Page 140 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1642

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 140

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm addicted to florentines. I think I will have to take the job just to be able to quit. Do you know that the man in the cafe puts the florentine in the bag and on the counter when he sees me crossing the road now... tragic... I wasnt able to not have one once I had the thought in my brain. I'm writing this now so that tomorrow I dont even need to mention it

Still waiting on the formal written offer. I bet they've sent it to my home address even though I asked them to courier to me here at work. Either that or there HR dept is a bit slow... It's kind of frustrating now, as I just want to see it in writing and then make a decision and move on... you know what I mean.

lunch... I went out for some fresh air and a bit of a window shop, I seriously thought about having a burger and chips but then thought no, I'll be good and get a salad, but the queue in the salad shop was out the door so I thought bugger... had lamb goulash on rice instead. All better than the burger and chips though!

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Awesome news about the job offer! Yes, it is a bit scary sometimes to start over in a new place, but exciting too. God knows, I've done it enough times, both in my military career and in civilian jobs. My resume is silly long if I actually list all the positions I've had...either looks really good or like I can't hold down a proper job, haha.

Florentines...they are lovely. I used to pick them up once in a while from this gourmet specialty shop with in house bakery near me...haven't done so since maybe late 2009...but I'm sure you could mimic a primal based one for an occasional treat, actually, didn't you talk about this on here many months ago?? Hmmm, Christmas is coming...

Well I have officially resigned from this job and start my new job in the new year. Yay.

no florentines this week but I've bought in a biscuit from home monday/tuesday so really just as bad. Had pasta for lunch today with a big iced chocolate. Just felt like not drinking tea for a change... Actually I'm bitchingly tired today, I've had 2 nights in a row of rather crappy sleep so here's hoping I get a good one in tonight.

The fireman took me shopping at lunch for a new dress. We are going to wellington this weekend for a xmas do/dinner and i said I cant wear the same dress I've worn for the last 2 christmas parties so he offered to buy me a new one I accepted graciously And it is very pretty too, a really lovely blue-y greeny dress, that sort of wraps around the front without actually being a wrap around. very flattering.

I've just caught up on everyone's journals, but I'm too tired to make any meaningful comments so I'll do that later in the week. Not that my comments are particularly meaningful anyway???

I feel like going home and cuddling up on the sofa with my doggies... however fireman is home so no chance of that... I guess I'll have to cuddle him instead

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    If you are coming to wellington this weekend, then we are getting together and that's that! I am going to the roller derby bout on Saturday night, but otherwise, I think we are wide open.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    If you are coming to wellington this weekend, then we are getting together and that's that! I am going to the roller derby bout on Saturday night, but otherwise, I think we are wide open.
    Pics, please, when it happens!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    We are there for such a short time Jennifer that I dont think it will be able to happen this time... we pretty much fly in on sat afternoon, get organised for pre dinner drinks and then off to Logan Brown for dinner (which everyone tells me is just awesome!!!). And then sunday we fly home but I cant recall what time off the top of my head??. PM me your mobile though as I would love to meet for a coffee if I can (or whatever healthy type drink you like cause I just dont think I've every heard you talk about wine!!! )

I meant to mention that I had a much better sleep last night (still not as restful as I would have liked though). My dinners the past 2 nights have been light on the carbs, ie monday was fish and salad, last night was bunless burger with egg/bacon/cheese and salad. 1 wine.

Today I managed to push through the desire for a florentine for morning tea. However went and got a potato bake/paella dish for my lunch and decided to have a gluten free ginger crunch for afters. doh. and now my waistline feels pinched. I sometimes wish I didnt want to eat food. I get a growly stomach though...

I was thinking about doing an IF and then I thought well, really, it was a bit over 14 hrs from when I ate dinner last night to breakfast this morning so really that is a mini IF....

anyway, I'm just having a rave of thoughts on the top of my head, I'm avoiding getting back to work and big ugly spreadsheets that are giving me a headache Is it friday yet... hmm although on friday I'm going to have a day with my new employer to get a handover from the outgoing person who leaves next week (I dont start till the new year) so no doubt I'll have complete information overload...

winencandy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Well I have officially resigned from this job and start my new job in the new year. Yay.
    Congrats!!!!!!!

The fireman took me shopping at lunch for a new dress. We are going to wellington this weekend for a xmas do/dinner and i said I cant wear the same dress I've worn for the last 2 christmas parties so he offered to buy me a new one I accepted graciously And it is very pretty too, a really lovely blue-y greeny dress, that sort of wraps around the front without actually being a wrap around. very flattering.
    Sounds lovely! And you're lucky, my Farmer HATES shopping...

I've just caught up on everyone's journals, but I'm too tired to make any meaningful comments so I'll do that later in the week. Not that my comments are particularly meaningful anyway???
    But iLove your comments

I was thinking about doing an IF and then I thought well, really, it was a bit over 14 hrs from when I ate dinner last night to breakfast this morning so really that is a mini IF....
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Sounds lovely! And you're lucky, my Farmer HATES shopping...
    dont worry, the fireman hates it as well... i promised I would only take him to 2 shops... (I had already seen a potential) Planning baby, planning

h67epipadjlg is offline Junior Member
    Hi Suse - I just wanted to say hi as I am originally from NZ and I am a 47 year old female. I live in the UK now, but might come home one day (after 25 years!!)

I gave up the wine for a month because I was drinking too much. Long story short but I eventually cut it out completely and don't miss it. Anyway, not expecting you to, but sometimes these habits take hold.

I eat a lot of NZ lamb which is plentiful here, and I love it. Especially the crispy fat around the edges of chops!!