Page 53 of 169 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 53

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    The fireman has an ear/sinus infection so he is feeling miserable. when men get sick eh? end of the world
    So true! Though mine has concluded that being married to a nurse when sick is not necessarily in his best interest...he feels that in order to get the desired level of tender care and doting from me when he is sick he would need to have a limb missing or something...to some extent he is entirely correct...but I do make sure he's taken care of.

Lucky you to be still on vacation. Do you go back to work on Monday? Ah well. Life gets in the way of living sometimes.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    So true! Though mine has concluded that being married to a nurse when sick is not necessarily in his best interest...he feels that in order to get the desired level of tender care and doting from me when he is sick he would need to have a limb missing or something...to some extent he is entirely correct...but I do make sure he's taken care of.
    LOL, my BF is the same, he daren't whine as he gets.... "you think you're in pain, I had this patient yesterday...."

Suse is offline Senior Member
    haha. well I guess the fireman doesnt know how lucky he is having me to look after him then. Although, lucky for me I went out for most of the afternoon so I didnt have to cope with the moping sad face all day. I was supposed to have some friends come to me for lunch but I rearranged it so that i took the food to their place instead. boy oh boy was it hot yesterday. I think I could only manage about 5 mins in the sun, it was just sweltering and very little breeze.

food pretty good yesterday but a few wines - made for a sleepy afternoon when i got home.
    B bacon and scrambled egg with cream
    L steak, green salad, capsicums stuffed with tomato, feta and chorizo, beetroot and cabbage salad? which my friend had done, very nice, cant remember everything in it but really colourful
    skipped dinner but made the fireman an omelette for his. Had a couple of small wines while watching tv in the evening, mostly all the cooking shows we've taped recently. there is NOTHING on tv. Had a cup of milo in the evening with a dash of baileys in it, just felt like a milo, sick of tea. 2 biscotti

weight seems to be stuck on 54.2kg and 22.3 bf. annoying. not the weight, thats fine, but the bf. I like it below 22. have been feeling a bit bloated last few days but my period started yesterday so that could be why. But boy, the fireman is seriously bloated. must make sure he takes probiotics every day while on these antibiotics.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    how are you testing the BF%? i wouldn't have guessed you at 22.3, personally. i would have put you at about 20 or so. you and i look similar i would say. hmm. of course, i don't have any pictures in a bikini because i do not own one (yet), but i'm not sure if i will because it's too damn cold to beach/swim here in wellington. seriously, i'm wearing a sweater right now. and it's "high noon" (1:00 pm) and such. what gives, huh?

anyway, yeah. also, how tall are ya?

maybe more lifting heavy things? was there a post about that somewhere in here?
    Last edited by zoebird; 01-08-2011 at 05:06 PM.

yeah the bf isnt correct thats for sure, its measured on the bioimpedance scales which are notoriously inaccurate but it does give me a baseline. When I started eating more primally (note I dont call myself primal, I'm far too much of a cheat for that!!) the scales used to say 25%bf. I'm 5'3". Yes I should be trying to some heavy lifting but the shoulder has created a real problem. Yesterday fireman and I got some pavers to finish a path in the garden, well I struggled to lift one - in the past it would be heavy and I'd groan, but wasnt a problem. but I could barely get one paver out of the car boot yesterday. I really had to get him to move them all. I shovelled and moved river pebbles instead go go around the pavers.

food wise, not so good yesterday
    B went to the french markets and had half a ham and cheese croissant and half a pain au chocolate. Neither were particularly good, so that isnt likely to be repeated
    L While at the market we bought some really nice gluten free bread that actually tasted and looked and felt like bread! Had a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch
    S had some potato chips with half a beer. Then hit the cocktails. Gin, cointreau, juice of 2 lemons and a dash of lime cordial to take the edge off the bitterness of the lemon. I liked it, fireman didnt. he made the next one with fresh lime and tonic.
    D steak, leftover stuffed peppers, bbqed vege on the grill (zuchini out of my friends garden, kumara thinly sliced, fennel) and some steamed brocoli (we got this giant head of brocoli at the market for $1.50-it will keep us going for a week I swear!)

after writing yesterdays post I got up and showered and jumped on the scale to find that weight and bf had increased. felt really pissed off about that, i mean, hell, I hadnt even had dinner night before!!! all the booze I had last night I'm not expecting a change today. I have been sleeping really well the last few days though.

yeah, so, you are small naturally (short), and i knew there was something to the no lifting thing. i'm wondering if a lot of squats will help?

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    Suse you look great in those photos. Big difference.

OK, so to rub salt in the wound I then see your kgs and %BF. Hmph. I have to decide whether you are inspiration or whether I just hate you because I am jealous...hmmmm. OK< inspiration for now!! but can't promise anything!

eh, hatred and jealousy can also be great motivators, mog.

thanks mog. I certainly dont feel very inspirational at the moment. wide awake, 5am! grrr. You know what the difference is with my sleeping... its the bloody wine. my favourite tipple. I havent slept well at all. I thought having water with my wine would help but nah, seems not to. grrr. I dont want to start drinking spirits regularly, I really like my wine. But I really like my sleep too. what to do, what to do. I'm visiting a friend tonight who has been on an overseas jaunt for 2 mths, so I know I'll be drinking wine again tonight. I know, I know, I could choose not to, but having a wine with a friend is just so convivial!

shovelled another load of river pebbles yesterday. feeling it in my arse at the moment, the last 2 days of gardening has involved lots of squatting so yes butt, quads, hams are saying "owwwwwwww".

food
    B Omelette with leftovers from previous nights dinner
    L gluten free sandwich, (uggh a little uninspiring 2nd day, thats the trouble with gluten free bread) half a glass of beer
    S corn chips and salsa with bubbles
    D BBQ. steak, sausages, salad. followed up with an icecream on a stick - a small one. more bubbles and a glass of red wine.

am trying to convince fireman that we need a big tilting umbrella for our deck. we get sun all day on it, and are the last house on our street to get it in the evening as well as we are just slightly elevated. I would like to use the deck more in the evening but the way the sun goes down it is just too hot and the sun sort of comes straight under a normal umbrella. If we got a tilt one obviously we could move it so the sun stays out of our eyes. The big tilt ones come with a reasonably hefty price tag so he's not so keen being the frugal one, but I look at it as a great investment, like getting an outside room for the summer. will do more research today.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    I certainly dont feel very inspirational at the moment. wide awake, 5am! grrr. You know what the difference is with my sleeping... its the bloody wine. my favourite tipple. I havent slept well at all. I thought having water with my wine would help but nah, seems not to. grrr. I dont want to start drinking spirits regularly, I really like my wine. But I really like my sleep too. what to do, what to do. I'm visiting a friend tonight who has been on an overseas jaunt for 2 mths, so I know I'll be drinking wine again tonight. I know, I know, I could choose not to, but having a wine with a friend is just so convivial!
    No sleep sucks.

Are you sure its the wine Maybe its something else...

shovelled another load of river pebbles yesterday. feeling it in my arse at the moment, the last 2 days of gardening has involved lots of squatting so yes butt, quads, hams are saying "owwwwwwww".
    Yes! Suse exercised!!!

am trying to convince fireman that we need a big tilting umbrella for our deck. we get sun all day on it, and are the last house on our street to get it in the evening as well as we are just slightly elevated. I would like to use the deck more in the evening but the way the sun goes down it is just too hot and the sun sort of comes straight under a normal umbrella. If we got a tilt one obviously we could move it so the sun stays out of our eyes. The big tilt ones come with a reasonably hefty price tag so he's not so keen being the frugal one, but I look at it as a great investment, like getting an outside room for the summer. will do more research today.
    Oh, you absolutely need a large tilting umbrella!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy