows we watch, so I don't normally have to watch commercials... but I did catch this one the other day... and asked my husband rather hotly, "WTF is the point of chocolate with LESS fat?!"

Seriously... WTF?
    Mouth feel... how do you get appropriate mouth feel without good fats in the cacao?

His response... "Honey, it's Hershey's... you aren't going to eat that anyway."

It's true.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    Not that I miss the old days of being fat and sick, but back then I could destroy a box of Life cereal.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Koozie View Post
    Not that I miss the old days of being fat and sick, but back then I could destroy a box of Life cereal.
    Cap'n Crunch, baby.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Monk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    There's another cereal, (maybe one of the Kashis?) that touts that it has as much protein as two eggs. I looked it up when I first saw it and you have to eat like 230 calories of the cereal to get the same protein as in the 140 calories in two eggs.

Then there's the ad with the farmer riding around on a tractor singing some crap to the tune of 99 bottles of beer on the wall.

Yeah, I take a bit of offense at these. But I very much disliked the cereal manufacturers way before I became primal because even if you believe CW, the sugary crap they market to kids is disgusting.
    THe one with the farmer is the mini shredded wheats cereal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly6 View Post
    OK, sad but true, but that was funny...

The only cereal I sometimes miss is Rice Krispies. I loved them as a kid. I can live without the squares you make with marshmallow, but sometimes a bowl of RK's sounds good.

Then I notice that there's BHA in them, and I figure I'd probably get more nutrition if I ate the cardboard box...
    I was watching The Next Iron chef America Redemption, because I love to see what they come up with. I was a little put off when they were given Rice Krispys and Raisin Bran as their must use ingredients. As a kid I loved Raisin Bran and always added more sure.

Quote Originally Posted by WeldingHank View Post
    They might be dancing now, but check back when the sugar wears off.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    There are some commercials up here in Canada that question everything but decide they are going to trust nutrition they can can see...processed grains...sigh.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    THe one with the farmer is the mini shredded wheats cereal.
    Funny, because the only two cereals I used to like were unsugared shredded wheat and plain Special K. With nonfat milk because I didn't like the way whole milk coated my tongue. My how times have changed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast