Page 92 of 164 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 92

Suse is offline Senior Member

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    That sounds awesome. I've never seen cilantro with the roots though. Will it make a major difference if I just use the stems?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I dont know to be honest, I think you definitely get a bit of flavour out of the root, but it is so tiny. Try it with the stems, I'm sure it will be fine... it does have a lovely thai flavour to it, this soup! Enjoy!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Thank you darlin'

And yes, I believe there ARE antioxidants in red wine

Enjoy Brisbane!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Have a great weekend. I'm jealous of all these getaways you've been having lately...

After Brissie, the getaways stop until Vegas in August. Really looking forward to that one! anyway, GS you are having a break next week! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about that! Will you be putting the son in the stocks for the weekend.

Had a florentine for morning tea today... really just because I felt like it. Strangely I kind of wished I hadnt afterwards... what the ***

Took the doggies out to the kennels during my lunch break (slightly extended cause seriously there are a bunch of idiots on the road, why do they all drive so sloooowwwwwlllly - grrrr) so now having a protein shake with coconut cream for my lunch as dont have anything else handy. Added a bit more coconut than I would normally so hopefully I wont have any ill effects

while on the recipe bandwagon, here is the link to that jamie oliver beef and ale stew I made the other week (and it was delicious!)
    beef and ale stew | Beef | Recipes | Jamie Oliver

I note in this link he says you dont need to brown off the meat first (which I did last time, after giving it a light dusting of flour) but he does throw in the tablespoon of flour with it...perhaps you could throw in arrowroot or something??. Now I know the ale part isnt exactly primal, but just how bad can a can of guinness be once its been cooked up in a nice stew.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Tomorrow I am off to Brisbane (australia) for the weekend. I've missed the fireman, will be nice to see him tomorrow. Equally I have enjoyed my own space as well. I think it's a great idea us having these breaks from one another apart from his usual shift patterns.
    I really enjoy that Pete and I keep our own places for the same reason, the break is nice. I don't know if I could ever do the co-habiting/marriage thing again now I've experienced this! I joke with him that we should buy houses next door to each other.

while on the recipe bandwagon, here is the link to that jamie oliver beef and ale stew I made the other week (and it was delicious!)
    beef and ale stew | Beef | Recipes | Jamie Oliver

I note in this link he says you dont need to brown off the meat first (which I did last time, after giving it a light dusting of flour) but he does throw in the tablespoon of flour with it...perhaps you could throw in arrowroot or something??. Now I know the ale part isnt exactly primal, but just how bad can a can of guinness be once its been cooked up in a nice stew.
    Thanks for this link, I love beer and beef stews. Personally I have found potato starch (after all my experiments) to be the best thickener for sauces and stews. Oh and there is nothing bad in Guinness that needs cooking out, the recipe was handed down from heaven.

back from Brisbane. Had a lovely time. Tried to be good and failed Yes, confession, there was some bread. really though, I dont know why I bother, its really not that great!!! wow, that's perhaps a sign that I'm moving on. But anytime I had bread, I pretty much left half of it. eg, day one, I had a macdonalds bacon and egg mcmuffin for breakfast at the airport (cause it was quick and easy)... I took the top half of the muffin off and left it. today at the airport lounge they had hotdogs in big white buns (seriously what sort of food is that for koru club, good grief) I ate only half. Otherwise though I think I was pretty good. I definitely didnt overindulge in alcohol which is good. so this week I will endeavour to get right back on track and make the fireman do so as well as I know he has been eating a lot of bread and he's been complaining about feeling gassy. yeah, no wonder buddy.

did heaps of walking round Brisbane, and on the saturday, we got up and went for a jog/walk which was great. I've had a funny ache in the muscle just below my knee today so decided against running today but had another big walk. managed to have an hour on my own to do some shopping and came away with a new pair of black shoes and a pair of brown boots. Very nice and both on sale. hmmm in that hour I only managed the shoe floor of Myers. oh well, I cant afford anything else anyway, i desperately needed some new foundation which I got at duty free so i'm really pegged out in the financial dept now for a bit, especially once you include having to pay for the dogs at the kennels. ahhh overdraft, how I love you, let me count the ways... oh yeah, NONE! No i didnt win 17 million in lotto, and didnt win anything in the australian lottery either. damn it. back to work tomorrow. sigh.

some random thoughts while I eat my lunch (thai pumpkin soup if anyone is interested)

While in Brisbane, I noticed a lot of the restaurant menus had grain fed beef on the menu as if this was some sort of prize... nope it isnt. And the ridiculous prices being charged for it was pretty bad too!. Aussies must love coming to NZ cause the dollar is so strong. Our meal prices are very reasonable here I think when I compare to the few times I've been over there. Having said that though, was happy with the food we ate!.

I put on a kg and nearly 1% bf in the weekend... all from the bread baby! I mean really, what else could it be - as I said above, I walked everywhere and even went for a run!. Clearly bread just makes me retain water or something, I wont be surprised if I drop all that in a few days if I eat properly. I'm also starting to wonder if it is the cause of these mild little nagging headaches I get sometimes. That or sparkling wine?? I certainly had a killer on the plane coming home (ok so that one wasnt mild) and I had bread with my breakfast and then that stupid hotdog - but also I had a glass of bubbles at the Koru lounge at the airport. I had a mild headache on Saturday too, and I had had a glass of bubbles at lunchtime with a thai beef salad. Hmmm definitely something for me to think about and see if I can narrow that down. It might be bye-bye bubbles!

Might try and head out the door early today, need to wash the dogs when I get home as they are a bit smelly after this stint at the pet hotel. Normally they get a groom but as our flight came in early, I decided to pick them up on the way home rather than get the fireman to make a special trip out today to get them. So I think they may have missed their bath. Me no like stinky dogs

More random thoughts.... my brother has not replied to the email my sister and I wrote to him last week (or week before?) I did find out from my mother that he had been to australia last week though. Oh thats nice isnt it... cant afford to repay the loan you got, or pay your rent on time, but can fly off to Aussie. Hmmmm

that is all.