Page 142 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1642

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 142

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    well you will be pleased to know that yes I did get the macadamias and mineral water.

Today I had weigh in and not surprisingly had put on... I immediately wanted to console my self with a florentine but I didnt. I had some macadamias and some water instead.

Yesterday was of course alcohol free monday... only it wasnt ah well... there's always tomorrow.

god I wish mark would do something about these spammers... they are so annoying.

Not much to report today anyway. Fish (baked in foil with some chilli/lime/coriander/soy) and chips with salad for dinner with half a bottle of pinot gris. (yum).

have been eating biscuits today, those cookie time christmas ones that are white choc and cranberry. RAther moreish I'm afraid.

Going to a wine tasting tonight

GOOD GRIEF.

i might just give up on my journal for a while.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Which chili did you use for the fish?

did you just slice them up and bake them all together. was butter used as well, or did you use an oily fish? i'm just looking for more recipes, and this might suit the bill.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    GOOD GRIEF.

i might just give up on my journal for a while.
    You can't give up unless you pm me your email or Facebook!

(I agree, the spammers are VERY annoying)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

grrr they are ANNOYING ME - I curse spammers and wish them a fiery death from self combustion.

just thought I would post the menu of the degustation dinner I had last weekend
    Six course Degustation Menu at Loan Brown restaurant

yes be envious, it was great.

I think TOM on the way as I'm feeling tetchy and i've got a dragging pain in my gut. had a dreadful sleep last night, felt like I was a rotisserie chicken with all the tossing and turning I did. Hopefully tonight will be better. Havent acheived much today, I've tried, but just seem unable to focus.

Fairly quiet weekend planned which is good, catchup with some friends for lunch and then catchup with some ex work colleagues from many years ago tomorrow night. Should be fun!

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Damn straight I'm envious of that tasting menu! No doubt you went for the wine pairings as well, it just makes sense .

Sounds like a lovely weekend planned, have fun and for God's sake, avoid injury .

Damn TOM too, I hear you on the loss of focus. Some days I almost look forward to menopause...

hell yes, with you girls all hurting yourself I'm going to take extra care

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greensprout View Post
    damn straight i'm envious of that tasting menu! No doubt you went for the wine pairings as well, it just makes sense :d.

Sounds like a lovely weekend planned, have fun and for god's sake, avoid injury .
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    hell yes, with you girls all hurting yourself i'm going to take extra care
    Last edited by winencandy; 12-11-2011 at 03:59 PM. Reason: fixed my smiley face. Stupid IBM ThinkPad...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

no injuries to report, although I do have a rash on my arm, not sure what that is from!

Wow interesting weekend. Did I mention a last week (or week before) that my brother had put in an offer to buy mum's house (the one we have rented and have been trying to sell FOREVER!) anyway, he made a fairly ridiculous offer and wanted us to leave in $120K for it that he would pay interest on (yeah right) and if and when mum passes away, that would come out of his inheritance. Anyway, we (my sister and I, as we are the powers of attorney) basically poo-poo-ed it. In the meantime he's broken his leg, so would probably have been sitting around coming up with another outrageous plan.

however, last night I had a REAL offer come through from an agent offering us $50k more than the last time this particular purchaser made an offer (which was about May last year which we turned down) of course there are strings. we currently have the house rented on a fixed term tenancy until June and the purchaser wants vacant posession in February and wants it all sorted and an unconditional deal by this time next week. so yes I'm scrambling a bit. I've asked the tenants if they will consider moving out and I've offered them a $5000 sweetener. I've also offered them the house that my brother lives in to move into for a short term while they find something else. Of course its complicated even more in that the tenants have a cat and a dog, and an adult disable son, so it's not like finding somewhere else is necessarily easy, and they are also looking at buying their own place next year so they probably wont want to get into another long term fixed tenancy. Anyway, watch this space, it could all be happening. It could work out well, if I can get my brother to move in with mum... a) I'd start getting a rental on that, and it's half way to getting him out before I think about mum going into a rest home.

Must go, time for a florentine. far too much going on in my life at the moment to even contemplate not eating a florentine