Page 97 of 167 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 97

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yesterday I did end up attacking the firemans room, it was SPOTLESS by the time I finished. I vacuumed his wardrobe, seriously that man has got more clothes than I do. WTF. And more shoes! We popped out to do a bit of food shopping and some friends and family stopped by in the afternoon. That seemed like a good excuse for me to open a bottle of bubbly.

My rear end has calmed down considerably thank goodness. Looks like I can stave off a trip to the dr and save some money. Thank goodness.

Bit of a crappy day. Had an email from my brother who seems to be under the illusion that the loan he has with mum is none of my sister and my business. Yeah, I put him straight on that count. We're POA's! Just made me angry though.

Had a chat with real estate agent about the house we are trying to sell (mum's house). Was trying to get an interested party to perhaps move in and rent it and see what they think, in the hope that all the roof leaks are now well and truly fixed. About 10 minutes after getting off phone to agent and emailing her, I got an email from current tenant that roof is still leaking. I mean REALLY! i swear my blood pressure rose about 100 points. I have been trying to calm myself down a bit this afternoon before I talk to the dickhead builder AGAIN about it. This is it though. Enough excuses, they've had a million opportunities to try and fix it, they are all just band aids.. They didnt do the roof correctly in the first place, it should never have been given a code of compliance by the council and it is generally frigging useless and not FIT FOR PURPOSE! GRRRRR. So as far as I am concerned, they can take the whole roof off and start again. this has been going on for nearly 2 years now. I mean for f**ks sake, I had an email from him last week - this is what he said
    "Confirming that all roofing nails were replace with roofing iron screws , and that roofing contractor inspected roof flashings etc , and was in his opinion all in good order ." So we get a wet and wild weekend and yet again it leaks. Is it any wonder that I'm feeling stressed - between this useless idiot and my brother... sigh.

Lookign forward to a glass of wine when I get home. Can you blame me.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    what is it with autumn cleaning here? i'm practically *crazed* with cleaning. as in, *i must clean* and if i don't clean something is going to happen. LOL it's almost funny.

It always feels *so great* to have the draws and closets organized!

I hope you're feeling better, too, btw. With hydration and all. (on rainy yesterday, i stayed in bed until 2 reading scandinavian beach cottage design blogs. . . .WHAT? )

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Your cleaning frenzy has inspired me.

I shall do some today!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

cleaning is so liberating! I love cleaning. I find I tend to clean a lot when I am under a lot of mental stress. its like ok, my mind isnt orderly but I'll damn well make sure everything else is!

Yes still feeling stressed today. Little things start to wear you down eh? Starr did a little scoot on her bum last night and of course that makes the fireman see red. I'll take her to the vet in the weekend and get her anal glands checked and have her wormed. He says this morning can you leave starr outside. I said no. Jeez its not like she's leaving a poo on the carpet. I know it's not the most wonderful thing for her to do but seriously, he needs to get over himself sometimes. Like I'm going to leave her outside while I'm inside, yeah right.

I feel like I just have this huge buildup inside me. I hate it. I was trying to talk to the fireman about stuff last night and the tv was on in the background and was loud and so I said can you turn it off. he turned the volume down. I got all pissed, it was kind of like he wasnt interested in any of my problems. I know thats not entirely fair, but honestly I sit and listen to him moan and whinge about all sorts of stuff. Yeah, its just stress.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I know that feeling Suse and you need to give it some kind of outlet or it will explode out of you and probably at something inappropriate. I find doing something physically exhausting and wearing myself out helps. Go for a run or punch something until you can't anymore. Whatever floats your boat, but good, hard exercise is a really good way to get rid of stress and give you some endorphins which can only help you feel better.
    Drinking also works but only till the next morning.

yes i think you are right Em. Its not good that I want to pick a fight with the fireman. If it wasnt raining I'd go for a good long walk. I think the fireman and I are going out for dinner tonight. We dont usually stay angry with one another for very long so thats good.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Your cleaning frenzy has inspired me.

I shall do some today!
    Yeah...that didn't happen...I discovered a ton of on-line training I had to do to stay a school board employee

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    cleaning is so liberating! I love cleaning. I find I tend to clean a lot when I am under a lot of mental stress. its like ok, my mind isnt orderly but I'll damn well make sure everything else is!
    Um, I don't. I'd really love to love cleaning, but I HATE it!
    However this evening I thought about going for a walk but I chose to stay home and deal with the pile of laundry...that's a start...right?

Yes still feeling stressed today. Little things start to wear you down eh?

I feel like I just have this huge buildup inside me. I hate it.

Yeah, its just stress.
    {{{hug}}}

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I know that feeling Suse and you need to give it some kind of outlet or it will explode out of you and probably at something inappropriate.
    +1

I think the fireman and I are going out for dinner tonight.
    enjoy your evening.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Maybe a lovely dinner and a good stress reducing romp afterwards will help?? Seriously though, I have those days too, where every little thing builds up. I usually need to find some way physical to work it out so I can come to my own realization that some things are better just to let go and not allow to fester. That rarely solves anything. Been there, done that. Not so good.

And I'm with W'n'C on the cleaning thing...I like it once it's done, but have never been nor never will be one of those domestic goddesses or every particularly enjoy cleaning. Maybe not the ideal thing in a houseful of men/menchildren.

Hope tomorrow is better.

Well we did have a nice night out! Went and had a couple of drinks at a bar (I enjoyed a Daniel Le Brun 2001 vintage bubbly if anyone is interested )

Then out for dinner at Vue which is at the top of the Mercure hotel. I'd bought a voucher on grabone or groupy or oneday or some one day deal site ages ago. We shared an entree, which was an agria potato stuffed with mushrooms and cumin gouda cheese. I was a bit disappointed as really it just lacked flavour, if there was cumin in that gouda, it must have been thrown in from mt everest and most of it missed. It wasnt bad, just had no wow factor to it. The fireman had chicken for his main which was absolutely scrumptious! Tastiest chicken I've tasted in a while. I cant remember exactly what they did to it but it was delish!. I had lamb shank with smoked kumara and a ratatouille mix. Hmmm, the smokey kumara mash kind of overwhelmed the lamb from my point of view and the ratatouille was quite fruity. I'm sure it would have been a great mix of flavours for some, but unfortunately not for me. We shared a creme brulee with lavender icecream for dessert which was nice, but not the best I've ever had! So despite some misgivings about the dinner, it was a lovely evening!

My haemmorroids are still playing up a bit.. still quite uncomfortable. If no better by next week, I'll definitely go to the doc. Such a pain in the arse... literally! or is that figuratively!

So if you went back I'm guessing you'll have the chicken?
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy