Page 21 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 21

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks Just4. Its a drag, no doubt about it but at least I'm not in constant pain any more so that in itself is fantastic. Slow work to get the full mobility though.

Today I have decided will be a sugar free day! Well in terms of adding the actual white stuff to anything at least, and in terms of having cookies and the like. I have however decided that I may, (note may!) have a square of 70% choc as a treat. So I am into my 2nd cup of lemon juice and hot water. Actually you know, lemon and hot water is very nice, you dont need any sweetener with it. I've got some green tea for later and I might put some stevia in it if I need to, will see how I go on that.

I have also got some crackers and cheese if I decide I need a snack. Last night I made vegan herb crackers from Elana's pantry website. They actually turned out ok and are easy as to make. No sugar (obviously) and no grains! Good girl sue! I've also got no white wine left at home so there'll be none of that tonight, unless I have a red wine but thats kind of ok cause of the benefits of a glass of red wine. but I'm not a big red fan so seems a bit unlikely.

I'll probably end up with a huge headache today.

Yesterdays eats
    B: Scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon
    S: I needed a snack so I got a cookie from the vending machine. I knew it was a bad choice hence my thread 'which is worst'. Next time I feel like a snack i'll definitely choose chips I think. I could have just used willpower but i didnt. Today is the day for willpower though.
    L: Lasagne (no pasta), 1 square 85% dark choc (so bitter, gaaaa)
    D: Lamb tagine with brocoli. boyfriend also did some cous cous but it was truly awful, probably had a couple of mouthfuls. 1 glass of chardonnay.

So it will be an interesting day for me today.

EDIT
    have decided to edit throughout day for this wee challenge as I'll forget tomorrow.
    11.50am I have a headache. I have had 2 lemon and hot waters this morning, and I had a cup of earl grey tea with a drop of stevia at 10.30, with cheese on primal crackers. This is going to be a tough day! Must drink more water.
    2.00pm Headache has abated somewhat. Sort of feel like having my chocolate, but I'm really going to try and push through. Dont really need it, just the mind trying to trick me! Having a cup of green tea with lemon right now.
    Last edited by Suse; 09-13-2010 at 06:54 PM.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    We'll be calling you Sugarless Suse before you know it! The green tea with lemon is a great idea. You can always try and save the chocolate for dessert after dinner, if you really feel like it then.

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Good morning, Suse!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Hi there Suse! Have a Happy Tuesday! May it be a great one for you!

Righto, what a good day I had yesterday!!! I was so good, (apart from some wine, but I'll get to that)

B: bacon and fried egg
    S: primal crackers with cheese
    L: Pastaless lasagne, but I had to toss out the courgettes, they were just making me gag for some reason.
    D: Out for dinner (blame my boyfriend) Thai chicken and vege with a satay sauce and a lamb and vege and thai herbs . No rice. Possibly there was a bit of sugar in those dishes, but nothing I put in!!!

so yes I did well on the no sugar front. The wine front I failed cause when I got home my partner said lets go out, cause he'd been working hard around the house all day (waterblasting and planting stuff in the garden) so we went to a local bar and I had a glass of reisling. Then on to dinner where we shared a glass of pinot gris. So all in all, I think that is pretty darn good. I didnt have any chocolate yesterday either!!!.

I had an awesome nights sleep too! And this morning I got a text from one of my carpool buddies to say her twins had arrived 10 weeks early but are both doing well. Yay. And believe it or not, the sun is shining in Auckland today. It wont last but at least I've got some sun!!!! It just improves everything.

I had a mean physio session yesterday, involved a lot of stretching of my arm behind my back, but definitely the mobility is coming along. My muscles around the top of the shoulder at the front feel quite tender today.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Yay for sunshine. I'm jealous, as we're definitely into fall now, and it seems summer was far too short, whereas you're just heading into spring.

Congrats on the good food day. I'll be looking for tomorrow's results...haha

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    You're doing better all the time and all the way around! Wish I could sleep more!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Yesterday not too bad, but I'm calling 80/20 on lunch.

B: Bacon and scrambled eggs
    L: spicy kumara soup with (gasp) bread. Yes my favourite ciabatta. Yum. and I enjoyed it too! there's my 80/20!! 1 square 85% dark choc after lunch seemed to put paid to any of my normal after lunch cravings.
    D: A few primal crackers and rice crackers with hummus before dinner. Dinner was a beef and vege stirfry. Very nice too. I had a couple of sips of my boyfriends beer while having a cracker, and then I had a cosmopolitan (just the one) and then I had a couple of sips of his red wine with dinner. All in all pretty good for me seeing as I am a booze hag One square of 70% choc.

So I didnt go sugar free yesterday, but I was definitely reduced. Small amount in my teas during the day. None in my tea in the evening, (I've got a new tea for after dinner I am enjoying, Rose and Vanilla)

I spent a bit of time in the kitchen last night making kumara potato chips. sigh, very labour intensive I decided and I didnt get much of a result. I was baking them on a lower heat so as not to burn them, but it is slow. Still got to watch them like a hawk. Dont think I'll bother again. Perhaps I'll just deep fry them in future and be done with it.

Another good night of sleep. Slept from about 9.30 until 2am I think and then back to sleep till about 5.40am. Feel good.

My skirt today is literally hanging off me. It is so loose around the waist... not that i"m complaining!!! last night there was a programme on bad plastic surgery talking about a couple of lipo ops that had gone wrong (one young girl dying) , and I thought thank god I lost the weight naturally - cause at one stage before I started primal, I said to my boyfriend, ok if I cant budge this layer of fat within a year I'm going to get lipo. Well I'm still complaining about my poochy belly but really its nothing that a bit of hard out exercise wouldnt fix if I would just get off my lazy butt and do it.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Unfortunately got a text from neighbour about one of the dogs barking so we had to head home early. I dont know if she was or not... perhaps she just doesnt like being out in the dark at night. we stopped the car at the top of street and walked down and there was no barking that we could hear. Perhaps she was having a break. Its hard to know what to do.
    Suse,

When dogs are left outside when you are not home, it is very scary for them. They think it is their job to guard the house and property. A very big job for little dogs.

Could you leave them inside when you are gone? They would feel safer and less likely to bark.

hi Winencandy. thanks for stopping in Yes I do tend to leave the dogs inside at night if we go out now. I just dont think the little one likes the dark and gets a bit anxious. Strangely she is the dominant dog although younger, so perhaps she feels she needs to protect my other dog, who is bigger and older and male? He's so laid back its ridiculous. On this particular day that I was referring to above, we had gone out in the late afternoon, so it wasnt dark then and I dont like locking them away when it is still light outside. They seem to be doing alright now, and the neighbour has calmed down somewhat - he's a bit of a nana