Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Tindy) page 2

Primal Fuel
    It think its great that you are trying to make improvements although none of those sound like huge issues that need work. It's okay to get off track (that's funny coming from me since I can hardly stay on track) as long as it doesn't derail you for the rest of the day.

I had a mug of chai (I drink a LOT of tea when I'm sick). Lunch was an openfaced sandwich with 2 slices of good cheese and veggies (admittedly, one slice of bread). More chai with a half cup of half&half thrown in. Dinner was an omelet and some grapes, a small amount of hashbrowns, potatoes are hard to give up! followed by waaay too much more chai.

U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    Yeah! so I have been really on track the last couple of days! Sticking to the 80/20 with no bread on sight and feeling really proud of myself!
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

yaaay! lets keep this up.

U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    how have you been doing?

i have to admit that yesterday i didnt really behave, damn ice cream plus hot summer!

however, today i got back on track! feeling a little guilty, i got through today with less than 90g of carbs! will work hard not to lose my 80% for the rest of the week...
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

I dropped off for awhile. But something always,always bring me back to this website. I think it's how much better I feel and eat and think when I'm eating primal. Been back on primal (because) I got the flu and couldn't eat period. As I'm recovering, my stomach feels "broken" as in I'm not hungry at all, no cravings, and just nauseous. I figure it's a good chance to start over.

Even during the two weeks I was eating SAD again, I noticed I was eating atleast one salad a day, eggs most days, and I just kep craving vegetable. THAT IS INSANE. I have never craved carrots in my life!

Today:

Chai with honey (should get agave next time) and half/half (heavy cream next time)
    Half an apple, half a banana
    2 eggs scrambled in a rich amount of butter, topped with half a cup of yummy cheddar cheese.
    3-4 square of 90% lindt chocolate.
    Smoothie for dinner: 6 ounces of spinach i'm guessing, whole milk, a banana, a dallop of greek honey yogurt.

This journal makes me look at what I need to improve, things I can/substitute, it keeps me more honest about how primal I really am and demonstrates to me what I enjoy eating.

New goal is to up fat to 65% of total diet, cut down on the carbs again, and figure out this fat adapted stuff

I've got 20 pounds to shed and keto is the way I've gotta do it.

things I've learned in the last few days:
    -I don't always need breakfast but when I am hungry, a higher fat breakfast is what I need. Usually eggs drenched in butter will do the trick.
    -I drink a lot of tea, I really need to switch to heavy cream to bring my carbs down.

I've lost 5 pounds in the 4-6 days. It's the initial water weight coming off but it is a pleasure stepping on the scale the same time I do every morning before breakfast and seeing it is 151.3, not 156.7 (just last week).

Couldn't be more inspired to do things right today!!! It'll be a challenge will all the food that'll be surrounding me tonight.

Just ate half an avocado, man I could eat this stuff like candy!
    Last edited by tindystwocents; 12-31-2012 at 11:21 AM.

steamed broccoli and carrots, with some cheese for lunch.
    Some really good 70% chocolate I was initially forced to buy because they were out of 90% (that turned out to be amazing, I'd forgotten how sweet it could be, and fruity)

then I was feeling really intense carb cravings so I had a white potato (the least offensive thing I had on hand) that I chopped up, covered in olive oil and spices and then threw in the oven for 20 minutes to bake.

tried making chocolate mousse, epic failure, my sister is trying to salvage it for me.

resisted tonight!! amazing. didn't have much of a craving for anything around me which is unusual and awesome. might have to do with still being on medication for the flu (which I got a week ago), it kills my appetite and makes me nauseous.

I had half an apple and half a banana again.
    and now 1:38 am, I'm having about 12 baby carrots with 2 tablespoons of dressing (6 grams of carbs).

started off with a spinach smoothie: spinach, yogurt, half&half
    2 squares of 70% chocolate
    2 eggs scrambled in a ton of butter, then covered in cheese
    glass (not a cup, a whole glass haha) of vanilla chai with honey (1 tbsp) and half&half

weighted myself this morning and I was back up at 153, I'm wondering if that's due to the potatoes yesterday or just some normal fluctuation, guess we'll find out tomorrow morning where things stand.

Forgot to weight myself this morning.
    Ate a "pancake" (1 egg and one ripe banana mashed and whisked) while my family ate whole wheat banana pancakes with syrup. I had some honey on mine and it was delicious! Glass of iced chai I made by steeping tea, cooling it, adding honey and half&half.
    Went shopping for 6 hours, didnt eat for a total of 7 hours.
    Came home had a spinach feta cheese dried cranberry and avocado salad, 5 baby carrots. Was still hungry two hours later so I had a 2 egg omelette with lots of cheddar cheese, topped with homemade salsa (tomato, red onion, jalepenos, and bits of avocado). Oh I cooked both my pancake and omelette in chunks of butter I also add tons of tumeric to all my eggs because its awesome for ya and that's an easy way for me to consume it daily.

Now bed! Weighted myself after the shopping and was at 149.2 but I hadn't eaten in hours and was probably dehydrated. We will see what I'm at in the morning. I have to stay focused on losing weight but so far I haven't tried at all. It's been effortless but I know more calorie crunching will be involved once I'm fully adapted to eating primal again. My resolution was to just eat till I'm full and not worry yet, just keep my fats up to avoid falling off the wagon again.

Bought new jeans. Size 6 in Seven for all Mankind brand. Here I come size 4!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast