Page 157 of 168 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1674

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 157

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    glad your mum's house sold and things are sorting themselves out.

i used arrowroot powder as a thickener (rather than flour), and it's done well.

what will remove the inches is the alcohol. hate to say it, babe, but women don't metabolize that stuff well.

my thoughts -- 80/20 in terms of the primal foods but also in terms of alcohol. like, only drink 20% of the alcohol you currently do. and same with sweets! only 20% of your current total.

you'll probably see a HUGE difference!

Suse is offline Senior Member
    well let me get through week 1 and maybe I'll even push for a week 2! I've facebooked to my friends that I am doing it so no going back, its one week minimum or else.

I'm fasting tonight. My stomach is definitely grumbling, but as usual its mostly a boredom thing, I don't feel quite right unless I've had some dinner or at least something to nibble on. Anyway drinking water, good Suse.

I also came home and did my pilates dvd tonight. I just couldn't face going to the gym. I really don't like it. I'm booked with my personal trainer tomorrow so that will help. Bet my stomach muscles will be feeling it, if not tomorrow, definitely day 2. I'd forgotten how hard it is.

and by the way it was the house did NOT sell... Bugger

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Good Suse indeed, best wishes for your dry week

Pilates will be nice and soothing/energising, good luck with training tomorrow. I'm off to netball now, tramping tomorrow so that's my "sprinting" and my "moving around slowly" covered.

Sorry 'bout the house, better luck next time.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Ah, I read that it did sell. Must have been reading too quickly. That's a real bummer. I hope it sells soon. Still having problems with your brother, too?

ok been a little while since I updated.

The house SOLD. in the middle of my dry first week... so I drank champagne. But I got straight back on the horse the next day and finished the week off. Hey better than nothing.

Of course now the family dramas are back again, the brother can smell the money.

I saw a counsellor last night, I decided I needed some coping mechanisms for how to deal with the pent up rage I keep getting.

I've been going to the gym, but I'm not very regular. I'll be honest and say I just dont like it. I need to figure out how to love exercise. hmmm tricky. We had a fire alarm the other day and I had to go down 25 flights of stairs. well 3 days later and I can barely walk - my calf muscles are so tight - it's got to the point of embarrassing. HOpefully tomorrow I'll feel a bit better. I did go to the gym yesterday but we pretty much worked my arms. I did do a solid 5 minutes of fast walking on the treadmill and every step jarred right through my body!. Interestingly, the scar on my arm from when I had the cyst removed 6 weeks ago is sore today, I'm guessing the scar tissue got stretched or something.

Food wise - sugar is my absolute devil on my shoulder. As always, I have terrible sugar cravings at work. There is only one thing for it... give up work

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Great news on the house sale, though I'm not surprised about issues with brother. From your past reports, he wasn't likely to fade away quietly. It's obviously bad, to get to the point of needing help with coping methods, I hope you find some things that work for you.

Not liking the gym? I suppose you need to find some aspect of workout or activity that you can enjoy. Do you like group classes? Yoga? Dance stuff? There's always walking and the PBF stuff that you can do outside of the gym. Try a few different things to sort of "try them on" so to speak.

Yes GS, the answer definitely is in finding something I like. I do like walking on nice days so perhaps I just need to make more of an effort to do just that. Work just gets in the way of me living the life I'd like. sounds like a great excuse doesnt it!

Anyway, 6 days later and my calf muscles are feeling better, although I must say still tender to the touch. Clearly I need to do way more in the way of regular stretching,a dn obviously I need to be doing more stair work. And of course, one needs to be prepped for an emergency as we see with Wellington getting a big quake. It just makes you realise that anything could happen. Hopefully we wont see the likes of Christchurch again. I'm glad i live in a city where earthquakes appear to be seldom. Our biggest worry is all the volcanoes becoming active again I guess.

Anyway, had a nice weekend. the fireman took me out to a very nice restaurant on Saturday for my birthday, we had the 5 course degustation menu and I have to say it was just the perfect amount of food, not too much and not too little and everything was lovely. Thoroughly enjoyed it. And yesterday we had the firemans daughters over for lunch and I did a whole fillet of beef and scalloped potatoes and vege and it was awesome!

Today we have a work team lunch at a very nice restaurant that I have always wanted to go to so should be fun! And then tomorrow is my actual birthday. So what I'm saying is that I wont be having any alcohol free days for a while

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Hi Suse!! Great that the house sold - bummer about the brother. They don't change, do they.

Good on you for trying the counsellor. Hang in there.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Thanks Jac, nice to hear from you again.

Well the last week has been complete crap. Came down with a virus, on my birthday no less, which then morphed into full blown chest infection so am on steroids and antibiotics and have been feeling MISERABLE. 3 days on the antibiotics and I am only just starting to feel a little bit better, but I have the annoying last little bit of phlegm on my chest that tickles and makes me cough all the time. bloody annoying... for me and everyone around me obviously.

And tonight the fireman looks like he is coming down with something and is saying his sinus' are playing up. Not good. We are flying to Hawaii on Saturday morning and we both need to be healthy preferably. Lets hope his immune system can throw this off a bit quicker than mine. I suspect mine has taken a battering this year from all the stress in my life.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Happy Birthday, Suse. Sorry you have been so sick, and I hope you'll both be feeling well again right quick and have an awesome trip to Hawaii.