Page 145 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1647

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 145

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sad that mum's dementia is worse. Parents are supposed to be invincible, aren't they?

Lovely that you're having long walks on the beach with your doggies and lavishing in some vitamin D therapy <yes, I'd love to be somewhere warm and sunny right now...>.

Thoroughly enjoy the rest of your week, though you're looking after your mum, it sounds like a great opportunity to rest and recharge. And don't you start your new job right after the holidays??

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I'm back at work for 2 weeks before I start my new job!! not back to work till the 9th so this is a nice break.

I've had a very lazy day today, i had great intentions but in the end I just couldnt be bothered... I'm on holiday after all. and to be honest, I just need to recharge at the moment. took my last antibiotic today but am still hacking up shit off my lungs.

Got up and made mum and i a ham and cheese omelette (ham features in all my meals today... and probably for the rest of the week ) for breakfast. Took dogs for a walk on the beach. Came home and read book on my e-reader... today's book was OJ simpson's "If i did it".. what a crap book, seriously that man is full of shit... I wouldnt be at all surprised if he did do it frankly. got the bikini on and had a bit of time on the deck in the sun... made mum come and sit out with me. lunch was a ham and camenbert croissant for me (mum gets meals on wheels delivered so she had a chicken casserole). spent the afternoon sorting through mum's wardrobe to see what clothes still fit her... man she's packed on the weight, cant say the old girl doesnt have an appetite that's for sure, put food in front of her and she'll eat it!! bless.

dinner was ham and salad, and i made some home made chips fried in olive oil. also had a few chocolates today and am sitting here polishing off the rest of the wine that I opened the other night. I did not get to my pilates dvd... i need to though. I've been contemplating buying a kettleball and start doing kettleball swings... we'll see. I need a plan for the new year, I dont want to carry on like I am.

I've just been watching jack lalanne you tubes about facial exercises as I'm feeling depressed about my saggy jowls. Yep I really want to make some radical changes, I want to look gorgeous next year when i turn 50, not old and frumpy and podgy which is how I currently feel. Of course that will require motivation and more importantly commitment. anyway back to jack, great to watch actually and man didnt he age well!!

the fireman tells me he has a sore throat so I'm hoping he wont be sick when I get home... hopefully his immune system isnt as stressed as mine was and he'll knock it on the head a bit easier than I have.

That's all for now folks. HOpe you are all enjoying the summer (or winter as the case may be) break.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Sad that mum's dementia is worse. Parents are supposed to be invincible, aren't they?

Lovely that you're having long walks on the beach with your doggies and lavishing in some vitamin D therapy <yes, I'd love to be somewhere warm and sunny right now...>.

Thoroughly enjoy the rest of your week, though you're looking after your mum, it sounds like a great opportunity to rest and recharge. And don't you start your new job right after the holidays??
    What Greensprout said

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    I've been contemplating buying a kettleball and start doing kettleball swings... we'll see.
    How's your shoulder??

I want to look gorgeous next year when i turn 50, not old and frumpy and podgy which is how I currently feel.
    I don't think you look old and frumpy!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I don't think you look old and frumpy!
    Agreed.

Well girls, thanks... i love compliments!!! not that i was fishing, but dammit, i'll take them.

I bought a kettleball today... 8kgs (is that about 20lbs???) phew yes I can see how that gets you going. I did less than a minute probably and felt a bit breathless. tomorrow will do more. but hey, lets just celebrate that i BOUGHT a kettleball.

bit of time in the bikini again. decided to wash the dogs and give them a groom. did a bit of shopping for groceries (and a kettleball) and then later on mum decided she needed to go to the supermarket so I indulged her.

went and had drinks with our tenants tonight so feeling slightly pissy eyed as I write this.

other than that nothing new to report. BUT I BOUGHT A KETTLEBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well girls, thanks... i love compliments!!! not that i was fishing, but dammit, i'll take them.

I bought a kettleball today... 8kgs (is that about 20lbs???) phew yes I can see how that gets you going. I did less than a minute probably and felt a bit breathless. tomorrow will do more. but hey, lets just celebrate that i BOUGHT a kettleball.

bit of time in the bikini again. decided to wash the dogs and give them a groom. did a bit of shopping for groceries (and a kettleball) and then later on mum decided she needed to go to the supermarket so I indulged her.

went and had drinks with our tenants tonight so feeling slightly pissy eyed as I write this.

other than that nothing new to report. BUT I BOUGHT A KETTLEBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, IMO, that's cause for celebration!!!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Suse!
    Where are you???????
    We miss you
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Yeah... ^ what she said.

You knock yourself out with that new kettlebell or something??

sorry ladies, just been busy with one thing and another and havent had time to post anything at all. Will try and find some time soon, just wanted to log on and say I'm still alive and not to worry about me.

Kettleball hasnt had much action bloody hopeless.