Page 91 of 169 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 91

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow Suse... look at you!! IFing, working out...! You're becoming my new primal heroine!

Seriously though, what a great start to the week. You're right about the autophagy thing too, you don't need to completely fast to get the benefits, just fast from protein. It's apparently a good idea to do it about once a week at a minimum.

Yay for the lack of afternoon cravings! Are you having more carby lunches in general or was yesterday an exception? Could it be that you're getting enough slow-releasing glucose from the sweet potato that you don't get a crash in the arvo? Who knows, but it's a good thing either way.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i know that i'm a stress/emotional eater, but i try not to foist that on others. but, it seems to me that lollies were common when you were going through the thick of the family stuff, and so on.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Wow Suse... look at you!! IFing, working out...! You're becoming my new primal heroine!
    +99999

Whatever the reasons, go with it!

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post

Seriously though, what a great start to the week. You're right about the autophagy thing too, you don't need to completely fast to get the benefits, just fast from protein. It's apparently a good idea to do it about once a week at a minimum.

Yay for the lack of afternoon cravings! Are you having more carby lunches in general or was yesterday an exception? Could it be that you're getting enough slow-releasing glucose from the sweet potato that you don't get a crash in the arvo? Who knows, but it's a good thing either way.
    Haha, lets not get carried away, a couple of squats and pushups is hardly working out!!!

Yeah its interesting on the no cravings front. Well to be fair on the weekend I dont have cravings, they are only ever work related I find. On monday I ate soooooooo much food I didnt need lollies! Yesterday and today? hmmm seem fine. There could be some merit to zoe's thought that I do it under stress, (which is true at times) but I also do it when I'm bored. Anyway as I've already said, all good that I'm not doing it...

it's awesome. just, identifying can help you keep doing it.

i have to be pretty strict with myself -- am I eating out of boredom? am i eating out of stress? am i eating from emotional issues? if yes, then can i not eat and do something else to abate my boredom? to relieve stress? to feel and utilize my emotions.

well I could have sex but the fireman doesnt come to work with me

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    (I must post my thai pumpkin soup recipe, cause it really is good)
    Yes, please!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    edit: by the way, has anyone noticed I have not mentioned anything about afternoon munchies... yes strangely I have had no mid afternoon cravings this week. honestly there is just no rhyme nor reason to this...
    Weird...hope it lasts

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    +99999
    Yup!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    well i could have sex but the fireman doesnt come to work with me
    lmao!!!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

indeed. i feel the same way.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    good night last night. Had a nice eye fillet steak for dinner with mushrooms and spinach. Roasted some kumara, potato, carrots and beetroot as well... very carby but I enjoyed! I had a small half glass of red wine, I didnt really need or want it per se, I just thought it would be nice to have with my steak, and of course there are all those antioxidants in red wine arent there!? Had a wonderful sleep again. Did a few leg raises and squats when I got up this morning.

Tomorrow I am off to Brisbane (australia) for the weekend. I've missed the fireman, will be nice to see him tomorrow. Equally I have enjoyed my own space as well. I think it's a great idea us having these breaks from one another apart from his usual shift patterns. Will be busy tonight getting all the housework done.... I've been a bit slobby while he's been gone, well not that bad, but I havent made my bed one single day! And the dogs have been roaming and dropping fur everywhere so a good vacuum is definitely in order.

Thai Pumpkin soup recipe to follow for WNC