Page 138 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1647

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 138

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Sucks about the headache and the night wake...yeah, that's really annoying.

Hope today is better
    what she said
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    headache all day... actually had to take a couple of painkillers for it, I'm not big on pain killers unless i really have a gnarly headache. even then it still just lingered at the side of my head all day... amazing how stress manifests itself.

my semi-interview went well (and i got lunch out of it!!). possibly another meet up with someone else tomorrow. it's a little bit weird because of the casualness of it all but not that that is a bad thing. i'm a bit worried that I could be bored (what... more bored than I am now!!!???) The thing with my current job is that i have deadlines to meet every fortnight, unrelenting, un-push-out-able deadlines. I kind of thrive on that I think.... this new job doesnt have that, more of a once a year deadline by the sounds of things. I just worry that I'll become lazy... lazier than I am now... however it could also be challenging for me in completely different ways - it could definitely be more client facing but still dealing with the numbers... i dont know. I suppose my biggest concern is leaving a comfortable well paid job where i have a lot of autonomy and my bosses think i'm awesome (silly fools! ) to go to something that is a bit of an unknown where they might find out that i'm not that shit hot after all...you know what i mean?

absolute shocker on the food front today... yum chicken and middle eastern salad in pita, and a really nice lamb, chorizo and feta pizza at the local pub tonight for dinner... caught up with a girlfriend for a good natter over a wine which was nice. Back to the drawing board tomorrow eh.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    I know what you mean about the job - hard to know how you'll react to a less deadline driven place. I get a bit lazy here, but tend to make it up at different times so my work output is still better than the required level. It's taken me quite a while to adjust to the idea that I can expand my job to make it more challenging - I was used to being told what to do and not being able to go beyond it.

Bummer about the headache - hope it's gone today!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

no headache today even though I had two sizeable glasses of wine last night. I guess it must have just been a stress buildup.

so another good meeting today, I have a much better idea of what the job entails now. I think it's definitely a good opportunity. So now I guess i wait and see for a bit... I'm not sure if I'll have to now go through a really formal process (which would be a pain in the butt) but it is a large professional global company so I dont know how I could skip the HR component and all the bullshit of a behavioural interview... tell us about a time when you ...insert inane question here ...blah blah blah...

Of course meeting was at lunch and my stomach started gurgling towards the end, and I was already late back from lunch so I literally stopped at a coffee shop and bought the first thing I saw... which happened to be a ham sandwich. I mean I know I had pizza and pita bread yesterday, but it is definitely a RARITY for me to even contemplate buying a sandwich! oh well. Really I dont know how people can eat sandwiches for lunch every day... I find them yuk. However, it did fill a hole as I was starving... Looking back I think I would have been better buying a choc bar from the vending machine.

Well it's friday. Thank goodness. I'm going shoppign tomorrow... ALL DAY... i will not rest until I have a whole new wardrobe... executive type wardrobe too it will need to be... lordy if I get this new job I have to look the part.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Glad the headache finally went...maybe the wine helped . It seems we can always find a rationalization for having wine!

Gads, those behavioural interview questions are the worst, aren't they?? Methinks I craftily fielded a few of those myself yesterday, hahaha. I've also been on the other side of doing structured interviews...holy crap, what a tedious process. At times, when we had to have a panel interview, the other interviewer and I would be kicking each other under the table at some of the inane responses we got...lordy, there are some winners out there...

Have an awesome time with shopping, sounds like you're looking at the classy expensive stuff! Sounds fun, sort of like playing "dress up", heheheh.

well I did spend all day saturday shopping!!! exhausting. I must have visited every store in Newmarket! And tried on dozens of outfits ...no exaggeration. All I came away with for my efforts was one skirt, 2 dressy t-shirts, 1 pretty blouse, 2 new bras and knickers and a belt. Bit tragic really. Have got my eyes on some rather high but stunning shoes, although they're not really work shoes... It did make me realise that I need to get back on the primal wagon though as some things definitely tight round my waist. And man oh man, was I a farter all day... you know those little silent but violent types... thank you bread for upsetting me.

The other bad thing about a day clothes shopping is looking at yourself in mirrors all day. uggh. I booked in for a cut and colour on the sunday which cost me an arm and a leg but I felt that I needed a professional colour rather than my usual home colour job and I definitely needed someone with fresh eyes to cut my hair. Overall I'm happy with the result, had about an inch off, the colour is a bit darker than I would've liked but it will fade down somewhat over the summer so I'm not too worried.

In other news I managed to trip up some stairs at a friends yesterday while holding an empty beer bottle... needless to say it smashed as I went down so I have lots of little cuts all over my right hand. It could have been much worse though, thankfully I didnt drop the bottle and then fall on the big jagged piece, I just went down with it. OWWWW

And the job front looks like an offer is imminent

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    God, if I could get all that in a single shopping trip I'd be ecstatic! I most often come home with a t-shirt or nothing.

Excellent news on the job, not so good on the trip - you're right, it could have been heaps worse. Glad it wasn't!!

Lol - I tried your advice about the red wine. At least it felt grown-up, and I had no desire to have more. Any recommendations for a nice mellow one? I've had a couple before that I've really liked, but the one on Saturday tasted quite sharp.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

I think with red wine, you get what you pay for. Personally I like a nice Merlot or a Pinot Noir if I have a red, which is rare... I dont know enough about red to counsel you unfortunately, however, I can TOTALLY recommend a Pegasus Bay Riesling... divine, a bit sweeter, a gorgeous bouquet, lower alcohol content too. Alas about $25 to $30 a bottle, so a real treat.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    The other bad thing about a day clothes shopping is looking at yourself in mirrors all day. uggh.
    Yup.

In other news I managed to trip up some stairs at a friends yesterday while holding an empty beer bottle... needless to say it smashed as I went down so I have lots of little cuts all over my right hand. It could have been much worse though, thankfully I didnt drop the bottle and then fall on the big jagged piece, I just went down with it. OWWWW
    Ouch!!

And the job front looks like an offer is imminent
    Excellent!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Lol - I tried your advice about the red wine. At least it felt grown-up, and I had no desire to have more. Any recommendations for a nice mellow one? I've had a couple before that I've really liked, but the one on Saturday tasted quite sharp.
    I'm just starting to like red wine. The Gamay variety (or Beaujolais in France) was recommended to me as a light bodied, good "beginner" red.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    ^
    what she said

I second the notion of a lovely pinot noir as a light bodied, flavourful red. Although I also love the bold, juicy robust reds, I think pinot noir (and pinot gris for whites) is probably my favourite. But a deep California Zinfandel or a rich Italian Amarone is amazing, too. As is an Argentinian Malbec. Ah, so many good wines...