Page 61 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 61

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    mog, the gluten free breadcrumbs are just what I made up with a leftover loaf of gluten free bread. I dried it in the oven and then put them through the food processor.

GS, yes I will have to try the garlic cloves... clearly the cayenne didnt work.. mind you it had probably washed off in all that rain.

Zoe, gluten free anything is just so outrageously expensive isnt it... I dont really know why.

Had a huge chicken, bacon and cheese salad for lunch. Had a bit of the "oooh I feel like something sweet" afterwards but I managed to get through it ok. Not sure what I'll do for dinner tonight, maybe nothing. Fireman is at work so I have a "free night".

Just got my order from iherb today, I only ordered on Thursday and here it is monday already! Very good - although I do pay for the speedy delivery rather than post. Got the NOW fish oils with higher DHA and I got some vitamin A serum for my face, and a crystal deodorant stick to try out, and I got either free or trial price, a bottle of Healthy Origin Probiotics (just 7 tabs) with several different strains of probiotics in them. Will try them out as these ones dont need refrigerating which is good. I normally buy the Natures Way Primadopholis Reuteri from the health food shop, and I was going to buy them iherb but thought oh no, the price is more or less the same, wont bother, but realised later what I thought was the same price was for 90 capsules, whereas I normally buy 30 caps at the health food store. So next time I'll get them from iherb. Will be interested to try the crystal deodorant. Seriously I get stinky by end of day, deodorant or no, so interested to see if there is a difference.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I've been using the crystal deodorant for a few months (found a sample sized one in a health food store). Most of the time all is good, no odour, but sometimes a bit damp, after all, it's not an antiperspirant. Granted, this has been through the fall and winter, not summer like you. Lately though, I've noticed a bit more odour at the end of some days, not enough to be problematic, but I'm being wary. Overall, not having the aluminum is a good thing, as most commercial deodorants/antiperspirants have it and it is linked to breast cancer. Hopefully it works for you.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I love iHerb. I buy everything from there now. Even with the postage, it is way cheaper to buy from them. I bought my CLA from them for $20 for 90 caps including postage, my local health food store wanted $50 for 30!!! I have yet to find anything that I can buy cheaper here at home. It's a shame cos I'd rather shop local, but the inflated prices here are just bloody ridiculous!

Well dinner wasnt really dinner. I had a beer when i got home cause the sun was shining I ate some potato chips and I had 3 rice crackers with hummus. Then I decided to have a mini icecream, and last but not least I had a small slice of the lemon cake I baked. Bit of carb/sugar overload I expect.

Scales have been the same last 2 days, just under the 22%bf.

Slept like a log.

big healthy salad for lunch again today (although I confess it had crispy noodles on it and they were too hard to pick out) However I did have a piece of my lemon sourcream cake for morning tea today, and even if I do say so myself... damn its good. Shame about the sugar and flour but oh well.

Fireman at work again tonight, I might *try* to cook dinner if he hasnt prepared something for me... I get so lazy when he is at work. Mind you after the size of the salad at lunchtime, I barely need dinner. However I think he might be organising something for dinner tonight, last night I had leftovers for him to take, and tonight there is nothing so no doubt he'll do something... I cunningly mentioned a thai green curry this morning.. trying to implant the idea in his head. I dont mind making some cauliflower rice when I get home Must not have a beer when I get home... if I have anything it will be a vodka with water and lemon juice. No wine I hear you thinking... no I havent got any white wine in the house (actually not strictly true, there is some really "good" white in the beer fridge but I would feel guilty drinking it without the fireman. Plenty of red, but I'm not really a red wine drinker, the fireman is. Must get on to blackmarket.co.nz and get some more cheap but perfectly quaffable wine.

no beer when I got home. good. 2 vodkas with water and lemon juice... not exactly good but better than having tonic in my drink.

Took the dogs for a walk. they were a right pain in the arse... leo saw another dog walking down the street and decided he needed to bark manically at it. jeez, embarrassing. more spinach eating going on... still dont know who is doing it. have given up on growing spinach in pot by front door.

my subliminal suggestions (ok not really subliminal) re thai green curry worked. made some cauli rice to go with it... yum.

The fireman was on night shift so I caught up on some programmes I had taped. the final of survivor, which i fast tracked through quite a bit cause I had actually gone on line to see who won. Oh my but jeff probst looked hot... love that dimple of his... and I was pleased fabio won. I am totally not sure about the next series and this redemption island thing... sounds dumb but will see when the next series comes on. Also watched an episode of the Dog Whisperer, Cesar is amazing with dogs. I wish he could come and sort my two out.... not that my two are that bad, certainly compared to some of my friends dogs, mine are angels.

Today I used my crystal deodorant... I can safely say no smell. I might well be swayed. will see how I go rest of week. also back into the fish oil tabs which I havent had since mid december probably. and seeing as I am not seeing much sun this week and the weekend looks set to rain, took my D3.

have just returned from 1st session with new therapist... oh my lordy lord... did he find some triggers. I cant believe that points in my thumb and forearm are connected to my shoulder but yes they are, at one stage I felt the pain totally move up my arm... I swear I wanted to punch his lights out. I am a little masochistic though and it was kind of a weirdly pleasurable pain..... well at least it was bloody nice when he stopped Certainly there was a hell of a lot more movement without wincing pain by the end of the session. He also put me on this Bodywall thingy... its kind of like velcro, your body basically does the stretching rather than a physio manipulating you into it.. (he did a bit of that too though) kind of weird but I can see the benefits - it would totally be a workout and a half. You put on special shoes and gloves and sort of hang on the wall, they've got things that can attach to the wall and you can stand on them and it holds your weight... its not velcro, but like it. I'm not explaining it very well at all unfortunately.

Now having leftover thai green curry on cauli rice for lunch. Yum.... always good 2nd day round.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Wow, velcro therapy. Sounds like those things at the show where you put on a velcro suit and get launched at the wall

Do you feel like spider man now!

haha, yeah a little. And yes it totally did remind me of that thing at a show where you launch yourself at a wall, although I havent seen that for years and years.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    that's awesome. i'm glad there's some work happening.

i had some work done by our sports massage therapist __ who is amazing __ and man it *hurt*. we zeroed in on layers of tension stemming from scar tissue under my left shoulder, which affects my rotator cuff, and well, all the way down. another therapist at my office was checking out the fascia in my fingers, and THAT was amazing too, because you could feel the work reverbing from fingers to shoulder. with the first guy, it would go from shoulder to finger. *it was awesome*

i hope it's working out for you.

(26.5! -- just to motivate you. LOL )