Page 38 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 38

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ok, where to start. funeral food... was exactly as I stated above and I had a bit of everything.doh. The funeral itself was very nice, I didnt even cry, it was a happy funeral, much like my auntie sybil. Nice. Polished off a half bottle of wine with my brother for dinner (thai takeaways, but I only had about a tablespoon of rice). Got to bed reasonably early. Left for the drive home on sunday morning earlier than I planned which was good. The weather was awful, I got soaked just getting into the car! stopped at macdonalds on the way home for breakfast, a bacon and egg mcmuffin. bad I know but I was hungry and it was really good. Popped out for lunch with the fireman, had a bubble and squeak dish at a local cafe, potatos with bacon, peas, gruyere cheese, caramelised onions, with a poached egg on top. very tasty and i washed it down with a chocolate frappe. Popped round to my friend's place for a drink tonight before she takes off to frrance and spain for 6 weeks. a few wines and some pork and ginger dumpling thingys. so no doubt my bowels will be berating me in the morning with all the crap I've had today... I must remember to take a probiotic before bed.

so yes, I'm feeling soft round the middle, I've definitely put some weight on and it is showing. i wish I could just say no but sometimes it is just difficult. I dont know how people just think they will IF when there isnt anything available.... my stomach growls something terrible sometimes. I started to read "potatoes not Prozac" last night and will be going to bed soon to carry on reading. I really need to deal with my sugar sensitivity problems. There are days when I feel that my body/mind is controlling me and not the other way round. that isnt good.

Other than all that, all is good in my world. The fireman missed me for the whole day I was away and me him (aw shucks but we havent seen that much of each other for the last week) and we curled up and had a little nana nap this afternoon before he started work. I really like sunday afternoons when we do that, complete relaxation and we both just zzzzz out. He's a hard one to get to relax, he's always needing to be doing something, so I treasure those little moments when I can get him to chill.

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Awww! That sounds so sweet and relaxing! It's the little things, huh?
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

well I've tried to be good today.
    B bacon and fried egg
    L chicken and vege soup (it had a lot of corn in it and was very salty, didnt really enjoy it), I also ate a bit of my firemans cajun chicken salad and I had a small piece of crunchy garlic bread (you know thats my weakness)
    D I really didnt feel like cooking dinner but i made a salad with cos out of the garden, some yellow peppers and avocado, and i made a mushroom and cheese omelette on the side. I had some rice crackers and hummus to start, and i had 2 cosmopolitans.... is it any wonder I'm getting soft.

mind you, I did do some squats this morning, and i've been pretty good about doing my shoulder exercises. nothing else to report really.

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    You can be good today!

Morning!
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

morning jrh. yes i plan to be good today!

I had a fantastic sleep last night, woke up to hear the birds chirping at 5.30am, so put my earplugs in and went back to sleep till 6.30 when I bounced out of bed. I did some squats and lunges and some pushups against the sofa so as to not hurt my shoulder. So thats a really good start to the day! And I had scrambled eggs with lots of cream and a bit of cheese in them so feeling good. If the sugar monster comes my way today he's gonna be told to f*** off.

i just went to the chiropracter and I looked at the jellybeans on the counter and said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

i'm going to have a read back through my journal and see if I can figure out why some days are worse than others.
    EDIT: just read the last 10 or so pages, and can see no rhymne nor reason to why I eat sugar when I do. Just appears that I have no willpower
    Last edited by Suse; 11-22-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Good job on avoiding the jelly beans. Were you mentally telling them to go F*** themselves?? Might be more socially appropriate than verbalizing...

Are you more likely to give in to the sugar monster when you're bored (like lollies at work)? Do a few squats instead or run up and down some stairs or something. Or try upping the fats with meals so you're more full to help you be less tempted? Just thinking out loud, but some things to consider if you haven't tried them yet.

Nice that the funeral was a 'happier' event, which sounds like a lovely and appropriate farewell for your aunt. Too bad about the sucky food.

Haha, yep I was mentally telling them to F*** off, otherwise the receptionist might have thought I was very rude! but the monster was not around today really, it was easy to just shrug the jelly beans off, I didnt really want any.

somehow I dont think squats are gonna cut it when the sugar monster says give me sugar... you know sometimes I just eat stuff cause its there (ie, someone else has bought it and put it out to share) , and sometimes I just eat stuff that I literally have to go and buy from the vending machine myself. Somedays I might have had a huge lunch and yet want lollies. It's always been a weakness, and it has something to do with being at work. so thats it really... give up work LOL. I have to admit I had a fleeting ooooh I feel like something after lunch (which was plenty big enough) but it passed by in an instant really. I'm reading the book on sugar sensitivity when I get to bed now, so perhaps as I get through it, it will start to make some sense. This radiant recovery programme talked about in the book also deals with alcholism and while I dont think I'm an alcoholic (eeek) I sure do like my wine and cosmopolitans. Booze, sugar... all part of the same problem I expect.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Well done passing on the sweet stuff, one step at a time yeah? Tell those jellybeans I said to F@#$ off too

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    morning jrh. yes i plan to be good today!

I had a fantastic sleep last night, woke up to hear the birds chirping at 5.30am, so put my earplugs in and went back to sleep till 6.30 when I bounced out of bed. I did some squats and lunges and some pushups against the sofa so as to not hurt my shoulder. So thats a really good start to the day! And I had scrambled eggs with lots of cream and a bit of cheese in them so feeling good. If the sugar monster comes my way today he's gonna be told to f*** off.
    LMAO Love this!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18