Page 148 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1642

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 148

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey, you're alive!! Happy to have you back, regardless of whatever path you're on.

Sucks that you're still having issues with mom and brother, I had hoped that would have all been settled, but what the hell can you do with family?? Glad you and the fireman are happy despite all that.

I agree with Em, you should stick around.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Hi Suse - I'm happy that you're around, too. I started a new journal - I'll be 50 soon, and had some slippage in the eating area. Strangely motivating to have a milestone birthday just around the corner . . . Do stick around, if only to tell us how happy you are!! can't argue with that!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    I started a new journal
    Well thanks for telling me!! Harumph.... sulk.....

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Hey, you're alive!! Happy to have you back, regardless of whatever path you're on.

Sucks that you're still having issues with mom and brother, I had hoped that would have all been settled, but what the hell can you do with family?? Glad you and the fireman are happy despite all that.

I agree with Em, you should stick around.
    +1!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Ok, I am completely useless. I think I'm back and then I disappear again. Sorry about that. Life feels busy, but not really.

So lots has been going on, I've turned 50! And I've been on the big trip to Hong Kong, England, France (including Paris), and Rarotonga. And while I was away, the fireman and I got engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In Paris!!!!!! Yes about time!

I just feel completely like I am off the wagon. My weight has been pretty stable though. Before I left to go on holiday, I was around 55 kg, which isnt too bad. I would say 54kg is what I view as my ideal, happy weight. On return from holiday, I weighed in at a bit over 57kg but dropped a kilo pretty much immediately as soon as bread was off the menu! (OMG french bread...croissants... oh boy... and lets not even begin to mention how much champagne I drank!!! )

One thing I did notice that my body felt tighter after all the walking we did, so I really need to try and get with the program, exercise wise. I have now ditched my carpark in town and am taking the train to work so that involves a little bit of a walk. Once the summer comes along properly I will try to do a lot more walking. It has pretty muched rain solid since we got home though (10 days ago)

Of course now I am back at work and slipping into old and BAD habits... getting a sausage roll for morning tea, devouring a chocolate bar after lunch. aaaaggggh. Not really that happy in my job. I feel like I need a major life change, but god knows what to do.

Anyway, I have thought from time to time, I really must get back into getting on here and doing my journal, it is so good to keep you focussed. And even though I have been absent, I've missed my main readers, Greenspout and Winencandy and Nourishedem and Jac!!! (and everyone else too but that's just off the top of my head) So I am going to try to a little more regular again.

Now then, I need to set some goals.

Oh by the way, I have found a new low alcohol wine. Brilliant stuff...

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Hi Suse!! Engaged in Paris . . . . I'm on the countdown to my 50th, and getting that restless feeling of wanting to do something different, too. Needing to make money is the biggest pain in the arse, ever. Lol.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Hooray, Suse is back .

Engaged? In Paris? And more travel? Most excellent. And low alcohol wine? Do tell.

Yes, you should continue the walking. How's the frozen shoulder been?

I'm looking forward to seeing you back around more regularly (than every 6 months, heheheh).

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Cool. Travels sound awesome.

I don't know where you are located (i keep forgetting), but i'm getting together a tough mudder group (to do yoga and parkour as the training and monthly primal pot-lucks after a two hour yoga/parkour training!) to do Melbourne 2014.

Yeah! you could join!

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the welcome back. I dont feel like I deserve it.

uggh, I am feeling hideous today. I think I have probably got a bad case of the post holiday blues. I feel utterly depressed, have just bitten off all my fingernails, eaten a LOAD of crap and had half a bottle of wine (low alcohol though ) I am not enjoying my job at all. I wish I could be one of those people that absolutely loves what they do. I dont even know what I want to do! Blah... I am feeling not so good today.

Anyway. I shall tell some stories about my holiday to make me feel better.

We loved staying in the south of france. We found a lovely property that we rented in Valbonne for a week. It is a gorgeous old village, about half an hour away from Nice and such a nice spot to tootle around the sights to. One day we went to St Tropez which was probably our longest trip, about an hour and a half on the motorway. Ahhh there is something lovely about being able to go topless... and the fireman wasnt complaining about it either I actually had a dip in the Mediterranean, it was lovely. I'm not much of a one to go in the sea (ever since I saw the movie Jaws, I've had a thing) but I thought this was worth it.

Anyway, some goals... ummmmm. I dont think I'm quite ready. I do feel like I am nearly at the bottom and ready to claw my way out. I guess I could think about a wedding and getting my self sorted for that. Hmmm that seems a long way off yet though.

Zoebird, I am in Auckland. so you are a tough mudder now... when I was doing bootcamp (waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when) I thought about doing the tough guy/girl mud run in Rotorua, but i am such a wimp when it comes to being cold and wet! Good for you. YOu are always so motivated and on to it.

Before I went away I did buy myself some new running/walking shoes.. they havent had much of an outing yet. I need to get with it. I also bought a ridiculously expensive running skirt which is very cute and even a new sports bra. I just need a new top to go with everything and I'll be set .

Greenspout, my shoulder is still playing up. I tried my kettleball when I got back from holiday as one thing I noticed in my photos was that my arms look kind of flabby. But one morning on the kettleball and my shoulder just started getting the niggle again. My original frozen shoulder is mostly fine, but I've never really regained full use of movement, I'd say 95%. This is the other shoulder that started playing up about a year ago. I think I might go back and re-read some of my early posts to see what I was doing. Some fish oils to reduce inflammation might be a good thing. Also, I am consuming waaaaaaaaaay too much sugar at the moment. I'm probably having at least 8 cups of tea a day with a teaspoon of sugar, and then add in the chocolate and the wine... oh dear....

Jac, 50!!! I so didnt want mine to happen but when I finally embraced it and threw a party it was brilliant. Yeah I totally here you on the money thing. God if I could just win the bloody lotto....

Anyway, sorry I'm a little bit whingy tonight. I'll try and improve this mood of mine for next time. Nice to be back.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Hooray, Suse is back .

Engaged? In Paris? And more travel? Most excellent. And low alcohol wine? Do tell.

Yes, you should continue the walking. How's the frozen shoulder been?

I'm looking forward to seeing you back around more regularly (than every 6 months, heheheh).
    What she said

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Before I went away I did buy myself some new running/walking shoes.. they havent had much of an outing yet. I need to get with it. I also bought a ridiculously expensive running skirt which is very cute and even a new sports bra. I just need a new top to go with everything and I'll be set .
    It's important to look good while you walk

Nice to see you back
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy