Page 153 of 167 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1664

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 153

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    {{hugs to you, Suse}}

Rough about mum, but she's best to be in the place that can provide the level of care she needs. Nothing wrong with a good cry, sounds like it was a necessary thing.

I was going to say hooray about being able to return to your job, but maybe not so much with all the drama. Sigh. Maybe the lotto will come through for you.

Hope tomorrow is a bit better.
    What she said
    {{{hugs}}}
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    ok time for an update. Lets not talk to much about my eating, it's not dire but it does leave a little to be desired shall we say. However weight management is good.

Mum has been reassessed as needing secure dementia care so my sister and I spent the day in Tauranga yesterday looking at some options and have found a lovely place for her and will move her in a couple of weeks. I am now completely at peace with the decision. My sister has as usual been incredibly supportive. My brothers are still being complete knobs, but I dont talk to them so that makes my life easier.

Have been incredibly busy at work and my eyes are square from working on a spreadsheet all day. blah. Will probably have to work on the public holiday on monday too to get everything done for next week. Oh well, the fireman is working so it wont kill me and I'll get a day in lieu to use later.

The fireman is having having his big op this week, tonsils out, uvula? shortened, palate lasered etc. God I hope it works. am listening to him snoring like a freight train in next room - it must be love eh?

His shift patterns are working out so that I can get him to either give me a lift to work or drop me off at the station. Dependign on what time I leave work, I've been catching either a bus or train home and a few times now have walked from stop to home so that is good. Cause I can tell you, I'm not getting off my butt much at work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Mum has been reassessed as needing secure dementia care so my sister and I spent the day in Tauranga yesterday looking at some options and have found a lovely place for her and will move her in a couple of weeks. I am now completely at peace with the decision.
    Good

I hope everything goes smoothly for your Fireman's operation
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Well today is day 5 after the firemans op. Hmmm not good. having your tonsills out as an adult is really really painful. Poor sweetheart. I am up in the night whenever he is trying to keep a handle on his meds. Today I went and saw his doc and said i felt out of control and she was fabulous. Gave him a script for a slow release morphine on top of the short acting morphine and told me about how to manage his pain and his meds. I came away feeling a lot more knowledgeable and in control. I can see that the long acting morphine is doing the job so I'm hoping he'll have a better night tonight (and me too!) I took the day off work today and will probably take tomorrow off as well and luckily wednesday is a public holiday. Gosh I dont know how someone would manage their pain meds on their own, they'd probably overdose cause they are so out of it. Anyway, thank goodness for the www as I have a fair idea of how his pain will progress. Day 5 to 7 are said to be pretty ugly and after that with a bit of luck he'll be on the home run to being a bit better. I hope so.

I need to go on a detox after this though

poor Fireman
    Give him a hug
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

well the fireman is definitely feeling a lot better now thankfully, but still nowhere near 100%. He's got an extra week off which basically turns into a month as his annual leave starts directly after the med cert runs out. He really needs the time off to get his strength back as he has lost a lot of weight. His taste buds have taken a hit so food is just not enjoyable for him although I think that is slowly starting to improve. On a positive note I think there may have been an improvement in his snoring. We still arent sleeping together, but I'm not hearing him through the walls so that must be a good thing.

in the interim, as well as looking after him, I have moved my muum into secure dementia care. It seems ok and I hope mum will settle there a bit better. I'm encouraged by the fact that she can find her bedroom a lot easier. It was kind of funny on the first day there when we were in her room with 3 other demented old ladies all talking complete and utter nonsense, but all of them seemed to nod their heads and understand what the others were on about. I like to think the companionship will do mum good. I have also had my brothers "served" with a notice to vacate the houses so that we can get them on the market and sell them. They have a month to move out. Who knows if they will or not, but if they dont we'll get a court order and I will have them forcibly removed by the police under a trespass notice I guess. Bloody ridiculous. Anyway, I dont feel stressed at all about any of that now that I know mum is safe and secure. What happens with dumb and dumber will just be what it is.

The fireman and I have booked a trip to Fiji in May for a long weekend for our 5 yr anniversary so I'm excited to have a holiday to look forward to again. And we are definitely thinking about Hawaii in August. And then we better start thinking of a honeymoon .... we are going to get married in January 2014! Yay. By then the fireman will be a granddad twice over... yes, both his daughters are pregnant! Crikey. And no one had better call me nana or there will be problems!

On friday we had a fire drill at work and I had to walk down 25 flights of stairs. Oh my god, my calves are still killing me 3 days later, and I was in flat shoes not heels.

Other than that, not a lot to report. Just plodding along, hoping for a little less drama in my life. Seriously, is there something going on in the alignment of the planets cause it seems lots of people are having really big issues in their life!!

I'm glad your Fireman's feeling better.
    Your mum in a secure dementia place that you feel good about is good as well.
    I hope your brothers move out without any "drama" I think you've had enough of that!
    Fiji sounds exotic and wonderful! And Hawaii as well! Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    And no one had better call me nana or there will be problems!
    Hahaha! You KNOW that will be your new nickname here, right?
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Righto, obviously I have been busy again. More drama on the home front. Hopefully getting closer to the end of it though. My brother did lodge an action throught the family court seeking a review of my decision as mums power of attorney, but then he withdrew it a few days later as he realised he was just going to be made to look stupid (or more stupid as the case may be) But it's all been pretty toxic, and I've had a couple of big meltdowns. WNC you could learn a thing or two from me on letting it out I think the fireman has been pretty surprised by how emotional I have got. Anyway, both brothers should be moved out by this weekend, and then my sis and I are going to get the houses ready to go on the market to be sold. Yay. Lets hope they do!

In the interim, have had a nice weekend away in Melbourne and next month we are off to fiji for a long weekend which I am really looking forward to as it will be total relaxation (melbourne was a lot busier) I want to read and sit by the pool and sleep.

The fireman and I have spent this last weekend bed shopping. We ended up buying a king size bed that is more or less the same as what we curerntly have, (ie, 100% latex mattress on a slat base but we have a queen size now). But we've just had two terrible nights sleep where we have both tossed and turned all night and our backs are killing us. I think though that the fact that we have been on and off beds all weekend hasnt helped that, and also we changed our pillows in the weekend. so tonight we are going back to our regular pillows and we will have no alcohol. Anyway, in case you havent guessed, yes we are now officially sleeping together ... in the same bed... all night He does still snore a bit, but I can mostly cope with it, as opposed to the freight train I used to have snoring in the next bedroom.

As per usual, I'm being pretty hopeless on the primal front. So much gluten has crept back into my life. I'm not having any major issues, but I do feel things are different. To be fair, its not like there is a lot of gluten/wheat products,, but enough to make a difference. My waist line feels huge. I really need to do some exercise but I honestly just cant be bothered. What's wrong with me, I need to stop being so lazy.... I KNOW what I need to do but I just cant for some reason. I'm blocked. Perhaps I have an anti-exercise dragon?

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hi Suse,

you know my dh snores a lot less since I started eating primal and feeding him that way too maybe 50% of the time.

Starting tomorrow I am going to try and get back into primal living... properly. Why not today I hear you ask? Well I think the moro bar I just had for morning tea has ruined the day!

Last weekend, my sister and I finally finished all the cleaning and preparing the houses for sale. Today the real estate photographer is in and we will be on the market ready to sell in a few days! Hoorah! I'll be sorry to sell them actually, as it is a lovely spot to go and have a holiday!

I think that now that most of that drama has been dealt with I can probably get back on the wagon properly. I am going to re-read Mark's book. I am going to start planning meals. I am NOT going to stop drinking wine .... cause come on! this is me we're talking about I am going to check in regularly on here so that I can be re-motivated! I was doing a read back in the early days and I was so good then. I need to reinstate my Suse7 (which in reality turned out to be the Suse5 )

Yup some changes are afoot. Watch this space.