Page 151 of 165 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1642

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 151

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    suze,

I feel for you. you just keep your head above water as you go through this crazy family drama stuff over the holidays no less, and then you know, update when you can.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Merry Christmas to you, Suze, both you and your fireman, whatever may be going on in your life. I hope some of the family drama has eased for the holidays.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    hi everyone, i've been meaning to come and update but it has really been too hard. I've lost 3 kgs just from stress and not eating so I guess there is an upside eh???

so the brothers, well they are dead to me. I admitted my mother to a resthome on christmas eve. It honestly made no difference to mum as her dementia is so far gone, she has no idea what day is what. My brothers arrived at the rest home, where I had an order in place that Mum could not be removed without my written authority. Kicked up merry hell. I called the police and they were trespassed - not by me, but by the rest home management as they were asked to take it outside or leave and they refused and sat in the reception area behaving in an intimidating manner. So really they couldnt be any stupider. I hate them. Yes really I do. And no, I will NEVER EVER forgive them. My sister arrived on boxing day and we arranged for us to take mum over to my elder brother's place so they could both see her. We said we would arrive at 4pmish to 6pmish. The elder one, who is the one behind the legal action, arrived at 4.30pm having been out for a run, and then went out at 5pm to pick up his daughter from work and do the grocery shopping. What the Fuck. He is a nutter. Seemed shocked when at 6pm we said we had to go. Of course I have completely forgotten to mention that one of the brothers threatened to punch me out a couple of weeks ago and I had to call the police on him. What an arse. But I dont scare easily. Everything they have done is being documented and if we do end up in court, I feel confident that any sane judge will throw it out. The gravy train is coming to an end boys, you'll have to move out of the comfy homes you've been living in and paying nothing for and get a real life.

anyway, my christmas day comprised of eating one christmas mince pie. I spent it at a rest home in Tauranga (which I didnt mind) and then I booked into a hotel for the evening as I just couldnt bring myself to stay at mum's house with my brother, the one that lives there (and the other brother that lives in the house immediately behind).

The fireman has been completely awesome through all of this. I also have a fabulous lawyer. The whole thing is completely ridiculous, but I am happy to say that my mum is now safe and secure and being cared for properly. I'm at home at the moment while my sister is in Tauranga doing daily visiting duty while mum settles in. I will go back down in a few days. The nursing staff at the rest home are fabulous. Mum is settling in ok, although she cant remember where her room is at the moment, but that is not abnormal in any way.

anyway, it is nearly a new year. I know that I need to get back to being healthy. Stress, and bad food choices, sugary stuff, is not good. I probably have lots of inflammation going on in my body. My digestive system feels unhappy but at least I know what i have to do.

I hope everyone has had a great christmas and that we all have a happy new year. As i said before, i've been checking in on the journals from time to time, but just havent had the energy to make any sort of comments. I'm going to change that in the new year. I'll probably start boring you all with talk of my wedding or something

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    hi everyone, i've been meaning to come and update but it has really been too hard. I've lost 3 kgs just from stress and not eating so I guess there is an upside eh???
    "Always look on the bright side of life"

It sucks that you've had to go through that
    {{{hugs}}}
    I'm glad that your mom doesn't know what's happening.
    We've missed you

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    I'll probably start boring you all with talk of my wedding or something
    Wait! What???
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

yes remember, engaged in Paris!!!

right, about time I posted about the more humdrum daily existence stuff.

yesterday we fired up our new bbq and had friends and family over for lunch. Did a lovely piece of eye fillet steak, seasoned, seared on bbq, then put on a seeded mustard and garlic smear and back into bbq on a rack with hood down for 20 mins. Meat came out absolutely perfect medium rare and was delicious. I made a capsicum, tomato, cucumber salsa and a semi caesar salad and we had some plain boiled potatoes. I think I can safely say that passed the primal test. The lashings of bubbly maybe not so much primal Oh and the christmas pudding with custard and cream. Well I had to have a christmas pudding seeing as I missed out on christmas lunch. Man it was good too.

Then we went out for dinner in the evening with friends where I proceeded to drink even more bubbly. Lordy,, I was super tired last night. That was the most I have drunk in months yesterday. probably really good to have a blow out though.

We didnt get to sit on our new outdoor furniture though, it was just too hot outside yesterday and the fireman hadnt set up the umbrella base on our deck.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Dinner sounds lovely. I can dream of too hot, only another 6 or 7 months and maybe I'll have the same sentiment. Although I rarely find it too hot.

Happy New Year to you, I'll raise a glass of bubbles in frosty air in the hot tub in your honour .

happy new year to you all. My NY eve was very quiet, in fact I hate to admit it but I was in bed fast asleep at 10pm. Tragic. I am on some come down from stress I think. Have been having terrible nausea for last few days (in the mornings no less) and just feel sleepy all the time at the mo.

Went and looked at a few wedding venues yesterday. No closer to deciding on a date or a venue

Back down at the beach again for a few days to check up on mum in the rest home. Had a healthy dinner of steak and salad, with a not so healthy half bottle of wine... although it was the low alcohol wine! Nice walk on the beach with the pooches too. No nausea today but did have an incredible sleepiness come over me at the rest home so while mum had a wee nap on her bed, I lay on the sofa and had one too

definitely feeling a bit better. No nausea or sleepiness today. Perhaps a virus. havent eaten much today though. Was going to repeat last nights dinner but things went awry and I all I managed was drinking wine instead Had a few potato chips and cheese on crackers. so tonights dinner (steak cooked already) will be a cold lunch instead.