Page 59 of 168 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 59

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oven might have been around 400F, as long as it takes to get the bacon crispy, I wrapped them snug and secured with toothpicks. Maybe 15-20 min? Might have been less, you'll have to watch them. Dates didn't get oozy, just amazingly delicious.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    hmmm not big on dates, but I wont rule them out.

2 vodka tonics last night, weak ones. Not the vodka that is the problem, its the tonic really. I should get some sparkling mineral water for when I decide to have a vodka, would be a much better idea.

Dinner was a chicken and leek pie that the fireman made after watching Jamie Oliver. Very nice. A pastry top but that was the only bit of pastry. With baby carrots out of our garden, and some brocoli. I had 2 squares of 80% choc after dinner. Quiet night watching a bit of tv, probably should have gone for a walk really but honestly sometimes I just feel lazy.

I am giving some thought to a whole7 ... lets get real, a whole 30 seems totally unmanageable.... 30 days no booze, its the middle of summer here and hot sunny days go well with bbqs and beer and wine. but surely I can do 7.

BeagleMan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    I am giving some thought to a whole7 ... lets get real, a whole 30 seems totally unmanageable.... 30 days no booze, its the middle of summer here and hot sunny days go well with bbqs and beer and wine. but surely I can do 7.
    It would be next to impossible to give up booze over the summer. Thankfully, all mine is frozen up here in the tundra.

I camp a lot in our summer....and that means beer. I also play ball. That usually means beer (although I was not too bad at reducing that part last summer). Then you have the after work at an ourside patio get togethers with friends...and that means beer or gin.

If you could go 7 days, I would worship you....heh heh.

hmmm I've always wanted to be worshipped I'll give it some serious consideration... might have to start next week though,, I'm off to a wedding on Saturday night and I always think its a crime not to partake of what is on offer. oh oh, then I have a birthday gathering to go to next thursday. perhaps I'll start after that.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    seriously, i totally do not get it. (not a criticism, btw!) i don't really get the whole alcohol thing. i don't drink at all, and never have. i just cannot develop a taste for it. i cook with wine, with beer occasionally, but otherwise, nada. i can't stand the stuff. LOL so, for me, i go "Whole every day of my life" without it.

so, i'm not sure what the allure is. kwim? yeah, i just don't get it. LOL i know, i'm weird.

but i could see how it's tougher in the summer.

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    hmmm i've always wanted to be worshipped

perhaps i'll start after that.
    lol

I will worship you too if you can do it Suse...

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure you can manage 7 days Suse. I did that for the first time last year, I had gotten into the nasty habit of drinking wine nearly every night, no more than a glass or two, but I was worried it was becoming a habit and I have something of an addictive personality.

I found it really hard the first week, but once I'd done it, it was easy to go back to just drinking once a week. Now I'm 19 days into my Whole 30 and while I'm looking forward to having a drink when it's all over, I'm really not missing it.

It's just like any other habit (grains, sugar, etc), it's hard to break at first, but once you've done it you get the control back over your life instead of the other way around. Definitely worth it

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    seriously, i totally do not get it. (not a criticism, btw!) i don't really get the whole alcohol thing. i don't drink at all, and never have. i just cannot develop a taste for it. i cook with wine, with beer occasionally, but otherwise, nada. i can't stand the stuff. LOL so, for me, i go "Whole every day of my life" without it.

so, i'm not sure what the allure is. kwim? yeah, i just don't get it. LOL i know, i'm weird.

but i could see how it's tougher in the summer.
    ahh zoe, you are lucky not to hear that alluring call of a cold glass of beer or sauvignon blanc. There is just something intensely pleasurable about it. I imagine though its something to do with the sugar...

And yeah, you're weird

Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    lol

I will worship you too if you can do it Suse...
    I feel a challenge coming on....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I'm sure you can manage 7 days Suse. I did that for the first time last year, I had gotten into the nasty habit of drinking wine nearly every night, no more than a glass or two, but I was worried it was becoming a habit and I have something of an addictive personality.

I found it really hard the first week, but once I'd done it, it was easy to go back to just drinking once a week. Now I'm 19 days into my Whole 30 and while I'm looking forward to having a drink when it's all over, I'm really not missing it.

It's just like any other habit (grains, sugar, etc), it's hard to break at first, but once you've done it you get the control back over your life instead of the other way around. Definitely worth it
    I am absolutely sure you are 100% right about all of this. However, I just have to be in the right space to make the change.