Page 155 of 165 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1647

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 155

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Righto, been away for the weekend and food hasnt been too bad, but not ideal, and wine indulgence has been heavy!

Had an awesome lunch at a Vineyard in Auckland on Friday, which probably wasnt too bad, lovely chicken breast with a heavenly creamy mushroomy type sauce. Delish! Followed by creme brulee for dessert cause that is my weakness.

Saturday took us to Christchurch for a 50th. Had fish and chips before we went out to line the stomach and probably had a few less than desirable nibbles at the party and a truckload of bubbly. Sunday we went to Pegasus Bay Vineyard just out of Christchurch and had the most fabulous meal ever. Had amazing deep fried mozarella on a bed of shaved fennel. The fireman had a mortadella (spanish sausage) sort of salad, and my sister had beetroot with walnut and shaved parmesan. All completely divine. For a main I had an awesome rib eye steak, huge and really really flavoursome with a gorgeous red wine jus, and some orange cauliflower as a side dish. Instead of dessert we had cheese, but the crackers werent gluten free. All washed down with lovely wines. I definitely didnt need dinner.

So back to reality and I said to the fireman right, we need a week off the booze. (which in Suse speak usually means about 4 or 5 days if I can last that long).

Well a pat on the back for me as I have done day 1 alcohol free. I think I should cope with tonight as well. In fact I am thinking about a fast tonight. The hardest part of that for me is the boredom factor.... its not that I am hungry, just the odd stomach gurgle but it seems so boring not eating. weird. Or maybe i am!

Dinner last night was steak and vege with creamy potatoes, breakfast today was a rush so 2 pieces of gluten free toast and lunch was a lovely chicken risotto. I dont feel that there is anything inherently bad with any of those meals.

Weight is hovering around the 57kg mark. I feel much better around the 55kg mark so must work to get back to that.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Well done on the alcohol free day. Good luck with your goals.

Fail.
    I had a craving for something sweet in the afternoon and went to the vending machine and bought a perky nana. Aaaghhh all that glucose syrup. Bad.

I didnt fast last night because I'd already failed on the sweet stuff front. I only had a bit of chicken and a few squares of chocolate... oh and a biscuit. damn.

On the pass front though, I did have an alcohol free night. I'll take that win.

Watched the final of Survivor. Seriously I have just loved this last season, some brilliant twists and turns along the way.

I'd like to try for another alcohol free day today, but I'm going to be tested this afternoon with drinks at work for the end of the recruitment round. I just dont think I can possibly say no to a nice glass of champagne. Perhaps if they have changed the way they do things in the year that I left the firm, it will only be a methode champenoise, but if its the french bubbly, there is no way I am saying no! And the food is likely to be pretty yummy too. They have got a great new chef in the time I was away and I think he does quite a bit of gluten free stuff.

yeah, you know it, another fail.

Had a drink after work and there was some nice food. little parmesan baskets filled with tiny itsy bitsy chopped up capsicums (caponata??) Delish. And some morrocan lamb on sticks and mushroom and garlic beignets (which I suspect are flour based). Anyway, I had lasagne for lunch so that wasnt good either.

But I didnt drink when I got home.

I am seriously nearly at the point of joining the gym. Not quite... but nearly!

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Hey Suse, nice to see you back once again.

Yes, the gym is a great idea when you're ready. How's the frozen shoulder getting on these days?

Is there something you can bring in from home to work to avoid the vending machines when the need for something sweet happens? Like nice fruit, dates, bit of proper dark chocolate, nuts, coconut butter?

GS, my frozen shoulder(s) have thawed out nicely. STill a little bit of stiffness at the top end of movement but on the whole, good. I think knowing what I know now, it is just a time issue. I wouldnt bother trying to do a whole lot of physio again.

Yeah me and that bloody vending machine. I just hit it this afternoon. grrr. I really need to stash some dark choc in my drawer I think, as one square, 2 max, is usually all I need.

I think what is the most annoying thing is that I know its bad for me and even as i'm buying crap, I'm saying you'll regret this, but I still do it anywya. I have NO WILLPOWER. Hopeless.

How come some people have so much will power and motivation and yet I have none.

Suse, I don't believe it's willpower. It's just something that grows over time on primal eating. A change occurs and that vending machine starts to become repellent and then even invisible. It's like you don't even notice it because what's in there doesn't even register as food.

Meanwhile, I like Greensprout's suggestion to arm yourself in advance with suitable food that will be even easier to access and more appealing than what the vending machine has to offer.

Hey, cool to see you on the point of gym membership. I have never regretted mine. The exercise and healthy eating work even better together, than separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    It's called a "primal bar" and I found it at the supermarket. Next time I get one, I'll see if it has a particular brand. You can definitely get them at Nosh or Farro specialty foods.
    Oh, ok, I'll keep my eyes open for it. I wonder if it really is "primal".

alcohol free night last night. Good girl, pat on the back. Had gluten free sausages and mash for dinner, very nice.

It wont be a booze free day today though, as someone is leaving the firm today and I think it would be rude for me not to go to drinks later. Just like it would be rude not to go to their leaving morning tea which is bound to be full of bad stuff for me to eat.!

I need to get a list together of things I need to do this weekend otherwise it will just drift away. I am having friends over for dinner saturday night so am going to make a nice slow cooked beef in red wine. Which will of course be washed down with copious amounts of wine. It will be nice to have a weekend at home for a change and not have to go anywhere. I am not even going to go up to Orewa with the fireman on Sat morning ( he wants to go and see his daughter, baby due this weekend). I just want to stay at home and potter. I honestly cannot remember the last time I did that.