Hoorah for new jobs and shopping!

Damnation to spammers everywhere

Suse is offline Senior Member
    god the spammers are really just annoying. enough is enough

BeagleMan is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the new job!

Thanks beagleman

Well I had a weekend in Wellington and survived the 5.7 earthquake!!. Ha, to be honest if other people hadnt reacted I wouldnt have even known it was an earthquake, (apart from the building swaying) - I would have just thought best I cut back on the wines Anyway, we went to Logan Brown for dinner afterwards and that was absolutely fantastic. We had an 8 course? degustation menu with wine matches, oh my oh my oh my. The paua ravioli was to die for, venison, lamb delicious, the gorgeous panacotta for dessert. Yes sorry for anyone seriously dieting and listening to this, but I have to rave about it. My night would have been better had I not put my neck out, I was in a huge amount of pain all day (so took a ton of painkillers), I couldnt turn my neck at all, basically I had to move my whole body to look at anything.... I decided I would see if I could get a deep tissue massage in the hope of it easing the pain... well the massage I had (thai) was fantastic but alas it did nothing for easing the pain in my neck and down my shoulder blade. Oh well, it eased off on sunday somewhat thank goodness. and I have just been to see the chiropracter this morning - which leaves me feeling like I've been run over by a bus

Ok so I know I've said it before, but REALLY it is time to start eating better and do some exercise!

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Oh man, I'd love to try one of those menus!! Sounds fabulous.

Sorry to hear about your neck - makes you realise just how often we move our heads, eh. I had wry neck for a solid week once, ended up just crying with the pain. Hope your chiro works fast for you!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Ouch about the neck.

OMG about the food!

Yeah right to eating better and exercising.

Ok just need to write some thoughts about mind over matter...

I am having an absolute hankering for something sweet right now.. actually I feel like a coke.. and do you know why, because I heard someone opening a can (of something) and heard that sort of fizz and it got me thinking. Ok I dont really want a coke but I do. And I'm not very good at ignoring myself, but I am really really really going to try and not have one.

I did have a nice-ish lunch, had thai, so a couple of chicken satays and a chicken larb. The larb was just so so, (looked like the cat had been sick on the plate)

Anyway, I think I will go for a walk and buy some sparkling mineral water and a bag of macadamias. better than anything else I could possibly think of.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Well I had a weekend in Wellington and survived the 5.7 earthquake!!. Ha, to be honest if other people hadnt reacted I wouldnt have even known it was an earthquake, (apart from the building swaying) - I would have just thought best I cut back on the wines
    This made me laugh!!

My night would have been better had I not put my neck out, I was in a huge amount of pain all day
    Sorry about your neck I hope it's better now.

The larb was just so so, (looked like the cat had been sick on the plate)
    Eewww

Anyway, I think I will go for a walk and buy some sparkling mineral water and a bag of macadamias. better than anything else I could possibly think of.
    Good idea!!
    Did it work??
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Good idea!!
    Did it work??
    oops havent made it out yet, too busy reading about your misadventures... going now

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Your tasting menu does sound divine . Despite indulgences, apparently you fared better than the rest of us over the weekend

Yes to mineral water and macadamias. A decent choice.