Page 149 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1674

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 149

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi Suze, Gwamma here, another Kiwi. I didn't recognise you sorry, but after reading the last couple of pages, thats cos you have been galavanting around the world. Good for you !!!!
    Congratulations on your engagement and wonderful finding all these great Kiwis.
    and yes I wear a skirt over my running trousers - i love them, cos it hides my buttox. Yours sound alot smaller than mine !!!!
    anyway I look forward to reading more about your adventures
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yeah, we're doing the tough guy/gal as a warm up, and then the mudder after. I'm psyched about it.

it will make roller derby harder, but DH and I talked about having me continue to NSO next year while things get underway with the business (again, it's growing! yay!), and then allow me to run a mudder crew with the parkour kid that I'm working with. So, that's derby for now, and maybe the year after that i can look into actually officiating.

yeah. my plan to train on the cold/wet is to jump in the harbor.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    HI Gwamma, thanks for stopping by!

ooooh zoebird, I think you may be insane . Good to hear your biz is still on the up and up.

Slightly better day today. No wonder I have been on a choc binge and grumpy, time of the month.

It's thursday so the fireman and I went to our local pub tonight after work (loyalty night, cheap beer!!!) We shared some fries and I had a wine but it was incredibly loud and noisy there so we didnt stay past 1 drink. I'd said something to the fireman about lacking spontaneity so when we got home he suddenly decided we should go out and check out a bar/tapas restaurant that I had mentioned about taking his daughter to on her birthday. Ok, you dont need to ask me twice. Luckily this was in our entertainment book so 25% off. we shared some lovely scallops with bacon, lemon and pea, some lamb meatballs in a nice rich tomatoey sauce and these rather yummy deep fried feta and mozarella balls with a honey sauce. Delish. And I had a nice glass of my 2nd favourite wine to wash it down So it turned into a date night which was lovely.

At the moment I'm listening to him snore unbelievably loudly in the next room. Seems hard to believe but his snoring has gotten worse since he had his sinuses operated on. Oh yeah, that happened during my MDA hiatus. Poor thing ended up with an infection and I had to rush him back to the hospital about a week after his op, very scary, never seen him so sick. Anyway, we saw the surgeon the other day and he said he's never had anyone get worse after the op, there is apparently a 15% chance that the snoring stops. Nope. We are now talking about the fireman having a UPPP and tonsillectomy. The UPPP reshapes the uvuvula or something, and they will also do some work on lasering the soft palate. Again no guarantees, but the surgeon doesnt think it will make it worse. god forbid, I dont know how it could get worse. You're probably wondering how we managed on our trip away. Sleepiing tablets!!! I hate them but they were the answer when we were in hotels. We did rent a 2 bed villa in southern france so had a good week drug free and in Rarotonga we also had a 2 bed villa.

Anyway a couple of photos... me having a read in the shade at our villa and me having our first breakfast (bacon, eggs and champagne! perfect)
    Attached Images Attached Images

crikey a week has passed since I last posted. Hmmm I'm not doing well at all at gettng back on the bandwagon. Food has been pretty shoddy I have to admit.

Last night I went out with my work colleagues and got completely hammered, have had almighty hangover all day which can only be resolved with coke. 2 cokes to be exact and a burger and chips for lunch

I've also got very sore quads, we had a fire drill at work at the beginning of the week... seriously walking down 23 flights of stairs in heels is HARD work. ouch.

I need to start changing my eating habits back to how I used to be and I really need to keep up with some exercise. My nicely rounded butt from all the walking while away appears to be flattening out again. bah humbug.

Had a bit of a scare tonight, Leo fell out of the car (I think he slipped cause it was wet as he was jumping out). Yelped and then had a seizure. He's had a little seizure once before - I wasnt sure if it was cramp or what, but it is bloody scary. Poor little guy. Anyway I eventually calmed him down, lots of stroking, carried him upstairs and just tried to straighten him out a bit. I will go and see the vet about it I think. It could just be muscular but as I say, this is the 2nd time I've seen this and it freaks me out. I've got my friends dog staying with me tonight as she has fallen off a horse and broken her arm and is up at the hospital waiting for xrays and all that palaver. Just as well the fireman is at work as he would not be coping with 3 dogs, not to mention me freaking out.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Oh no!
    Poor Leo
    Poor Suse

How is he feeling now?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

all good. Took him to the vet today, could be epilepsy. will start to watch very closely. He's fine after the seizure, absolutely fine. completely back to his normal self.

My poor friend is still in hospital, the top of her humerus has shattered, so will probably need an op. Milo is staying for a bit longer. the fireman will have to cope.

the firemans daughter told us tonight she is pregnant

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post

the firemans daughter told us tonight she is pregnant
    Is this good news?

hmmm. I dont think so. But that's a whole 'nother issue...

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yes, i am completely mad. but, it gets you adapted to the shock of cold water (which I hate).

i just learned from a friend of mine that the recreational derby league is up and running! I'm so psyched about it because it's low-commitment. I can train as much or as little as I want, so it's low commitment. I'm excited about this, and might participate here rather than going into the NSO/etc route. I don't know, though.

with biz, things are going great! it's awesome. i'm transitioning the studio over to a normal studio model (because that's what people want), and then I'm making plans to open another location probably getting the basics going around this time next year. I'm starting to build the client foundation in feb (kids yoga classes plus some adult classes plus a seniors class). That way, there will be a foundation of clients (and income) as well as brand recognition when we open premises. Then, I'll probably open a third and THEN start it up as a franchise. Though I have a friend in the US and another in Israel and another in Australia who is looking at. . . doing franchises. But, at least it gives me a bit of time to get things sorted.

in terms of that baby, I know a few women here who really want to be mothers. so, if fireman's daughter is keen, there's a way forward. adoptions here are semi-open, and i'm fairly certain you can do them privately (i don't know the law distinctly in this issue), but I could hook you up if you were intersted in that way. or if she was anyway.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thanks zoe. No, she wants the baby.. I just feel a bit like babies having babies. I feel a bit sorry for the father, I'm not sure it was in his plans right now and I feel he may have been caught in a trap. Just my feelings. Have to keep them to myself though. Life. complicated sometimes eh!