Page 3 of 168 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 3

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Had weigh in today, and I lost another 400g so am down to 55.8kg. This is very good, I cant remember the last time I was this weight... well actually thats got a lot to do with the fact that I never used to weigh myself, but I have been weighing myself for at least the last year and I've got as high as 60kg which is NOT good. I kind of hovered around 59-60kg. I think if I hadnt started doing this, I would find next year I'd be hovering around 60-61kg - that insidious weight gain that mark refers to is absolutely true! I'd probably like to be about 55 kg which I think would be a good weight for me, but I suspect I could easily lose some more fat and drop a bit lower. I know I keep moaning about my middle but the truth is I am definitely seeing the differences.

So, in one breath i tell you that, and in the next I have to tell you that I decided to have Macdonalds for lunch.... I dont know why, a reward perhaps. I had a chilli chicken wrap and ....eeek, I had fries with it. It was interesting though cause I sat there and read the wrapper and realised that in that one wrap and small fries there were nearly 80g of carbs! What is fascinating about this from my perspective is actually paying attention to these things and realising exactly what it is I am eating... I never even used to think about it AT ALL!!! Anyway, I will punish myself appropriately tomorrow and make sure I work harder than normal at my workout.

Only 2 more sleeps till my short holiday (going to Noosa, Australia)

phew my workout this morning was hard. Heaps of cardio, and I hate running. We finished off with sprint relays, they are absolute killers for my legs, one leg in particular just feels like it wants to give out.

Dinner last night was steak and salad, a couple of glasses of wine.
    Breakfast today bacon and fried egg.
    Out for lunch today for a work thing, so who knows. I'll do my best to eat somewhat sensibly though.

1 more sleep to my holiday. It will be interesting to compare photos of me in my bikini on this holiday to photos of me in my bikini in Thailand 7 or 8 months ago. That little pudge round my middle (which I am completely obsessed about if you hadnt already guessed) is still extremely evident. Grrr

Well I'm back from my romantic holiday in Noosa and I have to say I could really feel the difference in how my clothes feel on me, dare I say I felt "comfortable". I havent felt like that for quite some time. I even bought a new bikini while I was away - I didnt look at myself in the mirror in the change rooms and think eww gross, I just thought yep, I'm looking trimmer, but there is still a way to go. I do have to keep in mind that I am 47 and not 27 and try and be realistic about how I look. There was some cheating of course while I was away, I indulged in small amounts of garlic bread a few times and of course drank a lot of cocktails I did put on 1/2 kg in that week but dont feel like its a big deal. I also went for a big run/walk while I was away which was quite incredible for me as I am naturally lazy, my partner was quite impressed with me. As a special treat, he shouted me a 3 hour spa treatment (body scrub, massage, facial). Ohhhh so nice.

Of course now I am back, I was straight back into my workout this morning at 6am. And last night we had a nice stir fry for dinner. So all in all, feeling pretty good apart from a bit of minor jet lag. (to be honest, I get jet lagged when daylight saving changes so doesnt take much!) My partner has returned from holiday sick, (man flu - always the worst) but I am fine. I told him it is because of the all the unhealthy grains he has been eating.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back, Suse, sounds like you had a great time. The spa treatment sounds divine!

Good job at getting right back to the workouts. Maybe throw in some IF days to deal with the holiday leftovers?

Thanks GS. Well I've come back from holiday and really been a slacker I'm ashamed to say. My food over the weekend has been absolutely apalling. Pasta, rice, I even had a poached egg on "toast". What the....? Also I drank far too much wine. My stomach feels all bloated and gross. I said to my partner this morning, right, we are getting right back into primal eating properly again, we do know that we both feel better for it and of course I am still wanting to work on my belly fat.

I think sometimes if you havent really given your menu plan any thought and you're feeling lazy, it can be kind of hard to be a primal eater. Pasta and sauce is so easy. Making rice to go with a green thai curry seems easier than making cauliflower rice. I really felt like a poached egg and it needs something to sort of soak it up. In the great scheme of things, having a little cheat from time to time isnt a big deal, eg, a poached egg on toast, but I went for the trifecta of cheating by having the 3 things that I know are the worst for me.

It was just a lazy weekend. I was going to make some soup for my lunches this week, but never did that. All in all, a kind of hopeless weekend, so lets hope that I get back on that wagon and strap myself on properly. I feel a little bit down in the dumps about it all today.

Hey Suse, just shake it off and go back to primal from this point forward. Get that nonprimal stuff out of the house if you can, so there's no excuse for using any. Can't cook pasta if you don't have any in the pantry. Though that's a bit more challenging if you have others in the house who still want to be eating such things (like the kids, in my case). Shop for primal foods asap. Good meats, veg, fruits, nuts, butter, coconut, and so on. You know what to do.

yeah, need to just get back in the zone. Cant quite primalise the pantry just yet, there isnt much of the bad stuff though. As I say it was just a blah weekend... lets call it post holiday blues I tried to leave a comment on your thread but my system dropped out... what is meatza???

Meatza is pizza, primal style. Made with ground meat "crust". http://freetheanimal.com/2009/09/mea...ts-meatza.html See this link for the idea/recipie. You could individualize it any way you like, as far as toppings, or what sort of ground meat for the crust. Someone else posted a recipie for turkey curry meatza, too.

I had issues earlier when I was trying to post, was halfway through writing and then the page closed, then was acting funny for a bit. Thought it was just my laptop acting up, as it has been doing lately.

hmmm might have to give it a go sometime. interesting concept. me like.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ok so I think I'm back into it. Yesterday:
    B: sort of an IF if you dont include the 2 cups of tea.
    L: Chicken salad (but only a small one)
    D: a tiny handful of corn chips with salsa when i got home cause I was starving. Stir fry beef and vegetables for dinner. 2 small glasses of white wine with dinner (and not before!!!) 1 chocolate macadamia with cup of tea after dinner (yes you read that right, just the 1)

Also tried to up the water intake yesterday, think I have been dehyrdating myself a little. Need to make a vast improvement in this area.

Today
    B: Protein shake with milk and coconut cream
    L: Will be leftover stir fry from last night
    D: Unknown at this stage.... am tempted to give meatza a go. Will see when I get home.

Tomorrow I have my workout in the morning and this always makes me feel better about everything ... unless its really cold and raining and then I might feel completely different

Page 3 of 168 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast