Page 48 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 48

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    thanks everyone for the support?? !! yay its friday, ok its just after 5.30am and i am awake but i have slept, for the most part, soundly and deeply. I feel refreshed and best of all I do not feel hungover. Oh yeah baby! Imagine what i'll be able to achieve today.

when i got home last night I decided to have a bath. I put some aromatherapy oils in (juniper, cypress and geranium, as they are supposedly good detoxy type ones). lovely. then I decided to get mean and scrubbed off all my dead skin. Now I have found that truly the best way of doing this is to use your fingernails. so you could say I had a good scratch all over... incl my face (which felt pretty grimy yesterday cause I had had my head in my hands for a lot of the day). anyway ugggh, the bath was full of dead skin by the time i finished but my skin feels lovely and soft today. I also decided to paint my toenails last night and they look pretty! I drank water with lemon juice and I had a really small dinner of pasta (bad, but the day had been crap so decided to finish it off). I watched two episodes of survivor that i had taped (jeff probst, so cute) I did a few stomach ab type exercises, played with my dogs and got to bed quite late considering i was so tired, I think it was about 9.30 when I got into bed. I did a suduko and then lights out and I would say 30 seconds later I was dead to the world. nice.

I finally remembered that thing I was going to mention in my journal the other day. the fireman and I had a go at oil pulling the other night... no get your mind out of the gutter if you havent heard about it. anyway its difficult, I have no idea how anyone could be expected to do it for 20mins. i think we both lasted about a minute. I tried again last night and maybe lasted 2 or 3 ( I used macadamia oil last night rather than olive and it was much more pleasant in my mouth)

Tonight the fireman and I have a christmas do to go to. I have offered to be the designated driver as it seems highly unlikely that I will drink. (if I do, it will be strictly one glass of wine and only when my dinner is in front of me) The restaurant we are going to is in the top 5 in auckland, the food is divine. You have to book months ahead to get in. This christmas booking for 8 of us was booked 2 months ago, we are doing tonight because saturday night was full! I am really looking forward to going, I would have looked forward to sensibly indulging in some champagne and really nice wines too, but because i have already been a drunken fool this week it aint gonna happen

tomorrow I have my second session on my massage bed thingy. I am looking forward to that! even if it does make me feel yukky again next day. This is going to be a detox week before fiji!

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear you're back among the living

Oil pulling, hmmm. You'll have to let us know if you get any results from that, I see it come up on the forum once in a while, not sure I've seen any post where anyone has stuck with it for long. Doesn't sound very pleasant, though.

Have fun at the christmas thing. I have 3 such things to go to this weekend. Only 2 of which will include adult beverages, the other is a massive potluck at work tomorrow, and there will be wine, beer and "moose milk", but I never have any as I still have to drive myself home later.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    thanks everyone for the support?? !!

Tonight the fireman and I have a christmas do to go to. I have offered to be the designated driver as it seems highly unlikely that I will drink. (if I do, it will be strictly one glass of wine and only when my dinner is in front of me)

...I would have looked forward to sensibly indulging in some champagne and really nice wines too, but because i have already been a drunken fool this week it aint gonna happen
    Look at that! Suse 'might' have a glass of wine tonight

Told ya!!

Have fun
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Look at that! Suse 'might' have a glass of wine tonight

Told ya!!

Have fun
    High five!! Enjoy Suse...

haha, ok I confess, I did have a glass of wine with my dinner. I had a quail breast with a sort of mushroom wonton on the side for a starter, and then i had twice cooked crispy skin duck with kumara mash and an orange jus and bok choy. Yum, really awesome and looked beautiful, should have taken a photo. I did have the bread roll that was served as well, it was sourdough, thats kind of how I let that one get past me.

I've had my massage thing today, owww, it hit a few tender spots I have to say, feeling a little bit battered around the shoulders. a definite headache so need to drink more water and stay off the booze tonight. we're out at friends for dinner so no doubt I'll have a glass of wine with dinner. see how I feel, certainly dont feel like one right now.

rightio... this will be quick, I am now on the countdown to christmas and work this week is gonna be ugly so I'm not reading anyone's journals unless I am at home in the evening.

well I spent sunday with a UTI. Absolutely miserable. frigging hell... thank god for antibiotics as am feeling much better this morning. My bank balance looks decidedly sad though, emergency doc visits and antibiotics are not cheap!

Food a mixture of good and not so good the last couple of days. clearly had no wine yesterday

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Urgh, UTIs are hell. Don't forget to get some probiotics into you after the AB course is finished.
    Hugs xox

thanks em. am taking probiotics in middle of antibiotics... ie one antibiotic in morning and night, one probiotic during day, will up probiotics to 2 per day when week is up.

4,30 in morning, wide awake! how bloody annoying. I blame the wine yes I know I said i'd never drink again but that was before someone put a really lovely glass of wine in front of me at dinner.... and I did have a long and busy day at work.

I ate far too many peppermnts yesterday, sugar sugar sugar. evil evil evil. today I will try to be good.

BeagleMan is offline Senior Member
    Way to go and wreck my image of how women have baths. I thought it was always a big bubble bath with candles and stuff. Now you tell me you all float around in mess of dead skin??? Good god!!! heh heh

5am - still wide awake. i would say it is likely that at 6am i will want to go back to sleep. It will take about 20mins probably to fall asleep and then 10 minutes later my alarm will go off.

I was thinking about this damned UTI. Notice that I came down with something the day after my massage thingy. although you would think it would get toxins out not make them invade my urinary tract. I cant even blame lots of sex (last time I had a UTI it was definitely honeymooners disease ) Perhaps I had a real low grade thing there to begin with (certainly my urine is strong smelling and sometimes a bit cloudy which can be a sign) and the massage just brought all the bugs right out in the open!!! hmmm interesting.

anyway, i will not be back on the massage table until january so will be interesting to see if there is anything else lurking.

just had a nice catch up on everyone's journals. may as well achieve something while i'm awake. oooh facebook here I come.