Page 161 of 168 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1674

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 161

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well I've got 2 days left to come up with my plan. I'm thinking of doing a 2 minute plank 30 day challenge for one thing, and perhaps I should do the squat challenge. Also stairs from level 25 to 30 at least 3 times a day would be good. I know it doesnt sound like a lot, but it's a start. And believe me, those 5 flights of stairs have me puffing, they are really steep I think!

In other news, the fireman and I are trying to organise our wedding for February. Crikey weddings cost a lot!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    I might have to have a week test first Jac!. I dont think I'm ready to commit to a whole month cause I cant figure out how to do it.

However, I have come up with a new challenge plan.... I'm going to call it Movember! No I am not going to grow a moustache... (I spend enough now on laser treatments to get rid of that furry top lip! ) What I am talking about is
    Move-ember

Like that??? I think its clever... So I'm going to come up with some sort of plan of some brief exercise that I need to do every day, like 30 squats, 5 minutes of skipping rope, climbing the stairs at work twice a day... just one little thing each day. And I just need to come up with a punishment plan. So I'm thinking the SPCA could be a winner again (although only out of me, I wont make this one a fundraiser) If I dont exercise - $5 a day, but if I miss 2 days, I double it, so 2 days in a row would be $10, 3 days in a row would be $20 etc. Back to the start if I get some exercise in...

just working out my plan at the mo. More info to follow
    Move-ember - I like it! all the best, suss

I'm off to a bit of a slow start. I started early last week and on Thursday 31 Oct, I did the stairs 3 times. My calves have been screaming all weekend. On saturday morning I got up earlyish and the fireman and I walked to the cafe in the village for breakfast. Sunday I had a full on day cleaning (and as a result have OOS back in my arm again - it has to do with how completely anal retentive I get when I decide to clean), in fact I really didnt stop from 7.30am until 5pm so I count that as exercise of sorts. And also I bought a skipping rope and did about 30 seconds of that on Sunday too. So need to step it up a bit. Especially seeing as I had a cronut for morning tea. OMG I wish I had never discovered cronuts... cross between a donut and a croissant with a custard cream in the middle. BAD BAD BAD. but delicious. Never mind, back on the horse/wagon whatever tomorrow. I did have a very clean sort of day yesterday, scrambled eggs for breakfast, bit of chicken for lunch, and then steak, salad and stuffed peppers with chorizo, tomato and feta for dinner.... and no wine, so I think that was pretty good.

On another note, I hate to show off, but i cant help myself, the fireman is taking me FIRST class to Sydney on Emirates in a few weeks time. It's somthing that has been on my bucket list, a first class flight. I know ridiculous, and silly spending the money really, but thankfully its only to australia so not heinously expensive seeing as we are only going one way (our return flight is using up airpoints so free if you will!) It will be cool as it is on Emirates A380. And trust me on this, I'll get my (his) moneys worth with the amount of champagne I intend to drink ie, a lot!

Anyway that is all as my arm hurts to type at the mo.

Not a lot new to report. Not moving as much as I had hoped, but making small progress. Yesterday I did some skipping and did the stairs at work twice. I know you're probably thinking 6 flights of stairs, meh, thats nothing, but they are quite steep and I am always puffing by the time I get up the top and my quads are screaming.

I've got 3 numbered post it notes by the side of my computer. They are to remind me to have a big glass of water. So every time I drink one, I move it to the other side, upside down. And do it all over again the next day. I dont drink anywhere near enough water so this is a small start.

I've asked the hotel where I am going to get married to give me a discounted membership to use their pool for the next few months. I think I could force myself to go for a swim in a heated pool, way better than the gym. Will see what they come back with.

Eating front has been up and down. Put on at least a kilo in the last week so time to get a bit stricter.

I'd like to be back here saying I've been so good. but I havent. I dont know that I've been really bad though. I got up super early one day and took the furkids for a nice long walk around the wetlands which was good. But the weekend has been a bit fraught and so a lot (no make that a LOT) of alcohol has been drunk.

1. the firemans daughter is pregnant again. Lordy, cant afford the baby they have now, so hey lets have another.
    2. the fireman has prostate cancer. Low grade, caught early, all good prognosis stuff but took me by suprise.

in other news, we've confirmed our wedding date for Feb next year

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Cripes Suse, that's a couple of stressors for you . Wishing the fireman a speedy recovery.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

had an awesome weekend in sydney.. I bought my Jimmy choo shoes... they are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! Drank a couple of truckloads of champagne. Am feeling decidedly fat and blobby this week so i'm going to have to change my ways if I'm ever going to look half way decent on my wedding day.

my mum's dog died this week. she was 16 (border collie). I cried.

It's nearly the end of movember and I havent really moved that much... although having said that, I did heaps of walking and running in sydney at the weekend... I ran across the harbour bridge in fact!

good lord. I seem to be unable to use any willpower at all and stop eating crap. Must try harder.

Found a 30 day squat app on my new iphone. Day one was 30 squats, day 2 was 50. I really needed to rest on day 3 because it told me I needed to do 75 and I thought hell, I can hardly sit down. Anyway it is day 4 today and I did 30 first thing, and will do the other 45 when I get home tonight!

I did 40 squats last night because I thought I had done 35 in the morning.... oh well close enough. This mornings number was 60. Bang did that without any problem. Looking ahead to tomorrow and it is a rest day! Phew. Frankly I think the rest day needs to be at day 3 because it's very hard to squat when your muscles are screaming at you. Anyway, I hate to imagine what is in store after the rest day.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good god - I can barely do 10 squats!! I'd be hobbling around - even after 10 I have to sit down veeerrrrryy carefully
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus