Page 160 of 168 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1679

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 160

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Went to an investment roadshow last night and there was copious amounts of wine available, but I was strong and had an OJ instead.

My sugar consumption has probably tripled while I'm on this no booze lark. I definitely think after this month is over I'll try to really cut back on the sugar (other than wine!) and do some exercise. In a way its good to see that stopping wine doesnt affect my weight - but we could say the other sugar is a problem. Hmmm dont know... I've always been a lollie/choc binger at work all along, is it really any worse?? not sure.

Went for an eye test today, small change in my prescription. I'm going to try out some contacts (which I absolutely hate, I have such a strong blink reflex that I just cant get the buggers in, but its been about 20 years since I last tried them). Anyway I'm trying them as I am considering laser surgery on one eye. If I have both eyes lasered I'll need glasses for reading which would be a drag. But I need to see if I can get my brain to adjust to one good eye, one bad eye before i go down that path. I had laser surgery about 18 years ago and my eyes went back to normal after about 6 or 7 years so hard to know if it will be worth it or not?

hmmm well the contact lens test was a failure. I just cant get them in, and when I finally did manage to get one in, I looked like I'd been punched in the face and had been crying for days, and then i couldnt get the bloody thing out so the optometrist had to do it. Hopeless. So that's a no.

Last day of sober september. I've done really well. The fireman's other daughter had her baby late last night so theoretically I could cave tonight and have a wine to celebrate, but I'll wait till tomorrow

I've just read back over my journal for the last year. Good grief. I really am hopeless. I dont do much that I say I'm going to. Thank goodness I have at least achieved sober september.

Well I made it, I did a whole month. Had a boozy night on 1 October and really suffered for it... uggh, it's enough to put me off drinking I think it was just a shock to my system, and I dont know that mixing champagne and still wine is a good idea! Anyway, I raised $500 for the SPCA so that's all a good thing.

currently I have no goals. Better get my thinknig cap on. Weather is nice, I should start exercising or something, now that would be radical!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the month!!!
    Most excellent!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I must say that since I am back on the booze I am noticing the effect on my sleep. Funny how I didnt feel that I noticed a difference coming off it, but now I am. Also the fireman is snoring quite a bit which is disturbing me as well.

Anyway, tonight is an alcohol free night. I suppose the one good thing that has come out of that month off is that it isnt that hard and that I do feel better without it. Who'd have thought!

I think I might make a plan for some 30 day thing in November... not sure what. No added sugar perhaps.. so like no soda drinks, sugar in my tea, rabidly sweet cakes or chocolates or lollies. Hmmm might have to try a week first. EAse myself in gently.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    What, specifically are you noticing about your sleep off wine as opposed to on?

Cheers to a successful September, and a no sugar November would be a great choice for you. I'll be notifying the lolly police in your area .

well if you had asked me during my month off, I would have said that my sleep wasnt affected at all! Just goes to show what I know! Some good nights, some bad, but now having a few drinks I just notice that I dont feel rested, that if I wake in the night it's harder to get back to sleep, and obviously I wake up feeling quite dehydrated in the night too. I guess it depends on how many I've had. The other night I had 2 cosmopolitans and some low alcohol wine with dinner and really didnt sleep well at all. Now if I'd just had the low alc wine, I probably would have been ok. It's interesting.

I'm sure if I tried a similar thing with sugar that too would be interesting. just as it was interesting when I completely cut gluten out of my life for a while - that really gave my gut a chance to heal. I think I had built up an intolerance to gluten, and now as I dont have that much of it, it isnt really a problem - although I have noticed that if I am a bit gluten heavy for a day or two, I get some minor issues. Sugar is my devil that's for sure. Would be nice to kick that one into touch.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Suse, if you do a sugar free November, can I join you?? I could use a buddy
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I might have to have a week test first Jac!. I dont think I'm ready to commit to a whole month cause I cant figure out how to do it.

However, I have come up with a new challenge plan.... I'm going to call it Movember! No I am not going to grow a moustache... (I spend enough now on laser treatments to get rid of that furry top lip! ) What I am talking about is
    Move-ember

Like that??? I think its clever... So I'm going to come up with some sort of plan of some brief exercise that I need to do every day, like 30 squats, 5 minutes of skipping rope, climbing the stairs at work twice a day... just one little thing each day. And I just need to come up with a punishment plan. So I'm thinking the SPCA could be a winner again (although only out of me, I wont make this one a fundraiser) If I dont exercise - $5 a day, but if I miss 2 days, I double it, so 2 days in a row would be $10, 3 days in a row would be $20 etc. Back to the start if I get some exercise in...

just working out my plan at the mo. More info to follow