Page 159 of 165 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1647

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 159

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Well I'm planning on lots of walking. I'm also toying with the idea of joining the gym up the road because it has a heated swimming pool and just going and having a swim at lunchtime and sitting in the sauna. I really enjoyed having a gentle swim and all the walking I did while I was away... we'll see. But definitely more **action**

Well day one of Suse's sober september supporting the SPCA is done. Yay, only 29 more to go. I've even set up a fundraising page for my friends to donate to SPCA in support of me givingup drinking....

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Progress report?
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Well it is day 9 today. And not a drop of alcohol has passed my lips (however, I dont count wine that goes in food, eg I had a red wine casserole for dinner one night). I found it deeply disturbing to have to pour out close to half a bottle of bubbly yesterday after a baby shower that I hosted for the firemans' daughter.... deeply disturbing 6 people have made donations to the SPCA so that means that if I weaken and have a drink, that will cost me $96... per day that I drink.... and it will be even more whenever I get a new contributor!

The scales have not moved one little skerrick either. They have stuck firmly to 57.3kg. grrr. Mind you I'm not really doing any exercise, I'm sure if I got moving a bit things would change.

Other than that, life goes on. I've been eating a bit of bread lately (gasp). Bad Suse. I dont eat a lot, but I have to say, I do enjoy a nice crunchy piece of ciabatta.

Jac
    Well done . I hear you on the bread - it's my weak spot. Well, bread and anything with sugar in it .
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Well done . I hear you on the bread - it's my weak spot. Well, bread and anything with sugar in it .
    yeah sugar is the devil. I just polished off a pile of crunchy m and m's. omg totally addictive, they will never EVER be bought again.

Jac
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    yeah sugar is the devil. I just polished off a pile of crunchy m and m's. omg totally addictive, they will never EVER be bought again.
    I said that about Pods . To be fair, I haven't bought them again - but there are lots of other goodies to tempt, lol. I'm going on the ketogenic hcg diet in October (I found an amazing doctor who has diagnosed leaky gut, oestrogen dominance, adrenal fatigue and thyroid issues - he reckons I'll be healed enough to start losing weight in about a month ) and the only thing I'm worried about is how long I can stay away from sugar! I might have to try it your way, with some kind of punishment system for straying . . .
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

I have to say the punishment system is a good one. I've had another contributor to the SPCA so a drink will now cost me $102 per day. ouch... it could get expensive if I weaken! It's really about breaking the habit I suppose, and also this is just to show that yes I can do this... but without a punishment I would just fall over at the first opportunity.. Although god only knows what sort of an evil bitch I might turn into if I tried to do this without sugar

So just over the half way mark and I can tell you that the scales have not budged one iota. Nothing, zip, nada. I find that little bit surprising actually. Not even 100 grams. I know of course that if I threw some exercise into the mix now I probably would lose some weight. and if we go right back to the beginning of my journal that is of course when I was losing weight, by doing my bitchingly mean boot camp twice a week. I am just too lazy.

Maybe I can make that my next punishment routine. I have to do at least xx mins of exercise a day or I have to cough up.

On another note, went and visited my mum in tauranga in the weekend and she is looking good. I took her out for lunch and to buy some new shoes, but that was a bit much for her.... next time, I'll just take her for a quiet coffee somewhere. Noisy cafes wear her out.

hmm well the scales moved today and not in a good way. I had pasta for dinner last night so have now decided that pasta is evil.... of course we all knew that already anyway so its not like I'm telling you anything new is it I'm going to italy next year, do they make gluten free pasta... I mean i know i can buy it dried at the shops, but can you get fresh ravioli that is gluten free. I hope so because it would be a crime not to have some beautiful pastas in italy surely.

received an invite yesterday to a wine tasting and 5 course degustation dinner. I thought oh oh, but then checked the date and it is for October, phew. I would have hated to pass on that one because I'm not drinking.

Yesterday I had 4 separate people tell me how young i look. I had a haircut recently, quite a chop actually - probably lost a good 2-3 inches, and had a different colour put in about a month before that so obviously it has made a difference. I mean for 4 people to literally stop you and out of the blue tell you how nice you are looking is a rarity. Nice though EDIT: does that mean I looked like shit before

People have asked me if I feel any different without drinking. But to be totally honest, no. It's not like I'm that much of a booze hag nowadays, I'd dropped down to the low alcohol wine anyway most of the time.

Beautiful day here in Auckland today. Roll on summer.

Jac
    Huh - that's weird about the scales not moving without the alcohol. Not so weird that they did with the pasta . So this month hasn't convinced you at all that you should stay off it! That's good news, surely .

It's a lovely day here, too - and I'm stuck inside writing a report. No doubt by the time I'm finished it'll be raining again.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here