Page 9 of 168 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 9

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    an earlier than normal post, ie posting the days food diary in the evening rather than the morning......

Todays food log
    B bacon and egg again, glass of oj.
    S promised my man I would take him his lunch at work, so made a curried egg wrap and filled it with leftover chicken and avocado, peppers and spinach. the egg wrap was soooooooooooooooo easy.... 2 eggs whisked with a 1/4 tspn of curry powder, pour into pan and cook lightly, then turn over and another minute on the other side... thin like a wrap. Put a bit of basil and feta spread on it before putting the other stuff in it. Had a small slice of it and it was pretty darn good. I had also bought a "primal" snack bar at my favourite gourmet food shop last night, and had a small bite of that as well. very healthy...I need to buy some more to read the ingred list again, but I checked it out when I bought it and thought, yeah, that sounds and looks good.
    L I had a late lunch. I made a frittata with sweet potato and chorizo and bacon. it was ok, but I have to say it really needs a bit of relish or something to make it a bit tasty. That will be my lunch all this week probably.
    D girlfriend popped over so that I could study her freshly botoxed face (hmmmm, yeah, I'm not keen on putting the poison in my face thanks, but I cant help but be fascinated) so we had a couple of cosmopolitans and we had some snacks, hummus and chicken.

It has been a yuk day weatherwise, just no chance of getting a walk in with the dogs, every time I thought the rain had stopped, it woudl start again. Have had a good look at leo's paw today and it looks a bit septic actually so back to the vet tomorrow. I'm a bit pissed about that actually... my friend's dog had a paw infection recently and they gave him a antibiotic jab first thing and he is fine... I'm going to have some strong words tomorrow, I dont believe that I should have to be spending 2 consultation fees for them to get it right. and I'm still feeling pretty pissed about the blue ointment for a paw ... doh, its not rocket science is it....

On a bright note, I've had a good day just pottering about... housework, re-arranging the furniture, in the kitchen cooking, washing, ironing, etc. like these sorts of days, when its a bit wintry, just feels nice to be home!

B protein shake with coconut milk and milk
    L kumara, bacon and chorizo frittata
    S 2 pieces of toblerone, grrr how can I resist really if people put it out and say help yourself...
    D mince bolognaise, ie no spaghetti. with kumara and potato mash and brocoli. small glass of red wine with dinner. have resisted the chocolates that I know are sitting in the fridge as well as the left over choc mousse that boyfriend made the other day... which is really good I have to say.

was supposed to have my gym assessment today but forgot to take track pants. dumbarse. luckily I was able to swap my physio appt and do that instead and i will have my assessment and plan tomorrow.

oh my god, i have just had the most disgustingly good dinner..... I have had a craving for wedges with sour cream, cheese and bacon and I indulged big time, had a huge plate. Ok i did half and half potatos and kumara (sweet potato for those not familiar with the kiwi vernacular).... awesome... just what I needed but man oh man, I feel absolutely disgusting now. washed down with 2 glasses of sauvignon. so really i have to wonder just how bad was my meal, have i got this disgusting feeling because i really ate too much. I mean, isnt it mostly primal... potatoes not so, but I had way more kumara, and i left the skin on both and everybody knows the nutrients are in the skin !!!! They were baked in olive oil. Bacon, good. Cheese, well not a lot... sour cream... good. food for thought

B scrambled eggs
    L Leftovers from last night, shepherds pie
    S I had hummus and rice crackers (does it help that the rice crackers were organic....anyway gluten free so thats something)
    D As above. hmmmmm

I was supposed to have my gym assessment today... my physio/instructor was sick.... what the... i think the universe doesnt really want me to join the gym. well I went anyway and did 10 minutes super fast on the treadmill, 3 minutes on a bike ( I hate the bike, but i went super fast) and 5 minutes on the rowing machine. Then I did a few leg weights. Pretty slack, but I thought that was enough for a starter. I just cant get excited by the gym, but I will try to change my mindset.

I'm going to bed early. I've had my 2 glasses of wine and I am not having any more. I really want a good nights sleep even though it seems to elude me lately.

I just wanted to add a bit more about last nights dinner. I felt like I had a HUGE stomach when I went to bed. And when I weighed myself last night my body fat had crept up to 23.2% according to the scales. Down again to 22.7 this morning. (I'll never understand those scales, but I suppose at least its something to go on) So stomach is feeling a bit pudgier this morning, that'll teach me!. I think I overloaded on carbs last night and just plain old ATE TOO BLOODY MUCH. It definitely would have tipped me well over the edge of 150gms of carbs per day. Oh well perhaps I'll just view it as a carb refeed day, back to normal today.

And on another subject, the primal bar I talked about earlier, I bought a small box of primal cookies yesterday (at an outrageous price) but I think the ingredients are good...Almonds, dates, organic sulphite free apricots, honey, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, olive oil, sugar, organic coconut, linseeds. Total carbs 8.6g for one cookie of which 7 are sugar. But I dont think thats all that bad when you just feel like a little something with a cuppa tea.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I'm thinking you have a tanita or similar scale that measures BF...they do fluctuate depending on how much water is in your body at the time you weigh. You will likely get different readings if you weigh different times in a given day. For tracking purposes, just use the same time of day as your standard, like first thing in the morning after emptying your bladder. Don't have one of those myself, but that's what I've read. I have one of the accumeasure calipers for measuring BF, from when I was into Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle stuff. Definitely very CW, eat every 3 hours, etc. That ship has sailed for me.

Anyway, good that you are looking at yesterday as done, and just resume again where you left off. And your bars sound not bad, compared to what you could be choosing if you have the desire for something a bit sweet. I nearly bought some "organic dark chocolate covered coconut" tonight I found while son #2 was trying on some clothes...ridiculously expensive, and I didn't want it that bad, so back onto the shelf it went. There's always choices to make, some days end up better than others. On the other hand, as you and I both know, where wine is concerned, that is sometimes another story...

I've actually got Salter scales. but OMG, just had my induction down at the gym and got on their Tanita BF scales and they say I am 30.8% BF. Truth be told that actually sounds more like it, I didnt really believe the Salter ones but thought it was something to help me keep track at least. Anyway, I need to get past that little shock, its not the % really that I am worried about - its how I feel in my skin, how I look and even though I dont want it to be so, what I weigh will be my marker going forward. I think I should aim to stay around the 55-56kg mark but god forbid, I do not want to jump back up to over 60kg again.

I'm sure I've said this before, but I just find that everyday is a learning curve for me on the PB and I think that is a great thing! I spend waay to much time reading peoples journals and stuff on the forums, but its just sooooo interesting. I'm a bit bored, no, unmotivated at work, can you tell - its like my health is my new "thing".

yesterdays food:
    B: scrambled eggs
    S: Primal cookie
    L: Leftover shepherds pie
    D: Scotch fillet wrapped in bacon with a beef jus. brocoli, portobello mushroom and a tiny serving of roasted pumpkin, kumara and carrot . Washed down with far too many wines as my partner and I were having a deep and meaningful about retirement... which is of course years away.

Crap nights sleep, I blame the wine this time, but really it was no different to any other night sleep I've had recently. sound sleep 3 hrs, and then waking and dreaming sleep until it is time to get up. All I can say is thank god I get those first 3 restful hrs or I'd feel completely wrecked.

oh and just had weigh in and am 55.7 kg, up 500 grams from last week. I saw that coming truth be told. I need to ramp up the exercise a bit this week and cut back on the snacking and so much starchy carb. After all it is only 5 weeks until I go to New Caledonia so I need to be bikini ready!

B: Protein shake with coconut milk and full fat milk
    L: Shared a beef salad and a bowl of pumpkin and coconut soup with my man. Ate half the tiny bread roll that came with the soup. I didnt enjoy it.
    S: a handful of lollies in the afternoon. bad. But I shared the small bag with my work colleagues so at least I didnt eat the lot.
    S: Crackers with pesto when I got home
    D: Chicken stir fry with a satay sauce. I know peanuts are not supposed to be the go, but I cant imagine a satay sauce with say almond butter (I use peanut butter in my recipe) Anyway it was yum, absolutely chocka with vege, leeks, carrot, capsicum, mushroom, brocoli etc. Couple of glasses of Reisling.
    Went for a walk down at the waterfront after dinner with the dogs. Ooooh, cold outside but it was a beautiful evening, the city lights were twinkling and it was romantic (aw shucks). I really should suggest to my partner that we go for a walk after dinner more often.

Slept until about 3am last night, so probably a good sound 4-5 hrs before my first wakeup. Then the usual tossing and turning until time to get up. Getting a bit sick of that.

We have a quiz night at work tonight, so no doubt will get on the turps - its always a fun night. But must try to be good as I am going to a wedding tomorrow (more boozing!) and dont want a hangover. No doubt will eat some rubbish as well tonight, although I do know they are doing itsy bitsy bite size fillet mignons so will stock up on those big time and try to avoid the crap like pizza.

Been reading on the forums about fish oil and realise that I probably need to up my intake quite dramatically. Will start that tomorrow.

Off to the gym at lunchtime today.
    Last edited by Suse; 06-17-2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: spelling

SRMnM is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Suse, 3000mg is a fair amount. Good luck at the gym!

Page 9 of 168 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast