Page 99 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 99

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I feel soooooooo stressed. Just a 2 minute conversation with the builder gets me all riled up. God knows how I'll fare when I actually meet the man tomorrow. Then just to make things even better for me today, my dumb arse brothers, who I asked on Friday to make sure they were around on tuesday to meet with the builder with me, have made other plans. Seriously I could
    SCREAM

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    hmmm well here it is sunday and I'm still "thinking" about an alcohol free day. Today could be the day though.
    hmmm ok no, not an alcohol free day today sorry. I'm hopeless arent I. I've just bought a case of a new (cheap) sauvignon and it is very easy to drink.
    I love reading your journal

I have toasted the zuchini coconut bread. Ok... I've still got a problem with texture/flavour. fireman has been back for a second slice though. I think if I made this bread again, I would add feta cheese and bacon and also some texture, maybe some pumpkin seeds or something. Its not unpleasant, I dont want you to get me wrong, its just not BREAD.
    So where is this recipe??

the fireman and I have been together 3 years on tuesday!!!!

I love him madly, truly, deeply! He is my best mate.
    Congrats!!!
    This is AWESOME!!!!

I feel soooooooo stressed. Just a 2 minute conversation with the builder gets me all riled up. God knows how I'll fare when I actually meet the man tomorrow. Then just to make things even better for me today, my dumb arse brothers, who I asked on Friday to make sure they were around on tuesday to meet with the builder with me, have made other plans. Seriously I could
    SCREAM
    {{{{{hugs}}}}}
    Last edited by winencandy; 05-04-2011 at 06:51 PM. Reason: fixed stuff
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Nothing wrong with a nice case of cheap wine! Not hopeless, of course I must say this as you and I are in the same place on this one...

I think the issue with the coconut flour bread for you is that you are looking for something that is BREAD but isn't. If you keep looking for a substitute that is the same just minus the grains you'll be looking forever, I think. I've used the coconut flour in muffins, and really like it, yes, the texture is different, but after all, it's coconut, not wheat flour. Good luck experimenting, maybe you'll find a recipe that satisfies what you're looking for.

Yay on the 3 years together!! Fantastic that you're rolling along with the truly, madly, deeply love. I should be rekindling more of that...am more in a phase of comfortable familiarity, and the sparks don't happen so often. Need to be working on that.

I don't envy you with the meeting with the builder tomorrow, but you're strong, just tell it like it is. Relax tonight, that's what the sauvignon is for, after all

thanks ladies. sigh. it is just so incredibly frustrating at times. I like to have a nice calm happy life. But yes, I just want the meeting with the builder to be over and have a line in the sand, to know where to next etc. The thermal imaging on the house will be interesting, if that shows up any serious damp patches I'm going to be all over the builder like a rash. regardless of what that shows, damp patches or none, it will be money well spent - peace of mind I suppose - well at least it will be peace of mind if it doesnt show damp spots... if it does... eeek, well I'll face that (and the builder) then.

so yes, tonight... wine to ease my soul.... is 1.20pm too early to start....

I think the fireman and I are still in the truly madly deeply phase cause we dont have kids and major worries, and of course we have a pretty darned good life, even with the whacking great mortgage payment he makes me pay I think for me it is just that we have such similar viewpoints on things, we are very comfortable with one another, we always go to say what the other person is thinking, its almost spooky in that regard. We're both very touchy feely together and yet individually I dont think either of us is particularly touchy feely at all. Maybe thats something to work on GS- more hand holding

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Nope

I think the fireman and I are still in the truly madly deeply phase cause we dont have kids and major worries, and of course we have a pretty darned good life, even with the whacking great mortgage payment he makes me pay I think for me it is just that we have such similar viewpoints on things, we are very comfortable with one another, we always go to say what the other person is thinking, its almost spooky in that regard. We're both very touchy feely together and yet individually I dont think either of us is particularly touchy feely at all. Maybe thats something to work on GS- more hand holding
    This sounds like me and Pete. Although we have kids, we don't have kids together so we get lots of 'grown-up' time. I think that time as a couple apart from being parents (if you have kids) is soooo important to maintaining a healthy romance.

well it has been a big day. up super early to do the 2 and a half hr drive to the beach. met with the builder and a chap from the roofing company. Now to be fair the roofing guy is not from the same company that initially put the roof on, seems they are just not coming to this party at all, but that is a problem for the builder to sort - hence perhaps he's got a new company dealing with all this fallout. anyway it was a good meeting, I was soooo glad to have the fireman with me, cause not only is he quite knowledgeable about stuff, he was able to get on the roof. I was such a wimp and just couldnt - too high and difficult to get on. not only that he got me talking and thinking about our plan of action in the car on the way down. so the upshot is that the roofer is to remove all the nails and screw down the roof (this is what should have happened in the first place - nailing in high sun and wind zones is apparently not best practise). before screwing down they are going to check the flashings under neath where the iron comes into the central guttering. The central guttering problem has been resolved already with a fibreglass coating over the butynol so that at least is something. There are 2 other small gutters that have some butynol problems and they are to repaired.

I also had a man come to do a full thermal imaging of the house, inside and out. That has given me huge peace of mind. There were a couple of areas that were identified as being damp, and they relate to where this butynol hasnt been laid properly and there may have been some water ingress. There was one decidedly wet spot in the ceiling in a bedroom where the latest leak has come from. I will get him back to rescan these areas in about 6 weeks as they should have dried out and show no problems if everything is resolved. also it had been raining HEAVILY in papamoa for the last few days, (everyone agreed it was the heaviest rains in papamoa for years), so knowing that and only this one main area of leakage that clearly hadnt leaked over the weekend was good.

I also had the real estate agent come out. I hadnt met her before. It was good to get her to speak to the builder and roofer as well. I wanted them to be clear about lost sales and the problems our tenants had had (who were supposed to buy the house but backed out because of all the problems) I think she too feels a lot better about the meeting, happy we've got the thermal imaging done, happy to be able to hear from the builder that we dont have a "leaky home" per se (this is a big problem in nz at the moment, changes in the building codes several years ago have created a lot of problems) our house is built with tanalised timber and is on a cavity system. we just have an issue with a leak in the roof that has been hard to identify. Real estate agents are bound under a new code so she has to tell propective buyers about leaks. She can put her hand on heart now and know that we are doing everything possible to resolve this.

so I feel much calmer, happier that resolution is nearly there. We had a discussion as to what if the roof fails again, and I'm pretty clear that we'll have to rip the whole thing off and do a redesign. lets hope it doesnt come to that because there will be a bunfight on costs.

aside from the mcdonalds bacon and egg mcmuffin for breakfast (I only ate the bottom half of the muffin) food has been pretty good today. far too many wines tonight, hence i am wide awake in the middle of the night writing this along with a to-do list for the morning to follow up on the meeting. the fireman and i went to the pub and then out for dinner - i didnt really need the last glass of wine

all in all, a good day. The sun was shining - the weather forecast was for shit weather so we struck it lucky!

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    So despite your worries, it was a pretty positive day after all. Nice. Feeling calmer is a good thing.

I thought of you when I heard today there was a big tornado in Auckland. Aren't you around there??

yes calm is GOOD.

and yes the tornado was in Auckland where I live, but of course I was down at papamoa for the day so missed all the action. Sad that someone died, sounds like the thing was pretty brutal! Mother nature is really being a bit of a bitch.

I was so tired and overwrought last night I ended up crying over my dinner. The fireman put me to bed at 8.15. I was dead to the world by 8.16pm. Feeling MUCH better today! Dont know what got into me. Just life I guess. Funny how it creeps up and slaps you though?

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Never!

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I think that time as a couple apart from being parents (if you have kids) is soooo important to maintaining a healthy romance.
    Yup

well it has been a big day.

so I feel much calmer, happier that resolution is nearly there.

all in all, a good day. The sun was shining - the weather forecast was for shit weather so we struck it lucky!
    Wonderful!

and yes the tornado was in Auckland where I live, but of course I was down at papamoa for the day so missed all the action.
    I'm glad it missed your house and your babies!

I was so tired and overwrought last night I ended up crying over my dinner. The fireman put me to bed at 8.15. I was dead to the world by 8.16pm. Feeling MUCH better today! Dont know what got into me. Just life I guess. Funny how it creeps up and slaps you though?
    {{{hugs}}}
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy