Page 2 of 167 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 2

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thursday
    B: Protein shake with milk
    L: yep, the frittata again, and I actually had a hankering for some burger king chicken tenderloins, but the dummys gave me the wrong meal and when I got back to work it was a chicken burger. so I threw out the bread and ate the chicken
    D: Fish with coconut and a couple of glasses of bubbles.

Had my bootcamp workout today, man I sweated through that one. Followed up with omelette and bacon for breakfast. Have just been out for a team morning tea and had half a slice of ginger loaf (yes bad I know, I really am doing this 80/20) Lunch will be the last slice of my frittata and dinner who knows.

Feeling pretty good all in all. Went shopping yesterday and had to get the next size down in a skirt so that really means I need to commit to staying this sort of size (cause I havent got a lot of weight that I want to lose)

Have a good weekend everyone.

hmmm i seem to have a lot of 80/20 going on at the moment. Not good. friday night drinks after work were a special Alice in Wonderland theme. so I had a couple of little chicken sandwiches (in white bread, gaaaa) and I had a cupcake (sugar, gaaa) and I had a sausage roll (pastry, gaaa). Ok so I didnt eat a lot but i still ate exactly what i knew I didnt really need. I didnt have anything else for dinner that night.

saturday morning took me out for breakfast - bacon, sausage and fried eggs.... hold the bread and hold the hashbrown I told them. when the waitress came with my meal, she said you're doing atkins right - uh, wrong, I said, I'm eating primally. look of confusion.

No lunch but we went out to a friends birthday afternoon tea and I ate badly again, admittedly not a lot. actually in many ways I'm more worried about lack of calories and my body going into starvation mode. I didnt have dinner as not really hungry. Had a few wines of course during course of the day, must cut back a bit more on the wine this week. It was good to have a couple of days with absolutely none. I hardly ever over-indulge in a big way any more, but most days do see me have 1 or 2 glasses so it is good for the liver to have a break.

so the plan is to get back on the horse today, I am just about to get my sorry ass out of bed and make bacon and eggs for breakfast. I am going to hunt out the cauliflower pizza base recipe and try making that for lunch. My partners girls are coming for dinner tonight so i am making a lovely beef in red wine casserole - with mashed potatoes for them - I might have a small tablespoon though as it is nice to soak up the beautiful gravy.

Planning a huge dog walk today and will do some sort of ab exercises today in the hope of tightening up the flab. also am going to drink lots of water today - i have no excuse not to as now have a water filter.

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    i have no excuse not to as now have a water filter.
    Why do you need a water filter in NZ? I thought it was all lovely rain water? Or have things changed since I left all those years ago.

to be fair jo, the water is still pretty good. But I do really notice that if i get a glass of water and put beside my bed at night, in the middle of the night if I feel like a slurp, it is totally gross. Now it is drinkable. and of course with the fridge filter thingy, it is lovely chilled water on tap all the time. Nice.

so I have done reasonably well today - quite a few glasses of water. rang a friend today, said what are you up to, she said, I have to move a trailer load of wood and stack it under my house. I said, i'll come and help you. wow, clearly I have energy to burn. anyway, it was good. she took me out for lunch as a thank you and we shared a caesar salad..... now I have to say I hate anchovies with a passion, but I thought well perhaps a caaesar dressing willl be ok.... nope, it was bloody ghastly. so I had a light lunch. I did have a chocolate milkshake though, not really primal is it but I deserved it and lets face it, it was better than having a coke or a glass of wine!

lovely dinner as planned, beef in red wine, mashed potato and brocoli. am regretting the potato now that i write this, I had a little bit more than I initially planned. I have also had a few wines too. my friends popped over this afternoon to check out my new kitchen and bought a bottle of champagne with them (french, ohh la la) so it would have been churlish to say oh no i'm not drinking today! ;-)

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Weekends and wine...go together so nicely! We had a lovely german sparkling wine last night.

Here's cheers to holding out for the next glass until next weekend. That's my plan, you up for it??

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Weekends and wine...go together so nicely! We had a lovely german sparkling wine last night.

Here's cheers to holding out for the next glass until next weekend. That's my plan, you up for it??
    OOOH Greensprout, thats a big ask! I'll try and hold out until thursday as friday is a team lunch and nothing goes with a team lunch better than lashings of wine!

haha, gotta love lashings of wine!

Okay, do your best and so will I. I'd suggest if you want the wine on Fri, skip the mashed potatoes and baked good during the week. I try to rationalize the wine sometimes by eliminating other items.

Ok so I was good and had no wine last night! But I confess, i had a small glass of beer with my boyfriend. (only about 150mls if that) Dinner was a vege stirfry, didnt actually have any protein with it. sometimes I worry that I am having too much protein. I think that was really my first meal in a while without any form of it.

Bacon and egg for breakfast this morning. Lunch will be leftover casserole from Sunday (no mashed potatoes though) and left over stirfry from last night. Dinner I will probably flag, see how I feel. I will do my best to ignore the wine bottle in the fridge.

I have my workout at 6am tomorrow.

although I am losing weight, I feel a bit peeved that my waistline hasnt shrunk at all. I've probably lost fat off my arms and upper back I suppose, definitely some off my hips and bum (which really I cant afford to lose any from there, there is not much to begin with) but my waist is stuck at 31-32 inches. Which is just ridiculous - for heavens sake, I have 36inch hips, I am like a little barrel. Anyone got any ideas on changing that aspect of my body composition.

OK so yesterday was a crappy day... I had family "issues". These sorts of things will drive a girl to drink. I also ate sugary crap as well, so I think I might just forget about yesterday. I wasnt really really bad, but I ate things knowing that they werent good, cake, potato chips, sweets, and not forgetting the wine. Oh well.

Today though is another day. I got up at my usual 5.45 on wed/fri, rolled out of bed and straight off to my workout. Thankfully it wasnt raining, although the ground was a soggy mess as it had rained overnight. felt good for it.

B scrambled eggs, tea
    L out for lunch today, and I rejected my usual dish that would come with rice and opted for healthy salad instead. go me! I did chase it down with a small bar of dark chocolate, not so good, didnt really need it but not so bad either, better that than really nasty sweets which are full of HFCS and really bad.
    D boyfriend cooked a sausage casserole for dinner, with kumara (sweet potato), brocoli and capsicum. 1 glass of wine.

Ok greensprout, I know I'm not doing very well on the challenge. but last night was a meltdown, and tonight it was just 1 small glass, the leftover in a bottle.

Suse, I hear you on that. I might have done the same, but since I took some codeine, I wasn't going to go there. Settled for 3 squares of 70% dark chocolate.

Tomorrow's another day...

Page 2 of 167 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast