Page 98 of 167 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 98

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel

Went to the pub after work, the fireman was having drinks with his crew after their shift. They do that a few times a year so always good for a catchup with them all. Had a couple of wines and then got a takeaway curry on the way home. Phew it was hot!

I was saying to the fireman this morning that I felt fat, I can see that my stomach looks kind of cellulitey. It's weird that I feel fat at the mo, and yet a few weeks ago I thought I was looking good. I think I am not drinking enough water. I struggle with this though. Hmmm dont know.

Royal wedding tonight. I am totally going to be sitting in front of the tv until late. The fireman will probably go to bed. I dont mind. nothing will stop me.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I suppose I'll have to watch a recap online.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Have fun with the wedding...it will be 4 am here to see it live...I remember as a teenager doing a summer babysitting job watching Charles & Diana's wedding. No doubt this will be much more over the top and the media coverage will bombard everything for weeks to come. I believe the new royal couple are visiting Canada this summer too. I'd say actually watching the event live would deserve a glass of bubbles...

Your evening out sounds like it was quite nice, even if the food wasn't as nice as you would have hoped. Here's hoping the pain in the ass heals quickly.

you know if stress makes you fat, I'm gonna be really fat soon. aaaaggghh another day of dealing with the dumb arse builders. God almighty, they drive me frigging bonkers. I've told them I am going down on Tuesday and to meet me on site, regardless of the weather. If I have to get up on the roof in the pouring rain, I dont bloody care. I am getting a thermal imaging of the house done, inside and out. I am worried that the leaks are in other areas where there is no physical evidence. sigh, really. I really just feel my blood pressure going through the roof. It cant be good for me! Nothing that a glass of wine cant cure!

I have at least been good today... bacon and eggs for breaky, a florentine for morning tea (yeah ok, thats not really "good" but its not bad either, heh heh) chicken salad for lunch and I remembered to tell them to not put the croutons on. I'll try not to eat anythign too rubbishy when I go up for after work drinks tonight. Have to drive home so it will only be 1 drink anyway.

Damn I dont have any bubbly at home to toast the wedding with!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Just tell them straight, as Hawk would: You are making me into bonkers!

haha, I am totally going to use that line!!!

well I stayed up to watch the royal wedding last night and loved every moment of it. she looked stunning. I thought the service was lovely, I just love all the pomp and ceremony that only the Brits know how to do well!

I had a couple of drinks at work with a few nibbles, worst of which was a yorkshire pudding with roast beef. worst as in primal worst, but actually it was good. came home and fireman made a beef stir fry but I wasnt really hungry so didnt eat much. Had some more wine though, hence I am wide awake at 6am. Time for me to think about an alcohol free day.

Plans today are gym, and then starr to vet and then baths for both dogs. It is supposed to be a nice sunny day. Yay.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Thinking about an alcohol free day is almost as good as having one!

Enjoy your sunny day, it's gorgeous here today too, sunny and only 26... hooray!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    I really just feel my blood pressure going through the roof. It cant be good for me!

Nothing that a glass of wine cant cure!

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Just tell them straight, as Hawk would: You are making me into bonkers!
    iLove this!
    haha, I am totally going to use that line!!!

well I stayed up to watch the royal wedding last night and loved every moment of it. she looked stunning. I thought the service was lovely, I just love all the pomp and ceremony that only the Brits know how to do well!
    I watched a "re-run" of it today. I totally forgot about it on Friday...
    Time for me to think about an alcohol free day.
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Thinking about an alcohol free day is almost as good as having one!
    +2734823528562
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

hmmm well here it is sunday and I'm still "thinking" about an alcohol free day. Today could be the day though.

have just made some coconut zuchini bread from sharonll's blog. I'm just not sure about coconut flour to be honest. it is just so dry and has a very unique texture to it. I'll report back on the bread later when I've toasted it. I'm thinking it could have been quite nice to add some feta to it for flavour. It just needs "something" but i dont know what.

me and the fireman have been looking at houses/sections this weekend. some have been flats/units that we could do up and keep as a rental or flick on. One is a brand new house (mortgagee sale) in a really good area, one is a brand new house not far away from us on a site that we contemplated buying and building on ourselves. we did look at a section this weekend that was also in the area but it had a shit of a driveway to a rear site. we are both quite funny about these details, thank goodness we do agree on the same things though. I think we might be at the point of being ready for another project. sections are very expensive and flat ones with easy access are hard to find. a few years ago, before our holiday to phuket we were seriously looking at a section round the corner from us, went to the council and everything. when we got home from our holiday it had sold. we werent crushed about it, I dont think the timing was right for us anyway, but i do think now, in hindsight, had we bought that section and built we could have been looking at a fairly easy $100k profit. Tempting isnt it. anyway, who knows what we might do, as you've probably gathered there's change in the wind, we just dont know quite what that change is.

hmmm ok no, not an alcohol free day today sorry. I'm hopeless arent I. I've just bought a case of a new (cheap) sauvignon and it is very easy to drink.

anyway, I didnt mention before, that I did the gym yesterday. as I was driving there, my whole thought process was i dont want to go, I dont want to go, but I must say, just having a 20 min workout is great!!! was able to up the weights on the arms stuff, I think I am just starting to get a little more mobility on my shoulder... definitely taking it easy though. Ooooh the ab stuff was mean though, thought i'd be feeling it a bit more today but no.... maybe tomorrow. If I had the dosh, I think I would definitely be signing up for this place actually. Its definitely not easy, but I love the personal one on one and no one there at all to distract you and of course the shortness of it.

Good news too is that my rear end seems to be coming right again. Gawd, sorry about the too much information but really if you've had a nasty haemmorroid you know how nice it is when things start to come right and your BM's dont feel like lumps of concrete being slowly ejected from your body. Oh god its stuck, how will i get that out. ewww. again, sorry TMI. I am pleased to say i had a normal (and when I say normal I mean primal normal) BM today. Yay!!! Hahaha, it kind of cracks me up to have this conversation on here. I hope no one i ever know reads this. but by the same token, I understand that we all have our issues and I like having to not deal with them on my own. journalling has been the best thing I have ever found! The fireman would never understand, and I have to say he would probably not want to know the ins and outs of my BM's. *Smile* i guess you dont want to either. oh well........

anyway on to more pleasant subjects... lets talk about wine... oh no, done that already. I have toasted the zuchini coconut bread. Ok... I've still got a problem with texture/flavour. fireman has been back for a second slice though. I think if I made this bread again, I would add feta cheese and bacon and also some texture, maybe some pumpkin seeds or something. Its not unpleasant, I dont want you to get me wrong, its just not BREAD.

having said that, I must confess, this morning the fireman and I went out for breakfast and I had five grain toast with poached eggs and bacon. and yes, it was good. I know bread is bad and all that, and for the most part I really have ditched it. This really fell into the 80/20 rule.

the fireman and I have been together 3 years on tuesday!!!! Unfortunately I have to go to Tauranga to deal with this stupid builder on tuesday, so not exactly a romantic day. he is going to come down with me which is great. i could do with the back up and support. But in some ways, it is good, I mean i wont be at work and we can spend the day together. Yay. I love him madly, truly, deeply! He is my best mate. Had you asked me 3 years and a few days ago if i would find the love of my life, I would have laughed in your face and said, i'm not looking any more. I'm completely happy as i am. EDIT - but now I really know and understand happiness.

anyway, bit of a rave tonight. must be the wine
    Last edited by Suse; 04-30-2011 at 11:34 PM.